Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Phantasy Star Universe DLC weapon and clothes design CONTEST!!

just wonder if this has been posted yet.
    but I think everybody who has JP account should already received Email from SEGA regarding to the new contest. (since I know the link from Email too)

the contest period is from : 6/24 to 8/10.

here is the official website : http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event...gncontest2010/

Although last time we haven't won any prize, I hope there are still people here who gonna try it again. I think it would be cool if we could post all the picture/process related to the contest here and discuss!

Last edited by Arika; Jun 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

I'd like to...but be careful, you MUST NOT post the real contribution anywhere other than the official contribution form.
    This time, it's officially announced that you can be deprived of the prize by violation of this.
    (Even if contest deadline is over, it is still forbidden until the results are publicized. Instead, this time some of the contributions will be shown at the official contest site.)

I won't show the real design, but write about some ideas, which will be actually drawn or not.
    They are just some vague ideas, and I don't want to monopolize them.
    (In fact, my drawing skill is way bad, and it's highly likely few will go into actual drawing.)

Ideas:
    # Cigarette-disguised-gun(not for actual smoking, but can kill anyway)
    # Grinna Bete-S enemy-weapon(can be a gun, an axe, or a claw...maybe many more)
    # Kitchen mixer spear(Butcher of Battlefield a la Blade Cusinart)
    # Twin rotor-blades double-saber(spins frantically when swung)

# Parum punk outfit with pseudo-rogues style(looks like Moatoob but has right sleeve)
    # Neudaiz jungle wear(protect skin but keeps body dry)
    # Moatoob ragtag armor(dates back to Beast Revolt, has some CAST armor incorporated)
    Maybe more...

How about just being able to acquire Sonic's Shoes for your character? You could even base them on the shoes from "Sonic Adventure 2", just to make them seem more futuristic.

Likewise, you could have a "shirt" that's inspired by Knuckles. For instance, you have the big, spiked gloves, but underneath is a long-sleeve red shirt. The "crescent" symbol on the chest (which is normally white, on Knuckles) could reflect the attribute of you Shield Line, as well.

As long as we're on the subject, you could make a pair of pants (perhaps simple, demin jeans?) that have a two fox-tails attached, to represent Tails.

If you combined all three, you would would still have a fully-clothed character, but also be representing all three of the main Sonic characters. You could also throw in some Eggman-themed Glasses, or an Amy-inspired hairband (Females-only), and you'd have a complete look.

Here comes the first wave of applicants:
    http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event...0/list/weapon/
    http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event.../list/costume/

You can try with 3-piece (Top/Bottom/Shoes, or Arms/Torso/Legs) costume, but so far most are whole-body sets(pity it rs). If only I had some skill to draw...

I know exactly how you feel. I actually used to be a great artist back in high-school (when I was actually hoping to do it for a living), but it's one of those things that if you fall out of practice, it can be very difficult to just "pick up and do".

Although, has the entry-date already been established/closed? I dunno, if not, I might actually see about pounding a few ideas out.

I know exactly how you feel. I actually used to be a great artist back in high-school (when I was actually hoping to do it for a living), but it's one of those things that if you fall out of practice, it can be very difficult to just "pick up and do".

Although, has the entry-date already been established/closed? I dunno, if not, I might actually see about pounding a few ideas out.

I submitted this to the site news in early June but I guess it wasn't important enough as it really only pertains to residents of Japan.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this contest counts for PSP2 as well. That's why you can see some items that would only work in PSP2 in the designs. Unless they are eventually planning on bring the changes from PSP2 to PSU...
    Last edited by Mike; Jul 21, 2010 at 07:08 PM.

i'm going to try. no really i am.

A lot of people seem hell bent on more Lavis weapons. Kinda hoping that Lavis Shield wins.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Lavis Spear, prease. D:
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.