Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rare Monster Q

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    No, Mil Lily's Megid is a random level between 10-30. All the other Ob Lilies in the same wave (maybe same room if the Mil Lily is standing still?) will raise their level if the Mil Lily's Megid is over their level.
    Are you sure about this part? I've seen my fair share of Mil Lillie's in my PSO career, and it seems to me that they've always used a high-level Megid than Obs, never at random, like you're suggesting. If that is the case, than it's got to be a fairly small chance for their Megid to be actually lower, as for every wave I had a Mil in, the Megid increased, and usually, got me, 75% of the time by surprise, 24% of the time by being forced into it (enemy attack), and the other 1% by just plain stupidity (aka walking right into it when I knew it was coming)* I'm just pointing out that I've never in my PSO career seen a Mil Lilly with a lower-level Megid than an Ob, so I'm calling this a myth, like the green Mil Lilly, unless you have a screen showing me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by psofan219 View Post
    Are you sure about this part? I've seen my fair share of Mil Lillie's in my PSO career, and it seems to me that they've always used a high-level Megid than Obs, never at random, like you're suggesting. If that is the case, than it's got to be a fairly small chance for their Megid to be actually lower, as for every wave I had a Mil in, the Megid increased, and usually, got me, 75% of the time by surprise, 24% of the time by being forced into it (enemy attack), and the other 1% by just plain stupidity (aka walking right into it when I knew it was coming)* I'm just pointing out that I've never in my PSO career seen a Mil Lilly with a lower-level Megid than an Ob, so I'm calling this a myth, like the green Mil Lilly, unless you have a screen showing me otherwise.
    I could probably get a screenshot, but seeing how a Mil Lily is a rare monster and throws out a random level Megid, it would be hard to get one that shoots a low level one.

What I will say, however, is that yes, you are right, it is actually harder to get a Mil Lily to shoot a low level Megid and it logically makes sense. If you know already, you need at least 70 EDK to survive a normal Ob Lily's Megid. Which basically suggests that Ob Lily's Megid is at Lv15. Since Mil Lily's Megid is random between Lv10-30, you basically have 5 levels for low level Megid vs. 15 levels for high level Megid. In other words, you have about a 25% chance at getting a low level Megid (5/21) and about 75% chance at getting a high level Megid (15/21). The very low less than 1% (1/21) is when the Mil Lily's Megid level is equal to Ob Lily's original Megid level. Hence, that is the logical reasoning why Mil Lily tends to choose a higher Megid level than a lower one.

Now, as for reasoning that you could actually see for yourself, this is something you could do. We know that you need 70 EDK in order to survive an Ob Lily's Megid. Visually, you probably won't be able to distinguish a Lv14 Megid to a Lv15 Megid. But, it still can't kill someone who has 70 EDK on. Therefore, as "proof", what you could do is equip yourself 70 EDK and find a Mil Lily. Let any lilies you see shoot you with a Megid for a good couple of times. If a Megid is able to kill you, then the Mil Lily's Megid is in fact higher than Lv15 Megid. However, if it doesn't kill you, and to be certain have them shoot at you for like 3 minutes or so, then the Megid is in fact lower than Lv15 Megid, therefore proving that the Megid level can get lower than the Ob Lily's original Megid level.

I think we had this discussion on the forums for a pso server, and one of the admins said that while the ob lillies' medgid looks like it matches the level of the mil lillies', it actually doesn't change.

I think what psofan is saying, and what I also have observed in my experience, is that every single time I've found a Mil Lily, the megid has appeared to be at least lvl 16 (and I don't think I've ever seen it appear to be above lvl 25.) I've never seen it shoot the slower and simpler ≤15 megid that obs shoot. I've definitely seen enough mils shoot megid that it's extremely improbable that there's as high as a 25% chance that it can be lvl ≤15 in appearance.

Now, what might be possible is what 16085k said, where it changes appearance, but not level. If this is the case maybe Mils have a random lvl but just always appear to be in the 16-25 range.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJoe View Post
    I think what psofan is saying, and what I also have observed in my experience, is that every single time I've found a Mil Lily, the megid has appeared to be at least lvl 16 (and I don't think I've ever seen it appear to be above lvl 25.) I've never seen it shoot the slower and simpler ≤15 megid that obs shoot. I've definitely seen enough mils shoot megid that it's extremely improbable that there's as high as a 25% chance that it can be lvl ≤15 in appearance.

Now, what might be possible is what 16085k said, where it changes appearance, but not level. If this is the case maybe Mils have a random lvl but just always appear to be in the 16-25 range.
    What 16085k said was that Ob Lilies Megid level do not change if a Mil Lily is around and that is only true if the Mil Lily chooses a level below Lv15. What you said visually makes no sense. A Lv30 Megid has a Lv30 Megid appearance. A Lv15 Megid has a Lv15 Megid appearance. There is no such thing as a Lv30 Megid appearing like an Lv15 Megid.

