Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435 LastLast
    Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Hi Mike How's it going. I've asked Kairi_Li she's a beautiful sounding Vocalist. Maybe you could ask Her if She would be willing to help out with the movie?, unless she already contacted you and is part of the crew. She has a thread with a bunch of example's here in this Fan Forum here's the link:http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151577 Check it out.

THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

Thanks for the tip! I just now wrote her and I await a reply. If she accepts, I will most likely have her singing the theme song for the film(s).

So, writing has been fun, especially lately. I love it when I just start getting into the real juicy or action-packed bits of the script. I wish writing it were as simple as writing it from start to finish, but that's not the case this time around. The previous completed draft of the script was written in that way and it worked, even though a lot of the information was fundamentally flawed, though the delivery just doesn't work with what this story has become.

It wasn't long until THIS version of the story took on a life of its own and began writing itself. Ever since then it's been getting bigger and bigger, like a snowball rolling down a hill. remember when I said that Phantasy Star Prime was so massive that it's almost like two movies in one due to the two converging primary plotlines? Well... that's no longer valid. Now there are THREE primary plotlines that are critical to each other's development. I like to call them, "The Earthside Story," "The Alisa III Story" and "The Draco Empire Story". These stories are told in tandem throughout the films. The first movie focuses directly on The Earthside and Alisa III stories. In the second and ESPECIALLY the third films, the Draco Empire story arc will explode out of seemingly nowhere. It is deeply rooted into the Earthside Story. The Alisa III Story is deeply rooted into the Earthside Story as well and sets the entire movie trilogy in motion. You will see how the newcomer villain, Zarkos of the Alisa III Story arc, condemns his entire race in an act of revenge for the "murder" of his father, Rulakir.

Speaking of Phantasy Star III, a member of our group, aka StormBlade here in the forums, has begun re-mapping the entire Alisa III in a standalone game. He says he is recreating the classic games while he awaits the completion of the first movie script. I have brought up the idea of possibly including a classic Phantasy Star-style game along with the DVD package for PC users seeing as he is already delving into that territory. The idea would be to create a side quest in the style of the top-down view JRPG style of the classic Phantasy Star games that would add a little something extra to the story of Phantasy Star Prime. The verdict is still undecided at this point as we are still too early along. We will keep it in mind for the future though. I have personally thought of several ideas for a game inclusion with the DVD package. Whether or not any of that will be included in the final product, only time will tell.

UPDATE: 02/12/13

I have a confession to make...

I have been holding out on you guys. You see, as time goes on with this project, we at Done Right Productions have plenty of time to think and exchange ideas as to what direction our group should take as a whole. It was stated a while ago that we were 'kicking around' the idea of including a full game to accompany each release of Phantasy Star Prime (movies 1, 2, and 3). At the time we weren't sure how we were going to go about doing it as none of us had any programming or game design experience so the idea was essentially left on the back burner, likely to fade away in the shadow of film production.

Well, we have been exploring different routes that our group can take and have decided to highlight the 'multi' in MULTImeda. We have since learned quite a bit about designing classic top-down RPGs just as a fun little time waster and have concluded that a game release is not only certain to happen, but is certain to happen BEFORE the release of even the first film.

There are several reasons why we have decided to do a game release before the release of the first film. Firstly, at the rate this project is taking, there is still a long time to wait before a completed movie will even be ready for post-production, let alone release. Secondly, rather than simply porting the plot into a game, we have chosen to diversify the experience. For example, the same overall story is being told but each experience comes different content such as the fact that you may find certain things happening in the game that you won't see in the movie and vice versa. You will have the opportunity to uncover new plot elements in both forms of media to paint an even more complete picture than you would if you had experienced either one or the other. Even if you did only see the movie for play the game, you get the whole story either way.

Even an approximate ETA for the game is uncertain at this point. The team and I have been working on it for a while however and things are coming along quite well. The final, more selfish reason for releasing the game before the film is that, as a writer, I have been working on this story for more than two years and I just really want to share it in any form possible. I know that may sound like sheer impatience to some, but that is why we have decided to expand the world through different forms of media rather than simply replace the films with games. The films are still being worked on slowly but surely. This just seems like too good an opportunity to pass up.

On a side note, there has been a debate going on among the team as to art direction with the sprites. I seem to be outvoted by the idea of using the short, big-headed Chrono Trigger style of sprite to tell the story. They favor that particular style most and while I do like it myself, I insisted that we go the extra mile to construct a new set of sprites that are humanly proportional (think Phantasy Star 4) to stay faithful to the art direction. I felt that if we went the chibi route that it might not feel as much like a Phantasy Star game as it should. Either way, there will be cut-ins of normal anime style facial expressions and occasionally full-body art during the text dialogue so that the game's story is able to be conveyed in the tone it was intended to have.

