Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Nintendo GC PSO?

I was reading on the internet that you are able to hook up your Gamecube to the private servers. So, am I able to connect to blue burst players on my gamecube version?

And am I able to play online quests on the Gamecube version? like TTF and others?
    Last edited by GULD&MILLA; Feb 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM.

You'll be able to see Blue Burst players in the lobby but you won't be able to play games with them.

Yes you can play online quests.

Thank you! So that means I'm able to play with other gamecube people online? Liuke worldwide?

Quote Originally Posted by GULD&MILLA View Post
    Thank you! So that means I'm able to play with other gamecube people online? Liuke worldwide?
    Probably not from around the world. Private servers usually consist of multiple people in one region. There could be a few foreigners, just not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty79 View Post
    Probably not from around the world. Private servers usually consist of multiple people in one region. There could be a few foreigners, just not many.
    Nope, false.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GULD&MILLA View Post
    Depends on who's actually on, to be honest. Though I would assume it'd only be for the NTSC (I think that's the abbreviation) Gamecubes.

If Splash wouldn't mind clarifying a bit, that'd be great. Sorry this was kind of a rushed answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Nope, false.
    How am I false? If someone from a different country wants to play, he/she would want to join a private server with their language. Maybe it depends on the version you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty79 View Post
    How am I false? If someone from a different country wants to play, he/she would want to join a private server with their language. Maybe it depends on the version you have?
    No. If your claim was true, then the current "main" one would not be populated and there wouldn't be people speaking other languages. That's obviously false if you ever have been online.

To make it short, any country could play on the server, provided they have the correct client which leads to it. Therefore, people from other countries could play on the server. The downside is time zones, in which if you do want to play with other people from other countries, you have to be on for when they actually could get on. Otherwise you won't be able to find them.

This applies to all supported versions of PSO for the server: DC/PC, GC, BB. Though GC can't play with BB people, you could still interact with people from other versions in the lobby.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    Depends on who's actually on, to be honest. Though I would assume it'd only be for the NTSC (I think that's the abbreviation) Gamecubes.
    A PAL (European) GC supports 60hrz therefore you don't just need an NTSC GC to play. Back in the day there was an official server only in 50hrz so therefore ONLY European gamers with PAL GCs could play on there. That was got rid of by Sega in 2004 or 05 I think.
    Click On Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    No. If your claim was true, then the current "main" one would not be populated and there wouldn't be people speaking other languages. That's obviously false if you ever have been online.

To make it short, any country could play on the server, provided they have the correct client which leads to it. Therefore, people from other countries could play on the server. The downside is time zones, in which if you do want to play with other people from other countries, you have to be on for when they actually could get on. Otherwise you won't be able to find them.

This applies to all supported versions of PSO for the server: DC/PC, GC, BB. Though GC can't play with BB people, you could still interact with people from other versions in the lobby.
    Ok. Thanks for clarifying.