Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starcraft2

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    If the "Activision" influence had spread into Blizzard, we'd have seen five new StarCraft games within the past two years, each seeing a release on seven different platforms.
    How about 3 instead.

@ Shattered Weasel: thanks

@Mortalis: i was only finally accepted for the beta july 19th, the day it ended and i didnt see it till the next day so i never got to play it in beta, but ive been waiting for sc2 for over 5 years, this is gonna be awesome

I will be for sure playing Starcraft 2. Haven't visited here for awhile but I was looking fora thread like this.

I'm pretty hooked on MOBA games like League of Legends myself at the moment, but feel free to add me once I get my real ID. I'll be picking up the game at midnight most likely.

It doesn't have near the depth of Brood War in my humble opinion, but it's definitely more "smooth". It's very enjoyable and I think new players will have a great time with it, as opposed to SC1 where it's extremely hardcore and almost everyone is a 200 APM veteran. :P
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered_weasel View Post
    How about 3 instead.
    That's too low of a number of Activision.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered_weasel View Post
    How about 3 instead.
    It's a strange day indeed when people think that a PC game with two planned expansions is somehow abnormal or cheating the consumer.

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    It's a strange day indeed when people think that a PC game with two planned expansions is somehow abnormal or cheating the consumer.
    Expansions are not things that were already in the 1st game that was split apart and charged as much as the original game itself.

Eh. So they're taking two mixed-faction campaigns and breaking them up into three single-faction campaigns. Big whoop.

My understanding is that the campaigns will still be comparable in length, and all the races are available in multiplayer. They aren't doing a great job of explaining it to the player, but it's still pretty much the same thing.

Starcraft 2 is out, and @ outrider, i think all the campaigns are about the same length and all multi-player stuff is each disk, but i dont have the game yet so i don't know for sure (it's reserved and ill be getting it tomorrow most likely) but that was my understanding of it.

I might get it. I might not. Maybe Christmas.
    Coming Soon!

Campaign is incredible so far, but I need to practice ladder so I don't develop bad habits before everyone gets good. Haha!

EDIT: Voice overs could use...a bit of work at times though. >___>
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz