Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Either your router is messing up, or your friend's is.
    I suggest you both restart your routers, usually fixes the problem

A little off topic but I'm currently in the process of paying for a DS. Do you need any other connections to play this game multiplayer, or is it like the PSP where you can just connect to the nearest DS and play multiplayer. I don't plan to go online when (if) I buy PS0 (been told it's hard to find in the UK now ).
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.

To play any DS game over the internet, you need a wireless connection point - your home router, hotspot at a restaurant, etc. You can also play multiplayer games over a local network in which someone hosts a game for up to 8 others - this usually requires everyone have a copy of the game, but some games allow people without the game to join in (the box will have the label "Single-Card Download Play" on the back if so).

PSZ has online multiplayer and multi-card local play for up to 4 players.
    Last edited by pkrockin; Jun 14, 2010 at 06:42 PM.
    Check my profile for info on playtime windows. Got a HUcaseal that loves to group up!

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

So if I had the game for DS and, for example, my brother decided to buy the game, we could just play multiplayer in the same room on our DSs without the need to buy additional things to play multiplayer? This is the main reason I want phantasy star zero as it just seems so similar to PSO. Thanks.
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweengo View Post
    So if I had the game for DS and, for example, my brother decided to buy the game, we could just play multiplayer in the same room on our DSs without the need to buy additional things to play multiplayer? This is the main reason I want phantasy star zero as it just seems so similar to PSO. Thanks.
    Let me see if I can explain this again more clearly......You put your PSZ in the DS
    He puts his PSZ in his DS
    You both start up your DSes
    You both select characters to use

Now, to play a local game:
    You both select "multiplayer" or whatever in the menu
    One of you selects "Form Party" and the other selects "Join Party"
    Once the party leader can see that the other has joined, you head out into the world
    Check my profile for info on playtime windows. Got a HUcaseal that loves to group up!

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Oh sorry thanks. The multi-card saying just threw me. I suppose it means you all need the game. As long as I can play multiplayer without the need for wi-fi or anything else, I'm happy.

Going back to topic...
    We are in the same room/using the same router.
    I guess we could try changing some settings again, but seeing how it has not really helped in the past I doubt there will be any success.

But just... why does free play work prefectly and "friend code play" does not?