Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Question AR Codes - Limits of Use

I recently acquired the ability to write Action Replay Codes and I was wondering how much I could get away with.

I have some various topics of ARC codes and my opinions. I'd also like to hear from the community what they think.

Changing your character's appearance.
    I think this is perfectly fine, no one is against joining an online game where one of their teammates is Sarisa right?

Creating gear that can be possible.
    I think that this is also alright, seeing as if you're getting gear that is possible then there's no real advantage over other players if they can also acquire this gear.

Creating impossible gear.
    I think that this is a matter for debate, but I'm leaning towards its going a bit far.

Using unlimited health, PP or Photon Blast charge.
    Definitely too far.

Well I think that pretty much covers it, anything else including making your character stronger than was ever possible is wrong, but I think everything else is okay! Lemme know what you think.

Also, don't get mad at me!
    Last edited by fingyer; May 23, 2010 at 05:00 AM.

The forums people are going to say no, but I say you go for a shot and experiment.

Just don't play online with hacked items
    Dobbin: 88 HUmar
    Deco: 96 FOnewm (Main)
    Dopples: 60 RAcaseal

Friend to the Code: 2021 0174 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post
    The forums people are going to say no, but I say you go for a shot and experiment.

Just don't play online with hacked items
    Thanks for the nice, honest reply. I'll be sure to only use legit things online!

Just knowing you have an AR, I'd stay out of games with you.
    Sorry, but I prefer playing legit games. Knowing I played with an AR user, would make me want to delete my character, due to the non-legit advantage AR users give.

Altering looks of the character, creating items, etc. is all cheating and shouldn't be done in any online game.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciarius View Post
    Just knowing you have an AR, I'd stay out of games with you.
    Sorry, but I prefer playing legit games. Knowing I played with an AR user, would make me want to delete my character, due to the non-legit advantage AR users give.

Altering looks of the character, creating items, etc. is all cheating and shouldn't be done in any online game.
    Fair point. But I don't think you could call changing the looks of your character cheating, seeing as it doesn't give you an unfair advantage over any other player. Everything else, I suppose you could call cheating.

If the game doesn't come with the option by default, then it's cheating.

Playing as Sarisa or any other NPC, is not an option in the game, without a cheat device such as AR.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

If the game doesn't come with the option by default, then it's cheating.

Playing as Sarisa or any other NPC, is not an option in the game, without a cheat device such as AR.
    Is it just me or do you also hate people who have a better point than you?

Better point? You admitted to having a cheat device and asked about cheating in PSZ. It's heavily frowned upon here. If you want to play with other PSZ cheaters, go to GameFAQs.

Cheating is cheating, no matter what it is you do/say, while you use your AR.

I just hope you also know that ARs are known for corrupting games.

Better point? You admitted to having a cheat device and asked about cheating in PSZ. It's heavily frowned upon here. If you want to play with other PSZ cheaters, go to GameFAQs.

Cheating is cheating, no matter what it is you do/say, while you use your AR.

I just hope you also know that ARs are known for corrupting games.
    Did you misunderstand me? I meant that you had a better point than me.

Sorry about the whole cheating thing, it's not like I'm going to cheat online, I'll only play legit online.
    Last edited by fingyer; Apr 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Adding something >.>

Default My 2 cents

If you're never going to play online and never going to do any trading (i.e. you don't have WiFi at all), hey, whatever makes you happy. However, if you ARE going to play online or trade at any point, please DON'T.

I'll say right now that the gunblade glitch doesn't bother me. I choose not to use it myself, but that is a choice, as it is for every person who owns the game when they become aware of it. It is internal to the game's software, every person who owns a copy of the game could use it if they wanted to. In my opinion at least, it's cheap, yes, but not cheating.

Use of an AR or any other form of external hack is another matter. This is an alteration beyond the normal function of the software, and not everyone who owns the game has an AR. It is no longer a level playing field. Use of a cheat device is, by definition, cheating, whether or not you personally consider the specific cheat to be "harmless".

I've heard horror stories of people whose games were badly messed up because of other people's hacks. While I don't know for certain how accurate these stories are, I have NO desire to find out firsthand. I have yet to see someone I play with online show up as Kai or Sarisa, but if I did, I would leave that party immediately, and never play with that person again. Ditto if it became blatantly obvious they were using hacked items or things like invincibilty codes. It's just not worth the risk of losing all the time and effort I've put into this game.
    Last edited by Nick O'Demus; Apr 15, 2010 at 01:05 AM.
    F.C. #1 - 0346-1712-9688
    F.C. #2 - 3953-9438-3932

Time Zone - U.S. Central

Trade List - http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175354