Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Boxblaster2 View Post
    Portal on Steam is currently a grand total of FREE until the 24th.
    Holy fuckballs.

It is indeed "free until the 24th," but what that really means is you can download the full game and play for free until the 24th, at which point it will cease to be free and you'll have to pay to keep it. Still, though, pretty damn kick ass. I downloaded it about an hour ago.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Torchlight is $9.99 on Steam too. Much as I hate the program, I couldn't pass this up. Game is AMAZING!
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfCoffee View Post
    It is indeed "free until the 24th," but what that really means is you can download the full game and play for free until the 24th, at which point it will cease to be free and you'll have to pay to keep it. Still, though, pretty damn kick ass. I downloaded it about an hour ago.
    Not according to every source I've heard from, including Valve.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...1265319&page=3

It's the real deal. Yours to keep.
    This is my NEW signature. Complete with shameless self-promotion!

Yeah, I thought it was one of their "free for the weekend" type deals. This is a really awesome way to launch Steam for Mac, which is amazing. I never thought I'd see the day that Steam would come to Mac.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Oh man, that rules! Thanks for the heads up. I must've been confused by their wording on the screen where you could download it and it made mention of something like, "You only have a few days to decide whether or not Portal is worth the price we're currently charging." Valve silliness.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Portal for free still isn't really worth it. I got it for free with my new Alienware last month and found the game to be a very poorly designed game. It's a puzzle game with shooter elements. Always wanted to try it but now I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Man, you must be playing video games straight from Heaven to think that Portal is poorly done. It's one of the most interesting, engaging puzzle games I've ever played, and the production quality and attention to small, quirky details is amazing. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a user-friendly level editor.

Here's a new one guys, taken from the front page:
    http://www.pso-world.com/news/02271-...deals-gamestop

Gamestop is running another big sale and this time, they're showing Phantasy Star fans a little love. For a limited time, you can pick up a new copy of Phantasy Star Portable for $19.99 (limit one per customer). Used copies are available even cheaper at $14.99. In addition, they are offering 25% to 50% off on a number of other titles for the first 1,000 customers.

The deal doesn't stop there, though, as there are some coupons floating around that can help you save even more. Some of these will stack, so see how good of a deal you can come up with. Here's a list of coupon codes (and if you have an edge card, don't forget to use that for an additional 10% off as well):
    • 25DEAL - 25% off orders of $100 or more
    • 25PRE - 25% off all in-stock pre-owned games
    • SAVER - Free shipping on orders over $25

The sale is available for a very limited time and ends on 5/13 at 11:00am CST. If you've been looking for an opportunity to pick up PSP for cheap (and perhaps some other games too), this might be your chance!

Gamestop - 25% - 50% off Select Titles!

Also... awesome deal on Portal! You can't beat free. I grabbed a copy, even though I already have Orange Box for my 360

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was one of their "free for the weekend" type deals. This is a really awesome way to launch Steam for Mac, which is amazing. I never thought I'd see the day that Steam would come to Mac.
    Fffffuuuu, that Mac + iPod sale can't get here fast enough.

I think I can get it on the PC now, and then transfer it out later.