Page 1 of 89 12341151 ... LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Trek (The Journey Begins at Post #170)

Yep, from the random thoughts that pop into my head and random conversations on the Forces of Nature thread, comes a parody combo of Star Trek and Phantasy Star (your choice of what goes here: Online, Universe, Zero, a roman numeral between I and IV, etc.). There are three ships in the fleet. They belong to myself, NeonaPulsar, and Sir Topps. Captains, you get to name and list the specs for your ship. Everyone else, you can sign on to a ship of your choice, either in one of several major positions or as just a crew member in whatever department. I'll update this post with the data as necessary. Oh, and we'll be using characters from PS games. Keep it to only one char per person. Also, myself, Neona, and Topps will be the fleet commanders, in that order.

The ships:

Name: Olympus

Captain: Seth Astra (PSO style HUmar)

Class: Battleship

Primary weaponry: High-energy photonic vulcan guns capable of both anti-fighter and anti-ship combat with high rate of fire.

Secondary weaponry: Cluster missiles: Anti-ship weapons that burst into about 20 homing rounds that seek the target's weak points and then collide, detonating the highly unstable plasma cores. Capable of multi-target attacks.

Special weapon: Electrostatic disruptor cannon: Fires a blast of condensed electrical energy in a destructive blast with roughly 1,000 times the power of a bolt of lightning. Both disrupts the electrical systems and inflicts damage to the target's shields/hull.

Defensive measures: Multi-frequency deflector shields, 10-inch thick heat-proof titanium steel.
    (more data may be added later)

Fighter Payload: 6 squadrons of 10 fighters each. Fighters are armed with the same photonic vulcan guns as the Olympus, and a small scale version of the cluster missiles (only 5 shot burst). The hanger contains a warp catapult capable of warping the fighters up to 1000 miles ahead.

Name: Novanic

Class: Destroyer (high speed ship)

Primary weapon system: Multi-angle, high-frequency particle burst lasers (think: shotgun)

Secondary weapon system: Shield disrupting Ion missiles.

Special weapon system: Pulsar cannon: absorbs light energy to fire a shield penetrating laser.

Defensive measures: 1/2 inch thick titanium steel plating, retractable micro-material cloaking shield (micro-materials can be used to bend light around an object, so by covering everything but the camera that feeds to the bridge in micro-materials you cannot be seen and any light based weapon systems (lasers) will pass straight through you.)

Fighter Payload: 4 fighters, retractable micro-material cloaking, low level particle burst lasers, Shield Caps; small missiles that can be fired between opposing forces or in front of your own ship, creating a temporary Shield Wall or dome, and each has a holder for a large order of french fries.

Name: Columbus (Out of commission)

Captain: SirTopps (Acting Captain: Donnikirk)

Primary weapon system: High-frequency heavy laser cannons

Secondary weapon system: High energy plasma missiles

Special weapon system: Hyper particle cannon

Defensive measures: Unknown as of yet.

Name: Phalanx

Class: Battleship

Captain: Donnikun (technically Topps, but he's never posted much)

Primary weapon system: Vulcan laser cannon (not many)

Secondary weapon system: Photon cluster missiles (only a few and none of that homing stuff that the Olympus has)

Special weapon system: Energy cyclone cannon. (absorbs all energy blasts within a certain radius of the ship, then fires all the energy back as one beam.*

Defensive measures: Multi-frequency deflector shields (many times more frequencies than the Olympus, and far more powerful), high power plasma barrier, 20 inches of heat proof titanium, kinetic energy shields (reduces phisical impact effects [e.g. missiles] and uses that energy to charge the ship's power core).

Crew Positions (departments can have as many members as want to join, all crew members marked as someone's "extra" can be replaced for their job, they'll just go somewhere else. Extras only exist to make the crew seem bigger.):

Olympus:

Bridge:
    Captain: Seth Astra (PSO style HUmar, also captain of the entire fleet)
    Ship's 1st officer: Cecina (PSO style HUnewearl, one of my extras)
    Chief Navigator:
    Navigation Dept.:

Weaponry:
    Chief Gunner: Omega-22 (PSO style HUcast, samurai helmet style head, my other extra)
    Gunner Dept:
    Chief Radar Operator:
    Radar Analysis Dept.:

Engineering:
    Chief Engineer:
    Engineering Dept.:
    Emergency Maintenance Dept.:

