Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

If we get more than 7 guests tonight (which would be nice) or if we can't get the mic to work for everyone through the XBL party, then we'll simply have to use the keyboard method. In order to maintain as much order as possible, we're going to ask that everyone hold off on speaking until we begin taking questions. If you have a question, simply emote a 'wave' and we will call on you. We will make it a point to answer everyone's questions about the project.

Well, last night's in-game movie panel went well. There were only 3 people that showed up, but with the cumulative discussion of the movie with the players, the panel lasted about 3 hours! The feedback was great too. The only negative remarks we got about the movie were from a few pessimistic trolls that happened to be hanging out in just the right Universe, at just the right place, at just the right time. Healthy skepticism is one thing, after all, it's what helps to polish a quality product, but to bash a concept without any knowledge about it using ammunition such as, "fan films suck" and "who would want to watch it?" makes for a completely invalid argument, so we simply ignore such banter. In my personal opinion, a film created BY fans, FOR fans sounds like it would be a lot better than most of the video game movies we've seen in the past decade or so. At least we know that if fans made it, the information must be SOMEWHAT accurate, seeing as the ones involved in the production of such a project would have been already fully immersed in the source material.

Fan films suck? My rebuttal is this:

... any questions?

It's not like we have much to compete with as filmmakers when you have guys like this running around giving the gaming community the middle finger.

So anyway, we hope to see you guys at the in-game movie panel tomorrow night! Co-Producer Dallas Landreth and I will be sharing the mic with special guest Theodore Irwin, who plays the lead protagonist Neon, the Hunter/Fortefighter in the movie.

Thursday, July 29th
    8PM EST
    Universe 10: Draco
    GUARDIANS Colony - Central Table (near the elevator)
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Jul 29, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

Getting an estimate from one of Nicolas Cage's agents to see how much the booking fee would cost for him to make a brief cameo in Phantasy Star Prime 2. The booking fee is guesstimated to be around $5,000, give or take. That will take a lot of hardcore saving on our part, but we have at least another year before we begin shooting the sequel. Wish us luck, guys!

http://a.imageshack.us/img217/7402/h...cagecensor.jpg

It's definitely a long shot, but it's definitely worth a try!
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Jul 29, 2010 at 08:16 AM.

UPDATE: 8/2/10

It's almost 5am EST and it's been a few days with no word back from Nicolas Cage's agent. Oh well, we tried.

On the up-side however, a certain celebrity DID agree to make a cameo, possibly in our first movie. Kyle Hebert, a popular voice actor from shows such as Dragonball Z, Naruto, and Bleach, has agreed to make a cameo appearance in Phantasy Star Prime! Shooting for the scene he would be in is still far off, so it would depend on how his schedule looks at the time of shooting, but so far, so good! I sent him the script for the movie and he is considering voicing the CAST character, Epsilon. Once he sits down and reads the full script, he will get back to me on whether or not he is interested in the role.

The following is a list of anime/video game characters he has voiced over the years:

ANIMATION

Naruto - Kiba Inuzuka, Inoichi, Mizore, Ebizo
    Bleach – Sosuke Aizen, Ganju Shiba
    Dragonball Z – Narrator, Teen Gohan, West Kai, Pikkon, Ox King, General White, Pirozhki, King Furry, Captain Chicken
    Gurren Lagann – Kamina
    Fullmetal Alchemist – Vato Falman
    Resident Evil: Degeneration – Zombie, Newscaster, Bodyguard
    Ghost in the Shell – Munei, Detective, CSI tech
    Blade of the Immortal – Shido
    Magnum Farce: A Shot in the Park – Blivit the Sniper
    Ghost Slayers Ayashi – Hozaburo Ogasawara
    Ouran High School Host Club – Soga
    Blue Dragon – Legolas, Gilliam
    Yu Yu Hakusho – Karasu, Okubo, M2
    Eureka 7 – Ken-goh (season 2 and movie)
    Moribito – Sun, Jiguro Muso
    Monster – Maurer
    Blade of the Immortal – Shido
    Fruits Basket – Takei
    D. Gray Man – George the Mayor
    Big Wind Up – Miyagawa
    Darker than Black – Kikuchi
    Honey and Clover – Ippei, Asai, Lohmeyer
    Digimon: Data Squad – Belphemon
    Samurai Seven – Mosuke
    One Piece – King Cobra, Higuma the Bear, Nola
    Kenichi – Tsukaba
    Shigurui – Naotsugu
    Megaman: Starforce – Omega-Xis
    Ergo Proxy – MCQ
    Freedom – Gosche
    Buso Renkin – Hiwatari
    Hell Girl – Yoshiyuk
    Tweeny Witches – Luca
    MAR – Peta
    When They Cry – Tomitake, Kumagai, Kimiyoshi
    Baki the Grappler – Hanayama, Vladimir, Kinryuzan
    Blue Gender – Seno Miyagi, Sgt. Robert Bradley, Takashi
    Burst Angel – Detective Masa-Yan
    Lupin III – General Headhunter, Burton, Butrakari, Goering
    Basalisk – Hattori Hanzo the First
    Zatch Bell – John Owen

