Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A question about the content on the GC version.

Actually a couple. First, how much does it lose compared to BB? Second, is it still much fun without online? Third, how much does it cost? I may have more questions later.

None of the episode 4 content is available on GC.
    I think it's still fun offline. You can still play online through private servers.
    There's no fee to play online. The actual game disc isn't cheap though, just check ebay.

Honestly,I don't have an internet connection for my GC. Also, do you have a ballpark idea of how much it might cost? Now that I think about it, online or not, I'd be sure to still play it a lot, so the lack of online doesn't matter too much.

Also, before anyone points out the option of playing BB on a private server, that's kinda out of the question. I doubt that my mom would be too entusiastic about me playing basically a pirate copy of the game, on a server that's probably technically illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    Also, do you have a ballpark idea of how much it might cost?
    Check ebay and amazon. You'll be paying over $40 at least, probably more.
    Now that I think about it, online or not, I'd be sure to still play it a lot, so the lack of online doesn't matter too much.
    Yeah it's still fun offline.
    I doubt that my mom would be too entusiastic about me playing basically a pirate copy of the game, on a server that's probably technically illegal.
    Then tell her it's a free online game?
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

40$?! It's 8-9 years old for god's sake! Ah well, just goes to show you how popular it is. Guess I won't be getting it (too much for an older game, IMO. Plus, I need all the money I can get to get a PSP so I can play Phantasy Star Portable 2). I'm glad that it's fun offline, though. I honestly doubt that my mom would want me playing it, for the reasons I mentioned. I might consider sneaking it onto my comp... If I had my own comp. We have a shared family comp, unfortunately for me.

it goes up to $200 dollars dude, it depends if you want Pso 1 & 2, or PSO 1 & 2 Plus which is what I have
    the plus version is better and it's also expensive because it's a rare game but you can find it pretty cheap in good condition like me
    and offline mood is fun, I've had it about a year and I've never been online, I'm almost level 100 without being in online mode so you have to create your own milestones I guess

Have you considered Episode 3? It's a completely different kind of gameplay, but Episode 3 is considerably cheaper than 1&2 and still a lot of fun in its own rght. At least it is if you can appreciate a turn based strategy/card game.

I've seen Ep. 3, and it does look fun. However, I mostly wanted to play classic PSO, since it sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I probably won't due to the prices.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post

Also, before anyone points out the option of playing BB on a private server, that's kinda out of the question. I doubt that my mom would be too entusiastic about me playing basically a pirate copy of the game, on a server that's probably technically illegal.
    Technically, it's not pirated since the DL for BB was originally free anyway. It's only an altered copy.

The private server thing, Sega just doesn't care about anymore. It would cost them more money to enforce the restriction of BB's private servers, and they wouldn't see anything out of it. They actually benefit from having a few private servers around, because then people who heard of PSO can play it online, and have a chance to see what it's about. Sega really doesn't lose anything from having private servers for BB. Except for maybe customers from PSU.

@Nitro: Hmm... Perhaps I may consider it, then.