Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 253233343536 LastLast
    "Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    jill.
    She is waaaaaay down their in the tier lists.

Well, there were definitely some characters who probably weren't taken seriously like Servebot and roll...but as far as saying someone like sentinel is better than...say omega red, then not really.
    It really depended on your skill. If you youtube some of the top players, you will see people exploiting mostly everyone doing infinity combos and such. I think it's more that people chose cable, sentinel,jill,storm,etc so much that the other characters just didnt seem like they mattered. Or I could just be speculating too much.
    You obviously know NOTHING about high lvl Marvel 2 play. I wont go into too much detail (you wont understand), but that guy who said 10 characters mattered only wa sbeing nice xD

Out of all those characters only like 6 were actually "playble" at high lvl play.

Sure most characters have infinites that's very true. But just because a character has an infinite doesnt mean he's a great or top tier character. If that's what you're going by then you're dead wrong. Seeing as the top tier chars have infinites aswell which are far easier to set up at that. Not only that but they are far better as a whole. Higher stamina (hit points) faster, better mix-ups and resets, deal far greater damage, safe moves on block ect ect ect.

Anyone who's into competitive fighting games knows this.

Sure you can STILL have fun and enjoy Marvel 2 with your friends, but if you wanna beat GOOD players )especially if they are using a top tier team) then you're just not gonna do it with Ken, Ryu and Guile. It's that simple.

Marvel 3 may have less characters, but at this point in time, 90% of those characters seem great and they can all compete and be strong at high lvl play assuming you know what you're doing with them.

You're not pro unless you main MODOK

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    You obviously know EVERYTHING about high lvl Marvel 2 play. I wont go into too much detail (I wont understand), but that guy who said 10 characters mattered only wa sbeing nice xD

Out of all those characters only like 6 were actually "playble" at high lvl play.
    Fixed.

Trust me when I say I've played this game a lot. I'm damn good at it and I can use my team which consists of Charlie,Sentinel, and Colossus and wreak havoc. Yes I've even beaten those good players who pick storm,sentinel, and magneto and try and get you in one endless combo. I agree with the part I was wrong about a few characters being better than others, like sentinel for instance....but there are way more than 6 good players. Shall I name some? Well just to be a nerd, I will.

Common characters you see in tournaments:

Sentinel
    Cable
    Storm
    Magneto
    Guile
    Captain Commando
    Cyclops
    Blackheart

And I know there are more, but those were just the ones Ive seen used the most. Of course I frequently see Dr doom and even Colossus oddly as well (his 6 hit into his super move hurts like hell).
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Fixed.

Trust me when I say I've played this game a lot. I'm damn good at it and I can use my team which consists of Charlie,Sentinel, and Colossus and wreak havoc. Yes I've even beaten those good players who pick storm,sentinel, and magneto and try and get you in one endless combo. I agree with the part I was wrong about a few characters being better than others, like sentinel for instance....but there are way more than 6 good players. Shall I name some? Well just to be a nerd, I will.

Common characters you see in tournaments:

Sentinel
    Cable
    Storm
    Magneto
    Guile
    Captain Commando
    Cyclops
    Blackheart

And I know there are more, but those were just the ones Ive seen used the most. Of course I frequently see Dr doom and even Colossus oddly as well (his 6 hit into his super move hurts like hell).
    Again, you must be fighting nothing but scrubs if that how you think. Ive seen many tourny's (been to a couple of EVO's myself which is the biggest fighting game tourny anywhere) and not ONCE have I seen a team that had Guile or BlackHeart make top 8 or even top 16. Are there players who use such chars? I'm sure there are, do they make it far in true high lvl play? Nope.

No matter how good you think you are (you can be an expert at such chars) you're still not gonna win any major tourney's with such a team.

Don't confuse hanging out in the living room with your group of friends and owning them all with your team vs true tourney high lvl play. Which is what i'm talking about.

