Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For a lot of older gamers like myself it's probably from growing up with the Phantasy Star games on the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive. I never had the privilage of owning a Sega Genesis myself but I did try out a Genesis Rom and one of the games I played was Phantasy Star 4 which I thought was one of the most amazing games I had played up untill that point in time ( FFVII was out by then and i felt that PS4 was just as good as it ). My love of PS4 lead me to PSO which many PSO gamers would tell you was one of the most addictive games ever created, from there I went on to PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by OnnaWren View Post
    I started playing this series way, way, way back in 1988, with the very first game on the Master System... when I was only 15.

It doesn't necessarily attract older players, rather, some of us have grown up alongside the series instead.
    Holy Fuck.... it's Onnawren! Haven't seen you around in a long time.

Yeah, I can't say exactly why so many older gamers like Phantasy Star, but for me - it's because I've been a fan of PS since '88 on the Master System. While PSO and PSU aren't exactly what I'm hoping for out of the series; they're decent enough games in their own right.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Holy Fuck.... it's Onnawren! Haven't seen you around in a long time.

Yeah, I can't say exactly why so many older gamers like Phantasy Star, but for me - it's because I've been a fan of PS since '88 on the Master System. While PSO and PSU aren't exactly what I'm hoping for out of the series; they're decent enough games in their own right.
    Fortunately for me, I didn't play the classic Phantasy Stars until after I played PSO and PSU, but I apologize as I can see where you're coming from with the disappointment, what with the series turning from a well developed Sci-Fi plot to LOLANIMU.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Better question:

What about this series attracts so many HUmars?!

You can choose from so many types of avatars, hunters, types, character classes, from 31st century android robots to hyper-engineered - supposedly long lost Newmans (who are from the moon via some latest canon) with powerful technique magic spells and you choose

HUnter
    Human
    Male

Then you pick the spikey hair-do

And look immediately for some big swords. Cloud/Sephiroth in all games, retread the same story as another game you already played that wasn't much of a story.

-
    But if there was no spikey hairdo HUmar, I guess that's a bunch of money SEGA/Sonic Team miss out on in 9 years of the game.
    -
    New PSZero HUmar is more of a spelunker, adventurer, goggle he never wears kid with some satchels. Maybe a little cooler than an ASH or an ETHAN WABER, but he's still sort of the same guy in any other JRPG style.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    Better question:

What about this series attracts so many HUmars?!

You can choose from so many types of avatars, hunters, types, character classes, from 31st century android robots to hyper-engineered - supposedly long lost Newmans (who are from the moon via some latest canon) with powerful technique magic spells and you choose

HUnter
    Human
    Male

Then you pick the spikey hair-do

And look immediately for some big swords. Cloud/Sephiroth in all games, retread the same story as another game you already played that wasn't much of a story.

-
    But if there was no spikey hairdo HUmar, I guess that's a bunch of money SEGA/Sonic Team miss out on in 9 years of the game.
    -
    New PSZero HUmar is more of a spelunker, adventurer, goggle he never wears kid with some satchels. Maybe a little cooler than an ASH or an ETHAN WABER, but he's still sort of the same guy in any other JRPG style.
    I concur.
    Life's a bitch and then you die.

"HAYABUSA:
    What about this series attracts so many HUmars?!"

id have to say its the same people that belive you need to be male to play a male character, and you need to be female in order to play a female character.

i dunno, some people just dont get it i suppose..

anyway, back on topic, i came into the phantasy star world with pso, when it first came out in the dreamcast era. since that time i went back and played the originals, ps1 and 2 and 4 (skipped 3, lol)

i think its just a solid game and there hasnt been much aat all, if ever, that fits in this catagory..

and people can say all they want about how its close to 'star wars' sabers and magic etc.. starwars is played out..always was.... PSO however is fantastical!
    bought pso v1 before i ever had a dreamcast. you know how it is, love at first sight =)

rabarta love.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...21&postcount=1

dreamcast+nolstalgia