Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alamar View Post
    How nice A grand Finale! Now that it is free for a couple months? Where were all you "coming back till the end" people when the servers needed you? Go back to what you were doing nothing to see here on our servers now.
    Actually I've intended to be on for only the days that this event is going to be held and no more. I have no reason to try to take advantage of any of the upcoming months because even during scheduling a date I tried to come up with a time that was clear upon my schedule and most others. The only reason I've had noticed of the fall of PS2/PC was because of the friends I have the pleasure to know from this community who forwarded me the information. If it weren't for their kindness throughout my personal PSU history up to now I wouldn't even have bothered trying to give something back to this community throughout my time here and hold out my community events I've ever done and left faster than a 2 year stay. But seeing as how I am a person who loves to interact with others ( Level cap races, technic cap races), this was one of the only ideas I'm capable of contributing to everyone as a proper thank you return one last time. Hell, look at the events carefully and you see not a single case deals with acquiring equipments or even entering a game to play, kill a boss, or anything about leveling at all. It's basically a get together to reunite with old friends as well as new ones so we can sing kumbaya around a camp fire and be happy with one another.

As we've stated before, just throw away the hate and anger you have built up for the person next to you because it doesn't even matter up to this point in time. Even our coordinators had to learn to find the will to make amends with one another. I don't know you personally but you seem to be a bitter person during times where people want to celebrate a get together to reminisce about good times especially when you yourself have had your own hiatus.

Just relax with us and let it go man.

-Cheers
    Last edited by Dj_SkyEpic; Jan 28, 2010 at 08:08 AM.

I would like to join this epic ending of the servers.

So this is the last community event that is hosted by somebody who doesn't really care about this community. Just like what he said.. he wouldn't even know this if nobody informed him.

Okay, given that we don't mad at you who could save the server if you were to return months ago. but.. only 3 hours for the last event? not everybody live in the same time zone! Not everybody has no work on that day. It is unfair for some people who has been playing all this time but not be able to join the last event because some old school self-center schedule the time. This kind of event should be repeat on a few different time zone, at least.

Me and my friends live in HK, and I know there are many EU, AU, Asian who won't make it at this time too. Nobody who has been sticking around in this game until now should miss the finale.
    Last edited by GH499; Jan 28, 2010 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GH499 View Post
    So this is the last community event that is hosted by somebody who doesn't really care about this community. Just like what he said.. he wouldn't even know this if nobody informed him.

Okay, given that we don't mad at you who could save the server if you were to return months ago. but.. only 3 hours for the last event? not everybody live in the same time zone! Not everybody has no work on that day. It is unfair for some people who has been playing all this time but not be able to join the last event because some old school self-center schedule the time. This kind of event should be repeat on a few different time zone, at least.

Me and my friends live in HK, and I know there are many EU, AU, Asian who won't make it at this time too. Nobody who has been sticking around in this game until now should miss the finale.
    -Like a lot of people, DJ cared about the community a lot.
    I don't know where your baseless statements are coming from.

-Back up, back up-- DJ is in no way, a self-centered person.
    Just because he chose a time that didn't include some time zones does not mean anything negative.
    What gets me is that many, and I mean MANY MMO's have all kinds of events that a lot of people miss, and I've yet to see anyone complain (not saying people don't) about that.
    Let alone, this isn't even an official in-game event, this is one hosted by someone from the community, for the community, with others from the community.
    If you want an event too, why doesn't someone from the EU/AU/Asian time zones host an event then?
    It's a simple conclusion, right?

-I don't know how long you've been playing, but since you seem to care about how long people have been playing--
    The oldbies who are returning and have decided to quit looong ago, have started the game since release and quit over 2 years AFTER of its release.
    Are you telling me that we aren't allowed to come back and visit old friends as well as the community that we were once a part of?
    That's like saying that your grandma is on her death bed at home, and you aren't allowed to visit her because you haven't seen her in so many years.
    In any case, if it really bothers you THAT much, I myself will be willing to host an event for EU/AU/Asian timezone people.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuki- View Post
    -Like a lot of people, DJ cared about the community a lot.
    I don't know where your baseless statements are coming from.

-Back up, back up-- DJ is in no way, a self-centered person.
    Just because he chose a time that didn't include some time zones does not mean anything negative.
    What gets me is that many, and I mean MANY MMO's have all kinds of events that a lot of people miss, and I've yet to see anyone complain (not saying people don't) about that.
    Let alone, this isn't even an official in-game event, this is one hosted by someone from the community, for the community, with others from the community.
    If you want an event too, why doesn't someone from the EU/AU/Asian time zones host an event then?
    It's a simple conclusion, right?

-I don't know how long you've been playing, but since you seem to care about how long people have been playing--
    The oldbies who are returning and have decided to quit looong ago, have started the game since release and quit over 2 years AFTER of its release.
    Are you telling me that we aren't allowed to come back and visit old friends as well as the community that we were once a part of?
    That's like saying that your grandma is on her death bed at home, and you aren't allowed to visit her because you haven't seen her in so many years.
    In any case, if it really bothers you THAT much, I myself will be willing to host an event for EU/AU/Asian timezone people.

I m sorry. I was frustrated back then. However, you should understand that when you name your event as a "Grand Finale" Then it should be an event for everybody not just certain group or part.

When you host such a big event and already use so many kind of idea and people, it leave no spot for other person to host any big event like this again. (plus if they did an event after that, then this wouldn't be the real final event) well, I will shut my mouth from now..
    Last edited by GH499; Jan 28, 2010 at 07:25 AM.