Sick Bay:
    Chief Doctor:
    Medical Dept.:
    First Aid Dept.:

Security
    Security Officer:
    Security Dept.:

Fighters:
    Squad leaders(up to 6):
    Piloting Dept.(please specify which squadron you want to be in):

Science:
    Research&Development Head:
    Research&Development Dept.:

Novonic:

Bridge:
    Commander: NeonaPulsar (PSO FOnewearl, 2nd in command of the entire fleet)
    Ship's 1st officer: NovaYoshi (King Yoshi, a HUcast who also serves as the ship's AI.)
    Chief Navigator: Kyrith_Ranger_PSO
    Navigation Dept.:

Weaponry:
    Chief Gunner: Darkwolf
    Gunner Dept:
    Chief Radar Operator:
    Radar Analysis Dept.: GUARDIANDNL

Engineering:
    Chief Engineer: Tank (PSZ HUcast, one of Neona's extras)
    Engineering Dept.:

Sick Bay:
    Chief Doctor: Lyra (PSZ HUnewearl, Neona's other extra)
    Medical Dept.:
    First Aid Dept.:

Security
    Security Officer:
    Security Dept.:

Fighters:
    Pilots(up to 4):
    Cass (Broken_L_Button, fighter captain of the Novanic.)

Columbus/Phalanx:

Bridge:
    Lieutenant: SirTopps (3rd in command of the entire fleet)
    Ship's 1st officer: Donnikirk (Donnikun)
    Chief Navigator:
    Navigation Dept.:

Weaponry:
    Chief Gunner: Kadoom (King Yoshi's extra)
    Gunner Dept:
    Chief Radar Operator:
    Radar Analysis Dept.:

Engineering:
    Chief Engineer:
    Engineering Dept.:

Sick Bay:
    Chief Doctor: NyoNyo (King Yoshi's other extra)
    Medical Dept.:
    First Aid Dept.:

Security
    Security Officer:
    Security Dept.:

Fighters:
    None as of yet.

Personnel weaponry:

Olmpus:

Standard crew weaponry:
    Plamatic short kanana: A katana with a 2-foot long blade, and a plasma generator to surround the blade in what amounts to a lightsaber blade.
    Standard Issue Handgun Phasers: With settings to either stun or wound/kill target.

Security crew and commanding officer weaponry:
    Plasmatic Blade: A katana with a 4-foot blade. Plasma generator enables a lightsaber like energy to surround the katana blade.
    Phaser Rifle: Capible of functioning as either a sniper rifle or an assualt rifle with both stun and wound/kill settings. 3 firing modes: Single shot, 3 shot rapid fire, full-auto. Beneath the barrel is a small plasma grenade launcher, capible of firing a single, high temperature round before recharging (full recharge takes about 30 secconds). The grenade launcher has no stun setting.

Novanic:

A pistol capible of shooting through walls.

Phalanx:
    Laser handguns and energy shields.

Pictures that are available:

The Lieutenant:

The Olympus:

The Novanic:

The Columbus:

The Columbus 2:

The Phalanx:
    Last edited by Seth Astra; Jun 20, 2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Added Phalanx

Roll play, you say?
    Last edited by Dhylec; Apr 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

That's a little TOO nerd, even for us.

Next to your coffee machine, drinking your coffee

Good luck dude, I've tried to get a role play going here twice before, neither time with any results
    Hey guys, want to see a magic trick? *disappears for a few years*

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TalHex View Post
    Good luck dude, I've tried to get a role play going here twice before, neither time with any results
    Explode in flames &-or implosion of the universe is still a result. /Randomness like response

I think it should report it to the Fan Art forum, considering OP made the poll there about what series should be included to pre-plan-fan-work.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    I think it should report it to the Fan Art forum, considering OP made the poll there about what series should be included to pre-plan-fan-work.
    Ok, any mods reading this, mind doing that?
    Also, if anone sees any positions I forgot/ that don't exist that you'd like to sign on as, tell me.

Shouldn't you... I dunno... have fighter pilots? I don't know if star trek uses them, but fighter pilots are pretty key in most sci-fi space battles.

Thanks, I forgot that. Gonna edit it right now.

also, if this is a Star Trek rp, wouldn't it have like a xenology... RnD Division... thing? I dunno, Stargate is more my thing, but I knew they were doing that sorta thing in PSO, especially in ep 2

Eh, sure, why not? The more departments the more confusion.