Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I agree with Levi on this. The Olympics are only about equality for athletes. Beyond that is all about corporate sponsorship. You could have just bought normal scarves, I`m sure your friend would have been just as happy. That would have actually been better; Olympic ware makes you look like a tool.

The "normal" scarves as you put it would be the Coca-Cola ones from the US store. When she was picking what she liked, we didn't even realize that we were looking at different stores. It automatically re-routed her to the international store when I linked her.

I'm not sure what you mean by it makes me look like a tool though. The scarves from the US store would still be olympic themed too. Coincidently, the coca-cola ones don't look nearly as nice as the believe scarf. Compare them for yourself and see.

For the african countries, that seems a little strange but I didn't find anything in the shipping policy about limits to Africa. Their web system doesn't seem to be the best though, so that might be a case where you'd want to order over the phone. They might be able to ship it that way if you're in an african country that isn't listed. It's hard to list every country in the world on a drop down box. I'm happy to check on it though. What items are the ones in question? I'll check on it.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Feb 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

It is nice to see that you went through so much to fulfill the promise you made to your friend.
    You are a good person.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    The "normal" scarves as you put it would be the Coca-Cola ones from the US store. When she was picking what she liked, we didn't even realize that we were looking at different stores. It automatically re-routed her to the international store when I linked her.

I'm not sure what you mean by it makes me look like a tool though. The scarves from the US store would still be olympic themed too. Coincidently, the coca-cola ones don't look nearly as nice as the believe scarf. Compare them for yourself and see.

For the african countries, that seems a little strange but I didn't find anything in the shipping policy about limits to Africa. Their web system doesn't seem to be the best though, so that might be a case where you'd want to order over the phone. They might be able to ship it that way if you're in an african country that isn't listed. It's hard to list every country in the world on a drop down box. I'm happy to check on it though. What items are the ones in question? I'll check on it.
    There was a glass mug, a key chain, and a mousepad.
    Though when I checked on a few other things, like a scarf, there was shipping to Uganda.

It's no big deal, I'm not from Uganda or anything. I was just saying the US isn't the only place that has certain limits.
    Its been like this since online shopping was around.
    Available some places, and not others on many items.

I meant a normal scarf as in one that has nothing to do with the olympics. As soon as the games end, the ware isn't cool anymore. Effectively it's just a big waste of money since you're paying a hug mark up for something that doesn't last very long.

I promised her well before the games began that I'd get her an olympic souvenier. Going to a local store and buying a random scarf and telling her that the olympic souvenier I promised her is a waste of money would have been very dishonest of me.

The price of the items isn't an issue to me. I knew there would be a markup on the items, and I am okay with that. The cost is worth it for me to be able to share a small part of the Olympic spirit with her.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Feb 23, 2010 at 12:38 AM.

Last year, well before the games began, I promised my Japanese friend that I would get an olympic souvenier for her.
    Sorry, I missed this sentence. So basically the websites were different and you had to just through a lot of hoops to emulate a visa card in order to purchase it. What kind of relationship is this "friend" that you would go through so much trouble for?

What kind of woman would I be if I didn't keep my word? Nothing is more important to me than my integrity.

I don't think the problem was that there wasn't shipping to the US from other countires, it was that the US wouldn't allow you to purchase from the international store, because they wanted you to buy their products in the US store.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

What kind of woman would I be if I didn't keep my word? Nothing is more important to me than my integrity.
    OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooahhhhhhhhhh. That makes a lot of sense (i thought you were a guy). The sorry for being such an idiot on your topic.