VARIOUS ROLES
    Hellsing, Evangelion, Shin Chan, Monster, Lucky Star, STRAIN, Vexille, FLAG, Stellvia, Melody of Oblivion, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Mermaid Forest, The Third, Case Closed, Galaxy Railways, Sakura Taisen, Kodocha, Desert Punk,
    Ragnarok, Romeo X Juliet

VIDEO GAMES

Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV – Ryu
    James Cameron’s Avatar – Rai ‘uk
    Final Fantasy XIII – Cocoon inhabitants various
    Wolfenstein – Hans Grosse, PA Voice
    Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight – Xaviax
    Devil May Cry 4 – Bael, Dagon
    Dynasty Warriors 6, 7, Strike Force- Sima Yi
    Dragonball Z – Narrator, Teen Gohan, Ox King, Pikkon
    Naruto – Kiba, Manda, Ebizo
    Bleach – Sosuke Aizen, Ganju Shiba
    Mad World – Big Bull Crocker, Scissors Man, Ninja
    Desperate Housewives – Carlos Solis
    Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles – Narrator, Nose Demon
    Persona 4 – Mitsuo Kubo
    Baroque – Archangel
    Wild Arms 5 – Volsung
    Riviera: The Promised Land – Ledah
    Armored Core: For Answer – Otsdarva/Thermidor
    Tenchu – Kurogawa, Ninja
    Everquest II – Voidman, Stone Golem, Skeleton, Ogre, Werewolf
    World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade – Blood Elf
    Red Alert 3 – Imperial Nanocore, Allied Mobile Construction, Allied IFV
    Soldier of Fortune: Payback – Thomas Mason
    .hack GU Part 2, 3 – Krewhaha, Skumumu
    Baten Kaitos: Origins – Juwar
    Digimon World: Data Squad – Masaki Nitta, Beezelmon, Belphemon
    Growlanser: Heritage of War – Zeikwalt
    Dawn of Mana – Masked Guru
    Infinite Undiscovery – Sigmond, Held
    Star Ocean – Dias, Arumat, Crowe
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World – Richter Abend, Dirk the Dwarf
    Chocobo’s Dungeon – Marris the Fishmonger
    Guilty Gear 2 – Blade, Roller
    The Last Remnant – Zuido
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament – Karasu, M2

VARIOUS ROLES

Resident Evil 5, Watchmen: The End is Nigh, Golden Axe: Beastrider, Bloodrayne 2, Valkyrie Profile 2, Enchanted Arms, Yygra Union, Summon Night: Twin Age, Rondo of Swords, Magna Carta 2

thats cool that you got him to cameo.

I realize it's been a while since I've posted any media for you all to look at, so here's something to hold you over until the next media update, which will probably be more pictures of the CAST armor being made, since we are scheduled to see our craftsman this Wednesday for further fitting.

In the meantime, I've been trying out different voices in case Kyle Hebert decides that he's not interested in voicing Epsilon. This one was kind of for kicks. This is what it might sound like if Peter Cullen were to voice Epsilon in our movie. :P

Most of these lines are taken right from the script, save for the last one. That one I just threw in. :P

Also, please excuse the bad sound quality. I recorded the vocals through my piece-of-crap cell phone.

UPDATE: 8-6-10

I just got an e-mail response from Kyle Hebert and he has agreed to voice the character Epsilon for our movies! We have a celebrity on the cast, how sweet is that?!

I also noticed that he is missing a role in his credits. He also played Wario in, "There Will Be Brawl." I literally just got finished watching that entire series and it was pretty sweet. I really liked the writing, and Kyle's character was my favorite. Him and his retarded brother, "Wa" (Waluigi).
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Aug 6, 2010 at 02:11 AM.

UPDATE: 8/17/10

It's been a while since there has been an update and I know that some of you are curious as to what's going on with production. Basically, we have been devoting all of our time to building the CAST armor and It's coming along great! We would post pictures of how it looks so far, but we don't want to reveal too much of the armor before we release the trailer.

On a side note, we have focused heavily on the first four weapons we are going to build and have compiled the materials in an online shopping cart and We will probably order them by the end of this week. The materials aren't cheap for four weapons!

As for other things, as Mike said, we've been building the armor and working around various schedules, including my own (which is the most hectic at times). To dismiss any concerns, we haven't "lost interest" or "burned out" at all; we're focused heavily on this project and know we've come far enough in terms of networking and hyping to fail you guys. Everyone who wants to see this movie are our motivation.
    Currently Involved In:
    - Phantasy Star Prime (A fan film project headed by PSO-World's CaptainPlanet) as an actor and member of supporting soundtrack development.
    Original Works in Progress:
    - Storm Blade, a short novella following the journey of a dishonored swordsman.
    - Various short stories of the Sci-Fi and Horror genres.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBlade View Post
    As for other things, as Mike said, we've been building the armor and working around various schedules, including my own (which is the most hectic at times). To dismiss any concerns, we haven't "lost interest" or "burned out" at all; we're focused heavily on this project and know we've come far enough in terms of networking and hyping to fail you guys. Everyone who wants to see this movie are our motivation.
    Good to hear it! I've told practically all my friends about this now and at least one or two of them are going to watch it with me.