Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Do you believe this game will "disappear"?

Ok, I was actually going to buy this game (kinda new to PS saga, but already have some games), I actually couldn't stop wanting it more; but I'll buy another one (long story), and I'll get this in a month.

But then I realized, checking my near gamestops, that the game is disappearing in my local area; this made me think that what happened with PSO could happen with PS0: no marketing, not so much information about it, keeping the price of it up, making itself a rare gem and with small/big cult following; Do you believe this game could disappear?

PSO was always catering to a smaller community. However, PSO had persistent support and built-in community features. This game has neither and it will probably drop off in popularity much sooner in its life than PSO.
    Check my profile for info on playtime windows. Got a HUcaseal that loves to group up!

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Bump.

And it really doesn't have that big of a following, as of now. With the 3DS being released in the near future (next couple of years), this game could very well vanish from people's minds once the new set of games sure to pour in cover it up. While it's library is growing, DS games are more than likely going to be liquidated down into it's more popular titles, and that basically means PSZ will probably be one of those games that suddenly vanishes from store shelves.

On the plus side, this gives Sega a chance to create a more robust handheld PS experience for the 3DS...

And should allow them to work past the horrid Friend Code system. :3

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

You know, I'm not sure if this is just me or not, but I can't for the life of me see what's so bad about the FC system on its own. I think more people are annoyed about not having typeable messages rather than pictochats and no lobby than they should be of just FC's. <_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQuark View Post
    On the plus side, this gives Sega a chance to create a more robust handheld PS experience for the 3DS...
    Won't happen for a while. The next PS game is almost certainly headed for a console of some kind, if you believe what the game's creators are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQuark View Post
    And should allow them to work past the horrid Friend Code system. :3
    I have very little hope for this. To me, it's the most important thing that needs to be fixed of the several problems that exist in Nintendo's current online services. The only thing I've heard about the revamps of the online service (see around the middle of the page) seem to be more on a service and infrastructure level. The 3DS provides a world of possibilities for change but it's up to Nintendo to act on those and getting rid of the friend codes, as a certain someone would put it, doesn't sound "innovative" or "distinctive, and therefore, it wouldn’t be Nintendo."

I'm with Chaos. I just have not felt that there were too many problems with FCs. And it's proven that Nintendo would be willing to use another method, if negotiated with. *Cough.*MonsterHunterTri*Cough.* It didn't use FCs. Instead it just used an ID number as a method of tracking down a specific player. So clearly, it's not like it'll never be anything different.

EDIT: @Mike: Your last sentence really does seem to be taking it out of context. However, I didn't really understand the entire paragraph that that quote was in.
    Last edited by Seth Astra; Jul 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    I'm with Chaos. I just have not felt that there were too many problems with FCs. And it's proven that Nintendo would be willing to use another method, if negotiated with. *Cough.*MonsterHunterTri*Cough.* It didn't use FCs. Instead it just used an ID number as a method of tracking down a specific player. So clearly, it's not like it'll never be anything different.
    I'm just trying to say that it could be better. I think when you look at Playstation Network and Xbox Live, both of them have centralized online networks where communication is easy and you're never low on people to play with. Nintendo's Friend Code system, however, made online gaming pretty much blind, though. Yeah, like you said, they're willing to make changes which is good. But I feel like this is something they should have given serious consideration to a long time ago...

Rappy Guild / Blue Rogues PSZFann's Avatar

I hope the next PS they make is PSW !!! (Phantasy Star Wii!!!!)
    PSZ FC: 1290.8911.5841
    PSZCharacters: FOnewearl Lv53 HUnewerl Lv9 RAmarl lv41
    PSP2characters: lv61 Hunter and lv71 Vanguard
    PM me if you wana play!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    EDIT: @Mike: Your last sentence really does seem to be taking it out of context. However, I didn't really understand the entire paragraph that that quote was in.
    I'm just lamenting Nintendo's seeming unwillingness to give up the lame friend code system they set up.

As an extension of my previous paragraph:
    Spoiler!

Rappy Guild / Blue Rogues PSZFann's Avatar

whats 3DS?
    PSZ FC: 1290.8911.5841
    PSZCharacters: FOnewearl Lv53 HUnewerl Lv9 RAmarl lv41
    PSP2characters: lv61 Hunter and lv71 Vanguard
    PM me if you wana play!!