Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I see ok thank you izuna and konga for the replies. It seems there's alot to learn about the game that really requires hands on playtime. I do like the level of depth now however. It makes the replay value pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by kongajinken View Post
    Bows work off of TP not ATP. I would say they make good force weapons if they weren't utterly terrible weapons all around.(this coming from a bow lover that really really wanted them to be at least modestly useful)
    You can't stand how slow they are either, huh. I like their Charge Attack, but sadly the higher level the Bullets are the slower they are (at least that's the case in PSU) =(

When my VAnewm was using the Lavis Arrow, it was surprisingly useless in comparison to a Rebellion.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Does R mag use ATA+TP? I know cards are also...cards should have been 3 bullets for all classes, honestly but whatever.

Yeah, I was meaning to ask something similar. How do cards and whips work?
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by THOTH View Post
    Does R mag use ATA+TP? I know cards are also...cards should have been 3 bullets for all classes, honestly but whatever.
    RCSMs? yes

Yeah, I was meaning to ask something similar. How do cards and whips work?
    Whips are like any other melee weapon except terribly weak. They have pretty good range and can hit multiple enemies on swings. The attack speed is pretty bad though.

Cards are a weird ranged weapon. You have to be standing relatively close to the enemy in comparison to say a handgun, but two cards come out from each swing and deal damage. I want to say rangers get three cards per swing.
    Last edited by kongajinken; Jul 23, 2010 at 03:31 PM.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Yep 2 cards for non-rangers, 3 for rangers. They are actually pretty good to restore pp because of the way they work...decent combo builder also. I like them but they are quirky and mech guns may be a better option (especially with mesta charge bullets....)

There's a few times they aren't bad. Non-hunter newmans will find them more damaging than a handgun for an example because of the TP factor.

I've decided that one of my characters will be rocking the whips 'n cards. If anyone has player American McGee's Alice (for the PC from the early 2000s) they would understand why. I'm also definitely going to be using knuckle weapons since I'm crazy about those from when I played Summon Night (for the GBA)...
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Can we all work together and figure out exactly what is the damage calculation for guns? I've heard TOTALLY mixed things from people on these boards, and there's a formula floating around for ATP based guns...which contradicts some early released intensive data crunching that was done on this board.

It has already been posted by Mike. I think on the other thread (What Will You Start With...).

? ATP based gun? All guns benefit from ATP.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Yes, I addressed that. That's the formula I described, but it also goes against some calculations this guy did before, (he said in all of his tests, casts out damage newmans with TP based guns entirely as rangers....and no one's completely certain yet from what I gather that the formula you're talking about is a right one. And there hasn't been TP gun calculations yet either at all (though probably is the same)