As for what is it right now, 25% is not high at all. You basically have a 50% chance better getting a high level Megid than a low level one. I'm still trying to find that screenshot where a Mil Lily shoots a low level Megid and as I said, you could test this out easily but wearing 70 EDK, find a Mil Lily, let any lily shoot you (because Ob Lilies' level does not change) and if you don't die, it's clearly lower than the Ob Lilies original level.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    What 16085k said was that Ob Lilies Megid level do not change if a Mil Lily is around and that is only true if the Mil Lily chooses a level below Lv15. What you said visually makes no sense. A Lv30 Megid has a Lv30 Megid appearance. A Lv15 Megid has a Lv15 Megid appearance. There is no such thing as a Lv30 Megid appearing like an Lv15 Megid.

As for what is it right now, 25% is not high at all. You basically have a 50% chance better getting a high level Megid than a low level one. I'm still trying to find that screenshot where a Mil Lily shoots a low level Megid and as I said, you could test this out easily but wearing 70 EDK, find a Mil Lily, let any lily shoot you (because Ob Lilies' level does not change) and if you don't die, it's clearly lower than the Ob Lilies original level.
    You say a megid looking like a different lvl than it is doesn't exist, but that's what 16085k suggested, and though I haven't heard of anything like that, it seems like it's a possibility. I have no reason to assume it couldn't be the case. Though he only mentioned ob lilies, I thought that maybe if it was true of ob lilies it was also true of mil lilies. This explanation seemed plausible to me because it explains my never having seen them shoot a low level megid, and your claim that the megid varies in level.

Also, there would be no need to do that test you're describing, because I'm simply saying I've never seen a Mil shoot a megid that looked lvl 15 or below, nor have I seen an Ob shooting one that looked 15 or below while a Mil was present. I'm also saying that given the number of Mils I've seen it's highly unlikely there's a 25% chance that Mils can have a megid that appears lvl 15 or below, though finding that screenshot would confirm to me that it at least happens sometimes. I don't think anyone wants to see me calculate how I know it's unlikely, but I've seen at least 40 Mils, maybe more, and though I may not have seen all of them shoot, I don't recall any of them being low level.
    Last edited by ViewtifulJoe; Feb 22, 2010 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJoe View Post
    You say a megid looking like a different lvl than it is doesn't exist, but that's what 16085k suggested, and though I haven't heard of anything like that, it seems like it's a possibility. I have no reason to assume it couldn't be the case. Though he only mentioned ob lilies, I thought that maybe if it was true of ob lilies it was also true of mil lilies. This explanation seemed plausible to me because it explains my never having seen them shoot a low level megid, and your claim that the megid varies in level.

Also, there would be no need to do that test you're describing, because I'm simply saying I've never seen a Mil shoot a megid that looked lvl 15 or below, nor have I seen an Ob shooting one that looked 15 or below while a Mil was present. I'm also saying that given the number of Mils I've seen it's highly unlikely there's a 25% chance that Mils can have a megid that appears lvl 15 or below, though finding that screenshot would confirm to me that it at least happens sometimes. I don't think anyone wants to see me calculate how I know it's unlikely, but I've seen at least 40 Mils, maybe more, and though I may not have seen all of them shoot, I don't recall any of them being low level.
    In technicality, BB could probably swap the inner code for what Megid could look like at different levels, but I don't play BB and I don't know much about the complicated stuff and it's beyond what this topic is asking anyways. Therefore, what I'm assuming is that you did not change anything and the Megid is what it looks like originally. Therefore, visually, it makes no sense. And quite frankly, even common sense should tell you that a Lv1 power Megid can never appear like a Lv30 Megid. And if you still think it's possible...well I don't know what to say.

The test is for those who don't believe that the Mil Lily's Megid can't go lower. Not pointing at you specifically, but for any non-believers in general.

I'll be quite honest though. Even I don't believe that Lv10 is the minimum level. There has been many theories on how the Mil Lily behaves but there has not been one single credible source on it, thus creating all these suggestions about it. Many have said that the Mil Lilies Megid is "random", but how random is it is beyond our knowledge. I personally have never faced a Mil Lily that shot a Lv1 Megid, but I personally have experienced surviving a Mil Lily's Megid with 70 EDK for at least 5 minutes (hence the test I'm suggesting). Now, of course what I say is not credible whatsoever, but I know that I experienced a Mil Lily shooting a lower level Megid. You could take my word for it or you don't and if you don't, that's fine. That's where the test comes in: to find out for yourself.

About how often do you find a Mil Lily that shoots a megid that looks like a low level megid (that goes slow and doesn't have the purple smoke stuff?)

I should add that I was talking about BB, it might be different in GC. There's a chance that it's supposed to change the level in BB but it doesn't work right.

Well regardless, this is off topic. I'll test this myself, though it'll be painstakingly long as Mils just LOVE to hide >.>