Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by bns1991 View Post
    So looking for rares on quests is the worst thing to do due to the fact that there is no boosted drop rate. I remember playing Ep1&2 and the drop rate was the same on or offline. It took me 30 pouilly slimes to get my lavis cannon but I didnt really care after I got it
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    Actually, online just gives 1.5x droprates. All it does to EXP is that everyone gets the same EXP for being in the same room, even if they weren't the one to actually kill it... or fight it, in some cases... *cough* <_<

As for TC, as someone else said, your best bet, if you can, is to do online half-level questing or to just do Field Runs for the higher droprate, since droprate is more important than being able to kill him more (also, he's tougher to kill in quests too, but he does give more EXP as well, so it can go either way with that).
    Statistically you have a higher chance of getting a boss drop(note, I said for a Breaker in my last post) from an online quest run over the same amount of time as online field runs.

Say for instance, the base drop rate for a Breaker is 1%. An online quest will yield a 1.25% drop rate, and an online field would have a 1.5%. However, since you only have to do the first half of Arca Plant before fighting Humilias in the quest run, your chances to get one are actually higher over time. You could easily get 8 or 9, maybe even 10 Humilias kills in quests in the same time it takes to get 5 in fields.

The fact that monsters are harder in quests has absolutely no merit because of how easy they are in the first place, especially when we have 4 players (since we're online, and 4 players = 4 chests) and (most likely) Flozir.

Echo - Lv. 71 FOnewm | Ech01 - Lv. 99 HUcast
    Ech01's Trade List!

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ech01 View Post
    Statistically you have a higher chance of getting a boss drop(note, I said for a Breaker in my last post) from an online quest run over the same amount of time as online field runs.

Say for instance, the base drop rate for a Breaker is 1%. An online quest will yield a 1.25% drop rate, and an online field would have a 1.5%. However, since you only have to do the first half of Arca Plant before fighting Humilias in the quest run, your chances to get one are actually higher over time. You could easily get 8 or 9, maybe even 10 Humilias kills in quests in the same time it takes to get 5 in fields.

The fact that monsters are harder in quests has absolutely no merit because of how easy they are in the first place, especially when we have 4 players (since we're online, and 4 players = 4 chests) and (most likely) Flozir.
    My thing is that, if you're going to kill something 20 bajillion times, you may as well do it with the highest chance. TC can do whatever he wants, though.

Also, on the last thing, just so we're all clear, quests don't affect enemy toughness online, only in single-player mode. <_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    My thing is that, if you're going to kill something 20 bajillion times, you may as well do it with the highest chance. TC can do whatever he wants, though.

Also, on the last thing, just so we're all clear, quests don't affect enemy toughness online, only in single-player mode. <_<
    But if you're killing him 20 bajillion times with the highest chance, you could kill him 35 bajillion+ times with a slightly lower chance over the same time period, which actually translates to the highest chance. The fact that quest enemies aren't stronger than field enemies online just makes my argument more valid.

EDIT: When the hell are you getting your game back? We have some serious trading to do.
    Last edited by Ech01; Jun 21, 2010 at 09:27 PM.

Ech01's Trade List!

Hence why I advised online half-quests... and if I didn't, I'm advising it now.

And I should be getting it quite soon... tomorrow, methinks, maybe wednesday... if not by then, something must be up. <_<

Oh, and if you really want to, you can play with me online on my new cart. I'm itching for a few Dark Shrine runs and stuff, like good ol' times in the past. ;P

PSO Assassin

Definitely dude, I'm down for a few. My sig is a bit out of date, my FOnewm is 77 now. Should I play him or my HUcast?

Ech01's Trade List!

Well, my FOnewy is about 73 now, so the FOnewm please. :3

I can be online in about 20 minutes, is that alright?

PSO Assassin

Sure. Got enough gear on your new cart? Want me to bring some gear for you to borrow? I have some pretty nice stuff, check my list.

Ech01's Trade List!

I got nothing really too fancy, just a nifty Kerykeion I got as a gift for my eco-friendly FOnewearl, a Pizza Box made of 100% recycleable materials that has 4 slots, and a level 100 Mind Rappy Mag to teach the world of love for all living creatures. Gotta love how I can give my character some nice backstory over something as simple as her outfit colors. ;P

PSO Assassin

Why don't I loan you some stuff? How about a level 4 AO with MS, a Rika's Suit, some Divine Minds, and a Compress PA?

Ech01's Trade List!

Loan or give? I don't like doing loans, as I don't like having to give things back if I need to rush off. : /