Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default What does PSO-world drink?

So I'm sitting here, doing some thumbnails for a client while drinking some 4Loko (awful stuff) and I'm wondering-

-what do the rest of you folks drink? I drink on a fairly regular schedule, preferably once ever 2-3 days depending on my work schedule, and socially as well of course. I prefer nicer beers like Stella Artois or Samuel Adams (Dark Lagers are a great thing) but due to my current economic situation (student loans and their ilk) I tend to drink more "economically" based fluids, such as, the aforementioned horse-piss that is 4loko, or even when especially desperate, cheap rum and coke. If I have some extra time, then it's Miller, which is probably the best tasting beer I can think of that you can get for under 10 bucks for a twelve pack.

So, theres a fairly in-depth idea of what I do when drinking, what about the rest of you?
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Tequila
    Boddingtons
    Long Island Ice Tea
    Sprite
    Basically any kind of beer or wine that's not trashy

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Aqua boogie.

Iced coffee every now and then.

Have had spritzer wine coolers of the Smirnoff Ice variety when like, 16-17 once @ friend party. "If you spit it out you're a wussy" Bottle says only 5% by volume, B. C'mon.

Just saw Nightline last night about it being some viral trolling thing now. They even got Coolio on stage with this "game."

And probably grandma slipping the finger with beer on it when baby/toddler. Whoops. Grandma now has since stopped both drinking and smoking.

And that's it.

Black Cherry flavor Gatorade Propel Water is good.
    Cream soda on occasion, if not Root Beer float if possible.
    In N Out Strawberry milkshakes.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Coffee. Straight coffee. No sugar, no cream, ALL MAN.

My main staples:

Irish Coffee (Mug of Joe + Shot of Jameson/Beam + Shot of Bailey's/Coralins for cream)

Irish Carbomb (1/2 shot Jameson + 1/2 shot Bailey's in a glass, drop it into a pint of Guiness and chug)

Gin & Squirt (Though the new Mt. Dew WhiteOut makes a good substitute)

Beam & Coke (Start with the Beam, season to taste with the Coke)

On the beer side of things, I'm a bit of a snob and won't drink the cheaper stuff unless I've got some good Scotch to go with it. (Pabst & Johnny Walker go surprisingly well together) Otherwise, I'm too broke too drink beer much with my tastes. Newcastle, Sierra Nevada, Guinness, Harp, Blue Moon, and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat are about my low level thresh hold. When I can afford it, I tend to gravitate to Stone Brewery's stuff. Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, Ruination, Imperial Russian Stout, etc. They make some of greatest, hopiests, skunkiest IPAs around. Period. Otherwise, Goose Island makes a great IPA, and their Matilda is quite good. Their Bourbon County Stout is a brutal assault on your senses, and hands down one of the most complex beers I've ever tasted. Great Lakes Brewing Co's BlackOut Stout and Edmund Fitzgerald Porter are fucking out of this world delicious.

I've also been dabbling into wine territory lately, though generally due to the aforementioned lack of monies, I've been relegated to the Miller Lights of Wine... such as Olivers, Boonesfarm, and SutterHome... as well as the occasional two gallon tub of Carlo Rossi table wines. Though I still refuse to drink wine from a cardboard box. I do have my standards you know. Sadly, those standards of my wine also having to come in a Glass Bottle includes MadDog 20/20 as acceptable. I've tended to drink more Red Wines like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot for their heartier flavor and for the greater concentration of resveratrol. (Which is supposed to be quite good for your heart health and anti-aging, but proper human trials haven't actually been done yet so much of what you hear about it may well just be hype).

As for non-alcoholic stuff... ah... well, pretty much just home-brewed Iced Tea from a 50/50 mix of Black & Green with the occasional Earl Grey or English Black mixed in.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 18, 2010 at 06:07 AM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

^ I love black and green tea mixed together, so good. Any kind of tea is really good. I spent a couple of weeks in England a few years ago, and I loved trying all the different teas there.

Coca-cola is my main drink. Vanilla Coke is for special occasions. (Or really just summer, since that's the only time they sell it around here.)

When I choose to imbibe (which is more and more recently these days since I now live down the street from all the major bars), I generally go with Blue Moon or Stella these days, with the occasional Guinness thrown in. I used to drink Heineken, but I don't much these days.

Of course, FKL can vouch that recently I've been having more and more Fruli Strawberry and Young's Double Chocolate Stout. A night in which I can have both strawberry beer and chocolate beer is a good night.

When I go for mixed drinks, it's usually a rum & Coke or a Bacardi and club soda.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Vodka neat.

Water
    any COLA soda (Coke, Pepsi, Select, Rally, RC etc)

Rarely milk.

also. Vodka+coke sometimes.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."