Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: questions

It was an option, your post was correct AS far as ET being an option. That was what I meant by you were correct. This is where comparison kicks in.

The Sky Survey on it's own is pretty good. As an Attack/PA weapon at least. Techs will be a little less but if you'll be spamming techs so much you might as well equip a Rod or Wand.

Plus controlled farming gives you the cream of the crop, so if you want to maximize your Techs with Slicers and still deal good damage then your goal is the Eridanus. And if you want to maximize your Techs then no questions asked here, Selective farming for Shurikens is the way to go.

The ET option only reliably works for a real bad Sky Survey. 6* weapons are in general easily farmed, let's not even factor in how easy it is to farm a Sky Survey since that's one of the common drops of Hard Dark Shrine.

ET combines so many drop lists that you're not always guaranteed of a Slicer that can outclass a farmed Sky Survey.
    Last edited by RRyuugu; Feb 21, 2010 at 05:52 AM.

Why did you have to compare them?
    Why couldn't you just say you thought it would be good to hunt the hostiles that drop it in their original area?
    Why did you say my suggestion was not as good as yours?
    I'm not asking for the comparisons, I'm asking why you had to compare them in the first place.
    As far as I can see, the only logical reason would be to further your own suggestion by saying mine wasn't as good, which was completely unnecessary. You didn't have to mention mine at all. I'm trying to understand why you felt compelled to even say your suggestion was better in the first place. It's up to the poster to decide which option he wants to take. I have no idea, why on earth, you would need or even want to criticize my suggestion to further yours. If that's not the case, then please fill me in. I'm not quite sure how you could put a positive spin on what you did.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Then the poster can freely disagree with me and go farm the ET and think he's better off.

I'm not going to go to his house and smash his DS for thinking otherwise. You're too personally affected bythings like this. It's a discussion, one with several options no less, comparisons are expected.

We aren't talking about the poster, we are talking about you.
    I'm asking why you felt the need to criticize my post at all, when it was clearly not needed. What was your reasoning behind you wanting to say yours was better?
    Expected? That's funny. Nobody else made a comparison about anything except for you.
    Last edited by Kirukia; Feb 21, 2010 at 05:59 AM.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

I wasn't criticizing your post. Just because you're the only person who posted about the ET that the idea is exclusively yours? That you were the one who figured it out? Give me a break.

This is why regardless of who would have posted about the ET I still would have the same post. The content of my post is only about ET and Selective Farming, you are not a factor of it.

I was criticizing ET and Selective Farming. Unless you somehow think that you're the representative of farming in the Eternal Tower I do not see why you're affected by me saying selective farming is a better option than ET.

When you say you would've said it to anybody, that means you wouldn't have posted the comparison had nobody mentioned ET, because it would've been a reply to x player.

So the only reason the comparison was added, was because you wanted to say that your suggestion was better than x players suggestion.

x player happened to be me, and thus your first post stated that your suggestion, was better than my (x player's) suggestion.

I'm still not seeing how you can put a positive spin on this. I'm honestly getting bored and you still seem annoyed. I'm actually pretty relaxed about the situation now. I'd like to go to bed now if you don't mind, and you'd like to stop arguing. It seems we aren't discussing anything, as has been the case for the passed 4 pages. We'll obviously never agree because it comes down to you thinking I'm taking it too hard, and me thinking you over stepped your bounds. Seeing as we are both stubborn, I doubt our opinions are going to change anytime soon.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Probably, the reason I thought about it was because someone mentioned the ET.

If no one mentioned the ET I wouldn't have given it thought. I made the comparison because someone mentioned the ET and I thought "Is it really better?"

Maybe after a while even if no one posted about the ET, I'd have read about the ET before seeing this topic again and made the same comparison. I'd probably have worded it another way (seeing as I need to first introduce the ET)

These are ideas, and I'm sure as hell no one owns them, stop feeling some sort of personal connection to them.

You misunderstand.
    I'm not annoyed because of what you prefer, I'm annoyed because someone posted something contrary to what you believe, and then you felt the need to tell them your suggestion was better, when it wasn't necessary. Its not what you think, it's the fact that you're going to say someone else's suggestion isn't as good. You have no right to say x player's suggestion is worse than yours when you can't factually back it up. You should've said your piece and gone, and not involved anybody elses post. Get it? Just mind your own business. It had nothing to do with informing him. We discussed this already. Put whatever twist on it that you want. Its funny that your story continues to change. First it was because you wanted to compare suggestions, then it was because you wanted to inform him, and then it was because you were just wondering if ET was better or what you compared it to, and just happened to type your thoughts out in your first post. It's getting silly.

Hypothetical "maybe" situations mean nothing. That's just you speculating and has nothing to do with what would've happened. Throwing out possible scenarios doesn't mean you would've done it. It's just you saying, "oh well it could've happened so MAYBE it's not the reason."
    Last edited by Kirukia; Feb 21, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Ugh listen I'm getting tired of this.
    I think you were rude, and you fail to even attempt to see where I'm coming from.
    This argument has no content, it's just an accusation war.
    We've been arguing for hours and frankly I'm so tired I could really care less.
    I'm pretty much done with this thread. There isn't anything else to talk about.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Again stop feeling a personal connection to your suggestion.

It is not unique. It is one of two. There are no other ways to farm Slicers in this game. Either you do it in the ET or selectively farm outside.

You do not even own the suggestion. It was never yours to begin with. You just gave the option and somehow thought it belonged to you. Anyone who looks at the drop tables on this site would arrive with the same two answers.

How is my story changing? Wondering which is better is where the comparison comes from, posting what my conclusion and the data I used to make it is informing the reader.

It's a simply train of thought, you're clearly refusing to grasp this because you're so set on the idea that I am out to prove someone wrong. Give it up, you're still clearly paranoid because you're attached to a suggestion. One out of two suggestions that anyone could have given. It wasn't even necessary for anyone to have posted in this topic. If this topic went unanswered and the user kept on bumping it I eventually would have given both and compared them on my own.

If I had logged on earlier and thought of both answers then given them and compared them right after then none of this would have happened. The two "suggestions" being compared would be "mine" And I still would have worded the post the same way. IF this happened then no one's going to whine that I didn't sugar coat my comparison. Or go around making paranoid theories that someone on the internet is after them. But too bad, I logged on late, so blame yourself for posting in this topic before I could make the comparison on my own.
    Last edited by RRyuugu; Feb 21, 2010 at 07:12 AM.