Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koji1m1 View Post
    i'll say it like this if this makes any clearer, Old School: games from 8-bit to 16-bit era.

New School: Today and the year after.
    So then what do you call games made from '94 until now?

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

http://www.last.fm/music/Souls+of+Mi...27til+Infinity'

And uh the current consoles were from 2006 ish launch, no?

But then read someone in the lounge call Xbox PSU, back in the day... yes last gen game PS2 architecture

Xbox 360 also broken since how long, Gold may have run out, could bum brother's by using my Hard Drive, or buy the Arcade with extra $100 easy return warranty like amtalx talked about before. Forgoing all call center (hey you should use our site - site's not working okay $130 with short warranty and risk of sending back) foibles.

Killer 7 Gamecube on the way
    Lost my Phantom Dust Xbox somewhere, $3 new disc to get some of that in before April Xbox 1 game server closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post

EDIT: @ Volcompat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFexZPhI2Fc
    So apparently this is all gameplay footage...if this trailer doesn't convince you to pick up Conviction than I don't think anything will. Looks absolutely amazing...and it BETTER be worth it for all the DELAYS we've been tolerating. I at least want an Xbox live demo to tide me over...
    I didn't see your edit before.

God that looked awesome.
    Glad I've already made plans to use my friends Xbox!
    I haven't heard anything about online play...there will be online play, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    So then what do you call games made from '94 until now?
    Thats tenchinally still old school, As for now, That should be obvious.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post

God that looked awesome.
    Ubisoft released a video yesterday that multiplayer will be a very big part of the package. Co-op is pretty significant too. It's shipping with an entire prequel campaign that is co-op only. If this game turns out to be as good at is looks, I'm going to have to put it right next to ME2 for GOTY contenders. This is definitely the most front-loaded year for gaming in a long time.

Thats tenchinally still old school, As for now, That should be obvious.
    Should be obvious, but that's not actually what you said, which is why I was hoping you would correct yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post

God that looked awesome.
    Yeah, there's a story based co-op mode and "Deniable Ops" which is made up of four different multiplayer variants - some cooperative, some competitive. All of that stuff is both online and split-screen.

On-topic: I'm glad I remembered this topic because I actually just bought a Japanese N64 game called Sin & Punishment on the Wii VC (since I only use my Wii for that and Gamecube games), and beat the entire thing from start to finish last night. It was one of the most amazing games I've played in my life, even today, even coming from someone who's built up a fairly extensive library of current and previous-gen games. I'm sure many of you have heard of it, it was made by Treasure, of Gunstar Heroes fame

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Should be obvious, but that's not actually what you said, which is why I was hoping you would correct yourself.
    Because theres no need to explain things people already know.

But, if you insist,1994 didn't have many 3D games unless you want to count some of the jaguar games, some Pc games(which is not the topic) and Star fox. New School= 32-bit era which i guese were still in but i haven't kept track due to how far we came in technology.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On-topic: I'm glad I remembered this topic because I actually just bought a Japanese N64 game called Sin & Punishment on the Wii VC (since I only use my Wii for that and Gamecube games), and beat the entire thing from start to finish last night. It was one of the most amazing games I've played in my life, even today, even coming from someone who's built up a fairly extensive library of current and previous-gen games. I'm sure many of you have heard of it, it was made by Treasure, of Gunstar Heroes fame
    I need to go do that too.

Came across Amazon already taking preorders for a mysterious Sin and Punishment 2, 2011 release.

Lets go Treasure!

Yeah, there's a story based co-op mode and "Deniable Ops" which is made up of four different multiplayer variants - some cooperative, some competitive. All of that stuff is both online and split-screen.

Yeah, Sin & Punishment is a great game. Pretty hard, though.

I'm looking forward to giving the sequel a shot, if only to try out the pointer controls. I imagine it'll help take a bit of the edge off.

Because theres no need to explain things people already know.

But, if you insist,1994 didn't have many 3D games unless you want to count some of the jaguar games, some Pc games(which is not the topic) and Star fox. New School= 32-bit era which i guese were still in but i haven't kept track due to how far we came in technology.
    What? 1994 is when the Saturn and the Playstation were released. I think it's a year worth keeping in mind.