Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 10 meseta ultra rares annoyances

Ok guys, i was just wondering what bothered people the most about the 10 meseta ultra rares of the game. I Know for me i dont mind have no percents, and im not too upset if i dont get an element either because 99 percent of those weps have set elements anyway. I think what pisses me off the most is not even getting a PA with a weapon. Example I've done the sh valley like 50 times and i've only found 1 riverman missouri, well those suckers are blank, no element, no PA. haven't gotten one since, may not get any others. Same thing with the white disaster i found, its blank. Now if the weapons are that hard to find they should have at least a set PA. i can deal with no percents and an unchangable element to me is useless unless its good to begin with. so if certain 10 meseta rares are programed to come with A certain PA why not just do it for all of them.

my only gripe w/o 10 meseta's are they are too damn rare =o

and yes, i believe it is just trifling how they put silly rares with silly drop rates only for you to consider attributes liek element, PA, and %'s which can be the difference of your silly rare being godly or worthless 500+ hrs of gameplay =(
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries

Quote Originally Posted by leviayurashyguy View Post
    my only gripe w/o 10 meseta's are they are too damn rare =o

and yes, i believe it is just trifling how they put silly rares with silly drop rates only for you to consider attributes liek element, PA, and %'s which can be the difference of your silly rare being godly or worthless 500+ hrs of gameplay =(
    YES.

I shouldn't complain since I have found like five good 10-meseta items, including a ridiculously obnoxiously good Celeb 5 H44 that I desperately wish was a Celeb 5 Zero Cane (with Magical Sign) instead. But I swear, those five are the shining exceptions buried deep within an enormous steaming pile of like 32,768 crappy, crappy, crappy 10-meseta rares, many of which were SO CLOSE to being awesomely epic but for one teensy flaw that renders them worthless. I swear I almost threw my DS at a passing 747 the day I found an Ajax with Bull Smash, awesome percents, and.......... Level 4 MESETA. AAAAAAUUGH.

When I first started playing, coming from the old Dreamcast PSO, I was so hyped up about this game's seemingly forgiving nature, given that you can actually see cool items drop instead of never ever seeing a single one in your entire hundreds-of-hours of gameplay. But then I realized that they replaced the obscenely ridiculous drop rates from that game with something far more insidious—random elements and PAs, only a tiny fraction of which are any good at all.

Maybe if they made something besides Celeb and something besides maybe 5 or 6 of the PAs even remotely good, things would be different. But maybe their intention all along was to have only a few good elements so that you'd still have to play this game FOREVER in order to find that one awesome item......

Legend of Diettre Xren rickfrior's Avatar

Very true, I got to admit, it takes away your efforts and all.
    I do wonder why weapons like Fuuma Shuriken always HAVE a Photon Art just 'cause they only have one set PA!
    "To declare epic battles with swords like a that of a HUnter and to wield guns as a RAnger, and to end wars with magical prowess, with a balance of both, you're a formidable FOrce."
    - Rick Frior

PSZ Protagonists: HUmarl Lv 97, FOmar Lv 100 (Main), RAcaseal Lv 100
    "Destined by Fate, Fated by Destiny..."

It just makes finding a good rare that much sweeter

Legend of Diettre Xren rickfrior's Avatar

Yeah, exactly.
    Gets you addicted.
    "To declare epic battles with swords like a that of a HUnter and to wield guns as a RAnger, and to end wars with magical prowess, with a balance of both, you're a formidable FOrce."
    - Rick Frior

PSZ Protagonists: HUmarl Lv 97, FOmar Lv 100 (Main), RAcaseal Lv 100
    "Destined by Fate, Fated by Destiny..."

True that. I love this game cause it keeps you in even after finishing it 50 times. it's incredibly fun, addicting and DS abusive lol. thrown it twice when i got bad percentages on enemy item drops.
    Zombie girls are Disgusting!!! They only like guys for their brains...

Quote Originally Posted by pso_crash View Post
    It just makes finding a good rare that much sweeter
    There is a different between finally having the well rewarded feeling of getting that rare you been long after and keep playing, keep playing, keep playing and nothing... but hey if you really want that rare you have to keep playing or just quit or move on.

It's the same reason gambling machines in Vegas have tons of small payouts in addition to the ultra rare big ones. The tiny payouts are what keep you going. It's a taste of the promise of something much greater if you just keep going.