The only tourny player who places top 8 in many Marvel 2 tourneys who actually uses a unique team is ClockWork mainly because of his Strider. The rest of the top players here in the US Only use a combination of the top 5 characters in the game.

When you start placing high at real tourney's with your unique team (It's very unique i'll give you that) then you can talk. As of now though, those chars are low tier (aside from Sentinel) and you're not gonna get anywhere aside from beating your friends in your living room.

Anyways, i'm done with you because you're very ignorant to this matter so I will end it here (go ahead and get a "last word" on me if you like, but I wont bother with it for obvious reasons) Any decent fighting game fan that follows the scene knows that Marvel 2 only had about 5-6 characters worthy of tournament play.

Trying to convince someone ignorant of this is like trying to convince someone that PC gaming has far superior graphics than consoles.

Pointless...xD

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered_weasel View Post
    Unless it is Guilty Gear.

Makes it sound like you haven't encountered Eddie.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Anyways, i'm done with you because you're very ignorant to this matter so I will end it here (go ahead and get a "last word" on me if you like, but I wont bother with it for obvious reasons) Any decent fighting game fan that follows the scene knows that Marvel 2 only had about 5-6 characters worthy of tournament play.

Trying to convince someone ignorant of this is like trying to convince someone that PC gaming has far superior graphics than consoles.

Pointless...xD
    Congratulations, he agreed with you, came over to your side and you didn't seem to notice he has the same information you do. Growing eager to show em you know more about watching something-- not actually playing. Do you have your own unique team, or do you play and ride the top tier teams too (or play at all, no evidence given)? Did you place top 16 at every EVO attended? Did you play for 10 years and follow when Blackheart was good or Iceman for a week, poor Iceman or did you use teams yourself to make them good and provide to the community strategies and finding out about a character? You're giving him 12 ways to Sunday just to "win" an internet argument that has nothing to do anymore with someone wanting more characters in a completely different game.

Out of place example, ellipsis, small x big D, that's a top tier team.

Again, you must be fighting nothing but scrubs if that how you think. Ive seen many tourny's (been to a couple of EVO's myself which is the biggest fighting game tourny anywhere) and not ONCE have I seen a team that had Guile or BlackHeart make top 8 or even top 16. Are there players who use such chars? I'm sure there are, do they make it far in true high lvl play? Nope.

No matter how good you think you are (you can be an expert at such chars) you're still not gonna win any major tourney's with such a team.

Don't confuse hanging out in the living room with your group of friends and owning them all with your team vs true tourney high lvl play. Which is what i'm talking about.

The only tourny player who places top 8 in many Marvel 2 tourneys who actually uses a unique team is ClockWork mainly because of his Strider. The rest of the top players here in the US Only use a combination of the top 5 characters in the game.

When you start placing high at real tourney's with your unique team (It's very unique i'll give you that) then you can talk. As of now though, those chars are low tier (aside from Sentinel) and you're not gonna get anywhere aside from beating your friends in your living room.

Pointless...xD
    HAYABUSA pretty much summed up a good reply. I would just like to add I wasn't even arguing or being ignorant as you suggested, I was debating. I guess saying "damn" offended you? I also don't remember ever saying I beat my friends who were playing on my couch, most of my friends don't even play video games mind you besides the obvious Call of Duty and Halo. I directly said I've beaten people who play as magneto,sentinel,and storm who are hella good. You know those people who can infinity combo you one time and its all over. Yes them. And I've done it with my listed team. Is my team weaker than them? I don't think so because I too can infinity combo them as well. Sooooo ummmmm.......have a nice day I guess.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Icespike View Post
    Makes it sound like you haven't encountered Eddie.
    As long as you aren't playing Johnny you should do fine...ish.

Nah, that's an understatement, there were a handful of interesting characters. And mostly all played differently. I can't say anyone in particular was good because that would be my own opinion, but with 56 characters, at least you had a lot of choices.
    By choice you mean copies and worthless characters then yes, if you wanted to win you only had those 10.