What do you think? I would really like some feedback, especially on the sprite issue. Would you mind seeing the game in the chibi sprite art form or do you want to see a game that looks like it could resemble a kind of 'Phantasy Star V'?

-Mike

For a better comparison, here are the RPG Maker sprites most of the team agrees on using. Beneath them, the PS4 sprite style Mike wishes to use. I understand this is a Phantasy Star site, so you probably know the style, but some clarification couldn't hurt.

Currently Involved In:
    - Phantasy Star Prime (A fan film project headed by PSO-World's CaptainPlanet) as an actor and member of supporting soundtrack development.
    Original Works in Progress:
    - Storm Blade, a short novella following the journey of a dishonored swordsman.
    - Various short stories of the Sci-Fi and Horror genres.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBlade View Post

To go along with the comparison (and today's update), here is one of our current sprites of Ark, the mercenary character you saw in the first trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    UPDATE: 02/12/13What do you think? I would really like some feedback, especially on the sprite issue. Would you mind seeing the game in the chibi sprite art form or do you want to see a game that looks like it could resemble a kind of 'Phantasy Star V'?
    I'd prefer humanly proportioned sprites, but I'm not a huge fan of JRPGs so I don't if I'd end up playing it either way (in other words, don't take my suggestion too seriously).

Hey guys, long time no update!

Since we have decided to release a game series following the story of Phantasy Star Prime, we have decided to cut our teeth on something original before tackling Prime. That way we will have had plenty of experience with game design before we start work on the Prime games directly. That being said, the demo of our first video game has just been released! Jump on over to the last post in the "Done Right Productions" thread below and check it out!

Fair warning though, while it is a classic JRPG style game, there IS some crude adult humor sprinkled into the beginning. Let's just say the main character's father has some problems. XD

Anyway, enjoy the demo and we would love to hear some feedback either in this thread or the DRP thread!

-Mike

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...=183783&page=8

So is there ever going to be another update on this? :/

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I have some new info on Prime. I waited so CaptainPlanet could respond but it seems he hasn't yet. I set him some mail through his Done Right Production Facebook site and got a response. Here it is (note change his name at the end so I didn't disclose his name.)

Hey, thanks for writing. It really made my day reading that, especially after getting my fiance to read and critique the script just recently.

It is true, we have hit a rather complicated bump in the road. It's all rather complicated but basically I had gotten out of a pretty rotten relationship and reconnected with an old flame and got engaged. Long story short, I am currently and temporarily living roughly two hours away from the rest of the team and they have not been very active without me there to guide them. As of right now, I aim to move back to their area by December first. Once I get myself situated there, I will be reuniting the team and reviving our filming efforts.

As far as Phantasy Star Prime, it is such a massive and detailed world that it is practically my life's most creative work. I could not live with myself if I let the project die, especially given how much work has already gone into it. In fact, I have had several ideas of how it would have made a great video game if done right. Granted, I do have the software to do it, I doubt I could be fully satisfied with it JUST ending up as a classic-style, top-down RPG. My fiance actually recommend that I contact Sega and have it published as a three-part book series, which I may decide to do if all else fails. At first I almost decided to release the full script onto PSO-world for all to read... but then I would feel as though it were nothing more than a really long fan fiction, which isn't quite the vibe I wanted it to give. Basically, everyone on the team has developed such a complicated schedule in their lives that it has become difficult for the team to gather for filming even the simplest of projects, let alone something as massive as Phantasy Star Prime.

There is one thing I am certain of, however: I want the full story to be released to the public, no matter what form it takes. If it does turn out to be a written work in some form, then it will give me the creative freedom I would need in order to write the story I truly want to get across, which includes everything that happens aboard the Alisa III as well as on Earth and other planets. There is a lot of ground to cover and while it may have been possible before, I am beginning to doubt that the members of my team will be able to muster the time and resources needed to get a full fledged film trilogy done. Perhaps if I get a bit of encouragement from the community, may very well have my work published as an official book adaption to the series. I really do believe that is possible, though I am not sure how many might actually read them given that I am targeting a demographic of gamers.

Anyway, thank you again for your words of encouragement and I will go to PSO-world within the next few days and give any followers I may still have the update they deserve. I appreciate you taking the time to write me.

- CaptainPlanet

If, any of you would like to give some moral support you can reach him at his Facebook page for Done Right Production.