It really shouldn't matter what's in a name since it's basically a mask over an experience you can obtain. What matters most is what comes out of that experience. We can call this occurrence whatever we could and it still wouldn't change to me because I'm sure there are other still willing to throw their own celebration further down the road and I would like that. Don't let our event be the one to stop you from doing what you want to do. I practically welcome it. We decided on a time that fit right for most players and since it's a US server it felt alright to land on a weekend. Even then UK timezones are capable of attending! I hope you read our event post correctly though since it states the starting time as 12pm PST which converts to 3pm EST. That means it's the starting timezone and not how long the event is going to be held. We practically don't know how long the event will even last which is why we are holding onto 3 days worth in case it needs to be extended that long of a period. Still though, there are rooms for adjustments and that's why I also stated that everything has yet to be decided on the post.

Guardian of the Black Heart Danny_Dark's Avatar

...Maybe I Take A Look, Depends On my Time(Germany)...
    PSU PS2/PC REST IN PEACE !

I want to say just one thing. I wanted to avoid arguing with people, but it's probably best that we all get this out.

Ok, so a lot of us day 1'ers are coming back "just because it's free". Or so a lot of you think. Well you know what? It's not exactly fair to be judged immediately. I find it a little offensive that people think that this game only belongs to them because they were here on the game's last breath. Uhh... hello? We were here when the game started. And, honestly, we've been playing longer than ANYONE. My buddies and I have played this game for two years. This game has only been up for a little over three years. That's certainly more than half of it's life. But just because we now show up at the last minute, we're not entitled to come back even though we've been here for way longer? Regardless, we are returning whether anyone approves or not. There's nothing anyone can do to stop us.

If you feel it's a slap in the face, then I'm sorry. There's nothing anyone can really do about how you feel about that. But I honestly feel this is an honorable way to say goodbye to it. I mean, ultimately, this is just a game, and we have to move on. But for many of us, old or new, it was more than that. I can tell you that I've had a memorable experience in every single one of the lobbies and mission maps. Memories that extend far beyond finding a rare drop or making a good trade. I can make a post sharing with you every single experience and interaction, good or bad, but it seriously won't fit in this post.

You really could have made PSU a soap opera... that is when I was around, at least. Ryuki knows exactly what I'm talking about too. We've exchanged many words to each other that haven't exactly been the nicest. And he easily wasn't the only one either. I'm willing to put that all behind me for the end though. Now isn't the time for that.

But as you can see, there's a history here. It'll be a little haunting to come back to the servers, honestly. The memories are very vivid. I know I've made some REALLY bad connections, but I've made just as many good ones. I can't take my UBER 1337 rares with me... But I can certainly bring the good and bad times with me.

So, if you still think us coming back is a bad idea... Then, yeah, I'm sorry you feel that way. But, I really hope you understand where we're coming from. It's not just seeing old faces either. It would be awesome if I can make some new friends in the last stretch too. Last thing I want is for this to feel "clique-y". Everyone is welcome to participate.

I repeat:

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.

I certainly would love new people to come. I'm tired of telling the same stories over and over to the same people. LOL

And that's all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    I want to say just one thing. I wanted to avoid arguing with people, but it's probably best that we all get this out.

Ok, so a lot of us day 1'ers are coming back "just because it's free". Or so a lot of you think. Well you know what? It's not exactly fair to be judged immediately. I find it a little offensive that people think that this game only belongs to them because they were here on the game's last breath. Uhh... hello? We were here when the game started. And, honestly, we've been playing longer than ANYONE. My buddies and I have played this game for two years. This game has only been up for a little over three years. That's certainly more than half of it's life. But just because we now show up at the last minute, we're not entitled to come back even though we've been here for way longer? Regardless, we are returning whether anyone approves or not. There's nothing anyone can do to stop us.

If you feel it's a slap in the face, then I'm sorry. There's nothing anyone can really do about how you feel about that. But I honestly feel this is an honorable way to say goodbye to it. I mean, ultimately, this is just a game, and we have to move on. But for many of us, old or new, it was more than that. I can tell you that I've had a memorable experience in every single one of the lobbies and mission maps. Memories that extend far beyond finding a rare drop or making a good trade. I can make a post sharing with you every single experience and interaction, good or bad, but it seriously won't fit in this post.

You really could have made PSU a soap opera... that is when I was around, at least. Ryuki knows exactly what I'm talking about too. We've exchanged many words to each other that haven't exactly been the nicest. And he easily wasn't the only one either. I'm willing to put that all behind me for the end though. Now isn't the time for that.

But as you can see, there's a history here. It'll be a little haunting to come back to the servers, honestly. The memories are very vivid. I know I've made some REALLY bad connections, but I've made just as many good ones. I can't take my UBER 1337 rares with me... But I can certainly bring the good and bad times with me.

So, if you still think us coming back is a bad idea... Then, yeah, I'm sorry you feel that way. But, I really hope you understand where we're coming from. It's not just seeing old faces either. It would be awesome if I can make some new friends in the last stretch too. Last thing I want is for this to feel "clique-y". Everyone is welcome to participate.

I repeat:

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.

I certainly would love new people to come. I'm tired of telling the same stories over and over to the same people. LOL

And that's all I have to say.

Very nicely said.
    -Trust no one and they will not do you wrong-

Lol, whoever is getting angry because people are coming back for the free period is an asshat.

IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT COME BACK!!! WE WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU AND SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!