[LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09

Rappy Guild / Blue Rogues PSZFann's Avatar

so 3d videogames
    PSZ FC: 1290.8911.5841
    PSZCharacters: FOnewearl Lv53 HUnewerl Lv9 RAmarl lv41
    PSP2characters: lv61 Hunter and lv71 Vanguard
    PM me if you wana play!!

Lightbulb

The 3DS is a new handheld that Nintendo has been developing (if that's the proper term) and plans to release within the next few years (hopefully). It has the ability to create 3D images without the need for glasses, and it surprisingly works. But thankfully, it's not just another DS/DSi rehash, because this time, the graphics capabilities of the 3DS are far improved from the other DSs. On top of that, it still has it's cameras and compatability with DSiWare, and there's even talk that it may have 3G wireless connection. And if I heard this right, which I hope I did, it's still backwards compatible with DS games...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQuark View Post
    Bump.

And it really doesn't have that big of a following, as of now. With the 3DS being released in the near future (next couple of years), this game could very well vanish from people's minds once the new set of games sure to pour in cover it up. While it's library is growing, DS games are more than likely going to be liquidated down into it's more popular titles, and that basically means PSZ will probably be one of those games that suddenly vanishes from store shelves.
    Well to be fair, sega didn't make much of an effort to really put this game out on the shelves either. If they had, it would probably have a bigger fallowing. This game was hard to track down in physical form months after launch, even when you were looking for it.

I got it a few weeks after launch, and it was difficult to track down; Best buy didn't have it, obviously the big chain stores didn't. I managed to snag the last two copies from gamestop, but i had to ask the clerk for the game specifically, it wasn't being advertised or on the shelves. For how little effort Sega actually put into putting the game out there, i'm surprised it has a fallowing this big.

A great game, first real onrpg for the ds, and they played it safe and barely even put it out there, and there was no marketing to speak of as far as i know. Maybe it was to feel out the fan base, but the online alone would have moved copies if they actually put the title out there.

The first real online rpg for ds just flew under the radar because they didn't market it or put out copies on shelves. That feature alone would have sold tons of units if they capitalized on it. But sega never was very good at making good choices either, or marketing for that matter.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by rufusangus View Post
    The first real online rpg for ds just flew under the radar because they didn't market it or put out copies on shelves. That feature alone would have sold tons of units if they capitalized on it. But sega never was very good at making good choices either, or marketing for that matter.
    Yeah, which is why I'm hoping they use the 3DS as a chance to make a bigger Phantasy Star experience, as far as handhelds are concerned. I know it'd be tough, but I'm still waiting on a full MMO experience on the DS as I'm sure others are. If Sega managed to capitalize on this by making something like a handheld version of PSU on the 3DS and did a good job of marketing it, it could sell tons of copies.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Actually, there were other games that played like this that came out long before PSZ came out. For instance, the FFCC DS games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    Actually, there were other games that played like this that came out long before PSZ came out. For instance, the FFCC DS games...
    Oh, yeah, by all means. But that's why I believe that now's the time for handheld online RPGs to make a leap to something more MMO. Since they have Phantasy Star, I'd prefer that they be the ones to do it.

I see nothing wrong with the FC system.

PS0 is awesome, but it'd be better with more areas, better chat system and even the section ID system, I'd enjoy it more.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciarius View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the FC system.
    Well, there's nothing wrong with it in the sense that it's broken, not working, etc. It's just that it's inconvenient and has stopped Nintendo from making a more centralized online network in the sense that there's no definite usernames and such.

Of course, that could change easily...

A username system would likely involve monthly fees, since they would need to store them some place. It'd need to be that way so multiple people don't have the same name.

I'm against having a monthly fee console, for online features.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.