Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default acrofighter range mags

I recently started an acrofighter and wondered if anyone had any suggestions as far as range mags go. I have one regular preta and one darkness preta as well as 3 or 4 sonichis. I like the sonichis because of the knock down effect but haven't had a chance to try out anything else. How are they in comparison to the 9 star regular range mags. What do most people prefer? I just wanna get a feel for what everyone else thinks before I drop any cash on new ones.

for damage stick to A ranks, kubara ones do status down for the elements that have it (red, blue, yellow) and the GRM ones do a butt load of damage as well as the status effects that go with them (freeze burn poison) they shoot in blasts of 4 or 5 depending on * rank, kubara grm's shoot like red soniti (mini shotty) and yellow soniti shoots laser (both soniti do knock down and debuff of their element)

you will also want a tech charge (head slot) of the highest grade you can get, as you dont cast techs it doesnt matter that it slows them down.... but you get a boost to the mags power (since they run off tech)

the S ranks (grm) fire a reasonably fast laser, that does the better status (stun!!!!) i prerfer those only when i know there are lines of enemies the laser can penetrate otherwise stick to the graldikes.

remember though the B rank kubara mags actually do some damage too, so its easier to make those (and cheaper) to a higher %, and they are really best for debuff with dmg on the side so the damage isnt really a issue.

in can get more stable damage from my mags than i can with maxxed out slicer PA's on 36%+ shura's. but i prefer daggers anyway lol
    Last edited by darthplagis; Apr 9, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Sonichi are okay if you NEED the debuff/knockdown, otherwise just go 9* GRM for maximum damage at close range/single target and 10-11* GRM paired with slicers for linear damage.

I rarely use my sonichi/preta/darkness preta, they are kinda like spares for me.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Ahh gotcha. Thank you both for the input. Yeah I had tried the S rank GRM models as a Guntecher when the weapon type was first introduced and never touched them again after that. I have money to spend but didn't want to bother with the A-rank ones if most people thought the kubara or S-rank options were better since I had a few of them lying around in storage. Now I know. I checked the prices on high % graldikes and I think I will take my chances trying to make a few myself. I splurged and bought a 10/10 fire soniti for like 5 mill though.

if and when we get the supplimental update, tenora mags are gonna be crazy, fast shooting shotguns on our shoulders gotta love shag's.

yeah making them is the way to go, just make sure you have loads of vulcaline.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I always loved my Ground Elsral. Has a good stun rate.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Whelp, after reading this looks like I wasted money on a MAG, thank god I bought it just to test them out since I never used one before, so i just bought a 0/10.

So get GRM if you're gonna pair it with sabers and anything else for slicers? Well I rather have a handgun with my slicer anyways.

DONT DO IT! with slicers use an A rank GRM or kubara (dependant on status effect), while you jump around like a madman with the slicer the mag sits there targeting the closest enemies and 'pew pew's away. often for the same damage as a standard slicer attack but 4 or 5 shots in a burst.

remember humans have the best time as an acrofighter, they are quite strong with melee and the tech damge is insane with a tech charge, newmans do more with mags but cant steal candy from a baby in melee

lol, just seems more money to spend that I don't have to me.

Maybe if I had money already I'd do it, but I have these handguns from a long time ago, just gonna use them until i get meseta.

as a quick fix, head upto the dallgun plaza and buy some B rank kubara boards (rogadukuc) yes they are B ranks but they do serious damage with a few grinds on them...... B ranks and a+8's 6/10 easy.

even the shop bought 5*+ ones will do really, again 4 grinds is enough 6 is sweetness