I'm just wondering, what kinda benefits do you mods get for being a moderator. And also, why do you do it (sheer love for the game, someone asked you etc.)? It's not because i wanna be a mod, im just bored cause our school gets a day off and almost nobodys online and i need a new thread to read. Thanks for your time.

Not banned

I'm a mod at a couple other forums, and I could answer it from experience. Well, it's actually fun in ways because observing how smart people can be and how ignorant people can be brightens my day. When someone pisses everyone else off on purpose and for no reason at all, it's always fun to lock forums, ban them, get their ip....and give it out to people. Well, I use to do the IP thing, but it got old. Anyways, I think the mods of this forum do it out of shear love for the game. Heck, I would to. all the mods here are like "Gods and Goddesses" compared to me. I mean, come on, they are moderators of the best website/video game forum in the world....I have a right to call them that

Benefits? It's kinda nice. Gideon has us on a 70K salary, we get health benefits and insurance, death insurance, company car... the works.

o_O

Mods also give the go signal when it's time to fool someone into formatting his hard drive or just plain piss him off before he gets banned.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

short and sweet:

no benefits. maybe gideon only loves iceblink, i know they were lovers.

we do it because we love the game, this community, the people, and we want to make a better place for pso players, provide a good community and provide information, have a place for people to call home.

and we don't have mods or seek any out that does any of the actions mentioned in the quote below. mods are not here to abuse powers or be mods just for the status. mods work their butts off for you.

"it's always fun to lock forums, ban them, get their ip....and give it out to people."

Thanks mods, answered alot. Keep up the good work!!

Lolita summed it up nicely. I enjoy the people, the community and the site.

I mod for your pleasure!
    Look, he did it again.

Abdur: I thought you modded because... er... nevermind. It's too disgusting to mention on this board. ^_^;

No Iceblink, I heard through grapevine that's what you did for Tomee and Gideon.