PSO Assassin

I was browsing a well known gray PS2 news site and saw a article which describes a code decrypter/converter for PS2, which allow players to use even raw codes (this is the worst part, as raw codes are explicit memory addresses for the given machine) for any cheat device in existense on the PS2 universe. Well ... What this have to do with Game Cube and PSO ? Wonder if the PS2 GS encryption is the same as the PS2 one... And even if not, they can make a similar program for GC Action Replay and then ... Well ... that's it ... Bad news indeed.

The way the PS2 and Gamecube and Xbox are built and coded, are all different though, so they cant just use the same code. They would have to start from scratch.

Also, they would need to make their own disc, which means either getting Nintendo to make the discs, which wont happen, or be like Datel and produce their own.

PSO Assassin

I was talking about the code encryption, not the codes itself ... well You are pretty right on what you said anyway ...

I don't wont to jinx the GC version, but as long as what's his name is still around at GSCCC, PSO GC will not have ONLY dupers for long. So.......
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

A. Datel are the only ones who can make AR GC codes. The GC doesn't actually give out any RAM addresses through any serial ports, so that's any homebrew coders out.

B. The encryption is different for each of Datel's devices.

C. It took Datel over a year to come out with their own code device. Seeing as Pelican are making the Gameshark technology for Mad Catz who are distributing it, and neither of them can make decent video cables let alone a RAM modifier, I don't think we'll be seeing anything of them for a while.

On 2003-03-03 06:06, Silhouette wrote:
    I don't wont to jinx the GC version, but as long as what's his name is still around at GSCCC, PSO GC will not have ONLY dupers for long. So.......
    1. Barubary isn't going to be releasing codes for GC pso

2. CMGSCCC aren't going to be making codes for PSO or any other online game because they would be sued for breaking the TOS.