Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question How to Start playing on the JP PSU servers?

Hey Guys please excuse my ignorance but I'm an American that wants to know how to get on the JP PC PSU servers. If someone could explain in detail on how to go about this, I would appreciate it. Another question is, I don't know how to read Japanese, so is it hard to play the JP server if you can't read Japanese?

There are guides on psupedia on how to join. The only thing hard is conversing with other players that only speak Japanese when you do not know how to. You are limited to common phrases and simple sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by HEETHER View Post
    Hey Guys please excuse my ignorance but I'm an American
    That's okay
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Well do you think its worth dealing with the limited communication and all the other things that might come up just so i don't have to deal with the American servers and its lack of updates and bad community?

Quote Originally Posted by HEETHER View Post
    Well do you think its worth dealing with the limited communication and all the other things that might come up just so i don't have to deal with the American servers and its lack of updates and bad community?
    While somewhat small, our importer community here on JP is quite accommodating and active. The updates are awesome (except maybe the 7-8 hour maintenance lol) and I am still thoroughly enjoying the "new" content (supp update basically. There is a lot to explore with this.)

Sweet i think i might give it a try. Now dose anyone know where i can find a JP copy of PSU: AOTI for my pc or where to find a product key

I hope you do realize you'll need to know some Japanese, mainly Katakana (which is easy to learn btw).

Also, basic phrases will help. You can't go around speaking English to everyone, for some get angry.

If you don't feel like doing this, then JP PSU is not for you.

If you are still interested, then what platform are you asking about? If its the PS2 JP, I would just recommend you passing on it, for ST is starting to cut its support for PS2. As for the PC version, I would just follow the guide on PSUpedia ( http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server )

note: it might take a whole day downloading the files, and a couple hours to make an account and set it up properly. Just be patient.

Find a new game or move on. When you find yourself jumping through hoops that weren't designed for you just to play this then it's time to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    I hope you do realize you'll need to know some Japanese, mainly Katakana (which is easy to learn btw).

Also, basic phrases will help. You can't go around speaking English to everyone, for some get angry.

If you don't feel like doing this, then JP PSU is not for you.

If you are still interested, then what platform are you asking about? If its the PS2 JP, I would just recommend you passing on it, for ST is starting to cut its support for PS2. As for the PC version, I would just follow the guide on PSUpedia ( http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server )

note: it might take a whole day downloading the files, and a couple hours to make an account and set it up properly. Just be patient.
    I don't know how easy it will be to learn Katakana because I don't even know how to start, but I love Phantasy Star Universe and I would like to play with regular updates and if that mean learning some Katakana then I guess I'm going to have to learn.

www.realkana.com is how i learned my hiragana and katakana.

great site to practice on.