Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default My brilliant $$$ making idea

Before you get too excited let me say that my plan was flawed.

After receiving my Edel weapon I was just messing around on psupedia.info and noticed that the Harp could be exchanged for a moatoob collectable. I quickly searched the collectable to find its value around 6 Mill.

I would say I can score a harp on 2/3 tries now on The Road to Rykros A... That math works out to around 12 mill every half an hour or so.

Anyways I take my harp to the dealer only to find I need both the elym and the harp to make the exchange. The plan is out the window considering the Elym is MUCH harder to obtain..

The moatoob collectable would be the only reason to obtain these items a second time ... And only if you didn't receive it as a reward way back when.

I can't understand why the other trade in options are even there? Three gold badges?! 3 Grinder Base S!?
    NiceOnes

You never know, with the sup. update we'll be able to become a hell of a lot stronger than now so it may not be a challenge later.

You have to think about when this catches on, (if it does) then the price will drop.
    More people doing this trying to get money, equals more of the moatoob collectible on the market.

Then you have to realize that just because they're up in shops for 6 mil, it doesn't mean they sell for 6 mil.
    You'd want to have a lowered price, I'd say 5.5 or 5 mil each.
    Then you have to wait for them to sell, if they sell.

You might have them there for a few days before even 1 sells.
    Though, I'm not sure what the moatoob collectible is used for nowadays, so I could be wrong about people wanting it.

If it's in high demand, and people see the cheaper ones gone, then people might start buying the more expensive ones. (I've seen this happen with Paural a lot).
    The cheaper ones sell, and no one wants to spend 15+ mil on them, but after a few days if more don't show up on the market, people get desperate and buy the 15+ mil ones.
    Then everyone thinks they're worth that much.

(Don't worry about my pricing, it's been a while since I played PSU. Been since the announcement of the
    closure of the PC/PS2, and Xbox 360 prices have always differed from ours anyway, so of course it'd be cheaper for you guys).

All in all, it's not a bad idea for the first few hours. Maybe the first few days.
    If I were you, I'd give it a try, and see how things go. You never know, people might not catch on, and you could bank on this.

Good luck, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    You have to think about when this catches on, (if it does) then the price will drop.
    The price will only drop temporarily. For example, Factory Red and Factory Blue were worth 3.5 mil. Then I posted that I sell Factory Red and Blue to make money and they dropped down to 1.5 mil, but now they are back up to 3 mil. Of course since I make this post, they will probably drop back down to 1 mil again.

Considering how easy these items are to obtain, their prices shouldn't sustain at the level that they do. The only reason they maintain their value is because people don't feel like hunting for them. That's not going to change with a few short term hunters flooding the market.

That's the reason why Spicia costs less than Meteoric Metal even though Spicia is far easier to obtain in large quantities. That's the reason why things like Teranite costs more than NPC sale value.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIE creations View Post
    You never know, with the sup. update we'll be able to become a hell of a lot stronger than now so it may not be a challenge later.
    I have my doubts. Karen will not get any smarter and you will still only be able to carry 10 Star Atomizers...

If I had to run A Brighter Day even once or twice more I get the feeling my controller would end up in my 55" LCD.

I'm done with the story missions.
    NiceOnes

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    The price will only drop temporarily. For example, Factory Red and Factory Blue were worth 3.5 mil. Then I posted that I sell Factory Red and Blue to make money and they dropped down to 1.5 mil, but now they are back up to 3 mil. Of course since I make this post, they will probably drop back down to 1 mil again.
    I've been selling these for the past month, as I have around 12 stacks of megisphere's in my bank. They rarely go for more than 2 million a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian677 View Post
    I've been selling these for the past month, as I have around 12 stacks of megisphere's in my bank. They rarely go for more than 2 million a piece.
    Ikr. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian677 View Post
    Rarely? How often do you check? Last Friday, I put in four Factory; two blue and two red. Both Factory Blue sold for 3 mil in the first three days. One of the two Factory Red sold for 2.5 mil. The other Factory Red will probably sit in the shop for a while since it didn't sell before I made the initial post in this thread. I'm pretty sure the price will be back up to 2.5 in a couple of weeks once everyone forgets about this discussion on how to make money. I could drop it down to 1 mil for a quick sell, but I'm not really worried about it.

BTW, to prove that people actually read this thread, Primitive Moatoob Idol was down to 1 mil when I checked yesterday. I remember it being 5 mil last week.

Melton's Frying pans, which were going for 300k, dropped down to 100k, but are back up to 150k (I guess someone is trying to get some Setsuko's skillets and is flooding the market with the "failures").

Spicia was down below 100k for the first time in months, but will probably rebound back up to 150k in no time since there weren't many at the below 100k mark.

Meteoric Metal actually went up in price from the average 10k per piece.

Lunga Rooms were back up to selling for 15k (not much, but considering you couldn't give them away after the event...)

Teranite was actually selling at the NPC buy price instead of over it (all of those poor people making an easy profit on store bought items are probably cursing me out right about now).

I'd say things are looking nice right now to buy bulk and sell back for a profit in a few weeks.

O ya this person knows where the money is at [/sarcasm]

Well, like I said, I've got stacks and stacks of megispheres. Initially, the Factory Blues were selling within a day or two for 2.5 mil. I kept running into undercutters, though, forcing me to drop my price on a near daily basis. It got to the point that I now carry one Factory Blye & Red at 2 mil, and the rest at 3 mil. I've yet to sell a Factory since Monday, as there are a few listed in the 1.8 mil range. In any case, I'm happy making even 1 mil on these, as I had absolutely no use for the megispheres. Not really interested in Promoto weapons.