Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Also, the game uses the Wii Speak microphone, which would be nice if I actually had one.

(Then again, the new Endless Ocean is bundled with the microphone for $30, the same cost as the device on it's own. The game's gotten good reviews, too. Hmm.)

Awesome, they've announced that there will be no online fees. The demo release and 500 wii points are also fantastic news. I'm definitely pre-ordering.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Freedom Unite PSP demo was okay, but a bit tough on the hands, didn't get into that one.

Might consider this, with new controller that is more ergonomic - and for several other Wii titles/Virtual Console games.

Desync via non-wired Internet standard hopefully is better than your fave PSO desyncs (Damage cancel in Cmode, stop that pea shooter, Ranger) and now handheld ones.
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Feb 26, 2010 at 01:56 AM.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Sounds cool, but Nintendo online limitations worries me. I've played a bunch of games on it, a few of them "hardcore" for a while, but after some time it gets really annoying needing to use sites to meet new people in order to use voice or text chat...not to mention the friend code system. Don't get me wrong, I've been a Nintendo fan my whole life but I can't stand this system they have in place. I guess Capcom understands this from what I've read.

The game looks beautiful and seems like a fun time if you got a couple of buddies to play it often with.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Really looking forward to Monster Hunter Tri.

I've never tried any of the MH series, but I keep hearing it's good. But, I have a question for anyone who HAS:

HOW are they able to have no fee?

Does the game just never update? Is it loaded with hax? Is everything unlocked from the beginning always and they just basically say 'buy this!' and then turn everybody loose on ALL the content? (and then you get 0 new things till they pub another game) Does it break down a lot/like PSU did?

I'm really curious about how they intend to pull off a large online game without a fee or a cash shop or w/e. I know DCPSO did it, but that was a hive of corruption in about 3 weeks, and it stayed that way its whole life.

I saw the trailer for this on wii channel and it looks well made/fun/interesting/worth it etc. but this has me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    I've never tried any of the MH series, but I keep hearing it's good. But, I have a question for anyone who HAS:

HOW are they able to have no fee?

Does the game just never update? Is it loaded with hax? Is everything unlocked from the beginning always and they just basically say 'buy this!' and then turn everybody loose on ALL the content? (and then you get 0 new things till they pub another game) Does it break down a lot/like PSU did?

I'm really curious about how they intend to pull off a large online game without a fee or a cash shop or w/e. I know DCPSO did it, but that was a hive of corruption in about 3 weeks, and it stayed that way its whole life.

I saw the trailer for this on wii channel and it looks well made/fun/interesting/worth it etc. but this has me curious.
    Monster Hunter has always been one of the best selling PSP games.
    There's no need to update the game, everything is with the disc (at least it is in older MH games).
    PSP is more hacked than the Wii one, which I assume people could hack.
    Though if you play with your friends, you can control who you play with and whatnot.
    You have to progressively play to make everything, but everything is available from the beginning of the game.
    You have to play to get the good stuff.
    No need for Cash Shop, because everything is in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    Sounds cool, but Nintendo online limitations worries me. I've played a bunch of games on it, a few of them "hardcore" for a while, but after some time it gets really annoying needing to use sites to meet new people in order to use voice or text chat...not to mention the friend code system. Don't get me wrong, I've been a Nintendo fan my whole life but I can't stand this system they have in place. I guess Capcom understands this from what I've read.

The game looks beautiful and seems like a fun time if you got a couple of buddies to play it often with.
    Capcom is bypassing that. You'll have like a MH ID/name that can be added to a friends list, which is much much shorter then a friend code.

Game is gonna use Wii Speak and any compatible USB Keyboard.

edit: hurr me am canut reed ha. ha. ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Capcom is bypassing that. You'll have like a MH ID/name that can be added to a friends list, which is much much shorter then a friend code.

Wii Speak only, or a USB Headset as well?
    I'm guessing Wii Speak only, but I'm hopeful.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post

edit: hurr me am canut reed ha. ha. ha.
    That's awesome. I guess I'll have to dust off my copy of Monster Hunter Freedom before it comes out and get back into the groove. This sounds like a great step forward for Wii.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!