Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

I'm progressing..

Close up:

Classmate 8
    Made another classmate concept. A HUmarl again (for my comic).

Classmate nr. 2 art
    Just some art I made from the Afro-classmate I made some time earlier...

New tools
    I just bought some extra tools!

Copic markers try-out
    Just got my first set of (12) Copic Markers This was a first tryout. I miss a lot of basic colors (I got a light/pastel pack) like red, orange, dark blue, light green, greys, etc, etc.
    It was fun!

I think I will take a few months break from my comic project. Don't worry, I will not abandon the project, I just want to do some other stuff then just working on the comic. Most of all I am trying to sharpen my drawing skills.

I am still having to much trouble with just the basics of drawing (mainly anatomy and perspective). Just by entering the Drawing Jam on CGhub made me realize how much I suck. I also started watching some videos from http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL and in one of the videos the guy compared drawing with solving a math problem. Sometimes you already think you know the answer but you have no clue how you got there and you will try to reverse engineer/guess the whole formula to get to the answer. This is very time consuming and might not even get you the right results. The better way is to actually get to the answer by breaking the formula up in simple parts to get to the correct answer a lot faster.

The same thing can be said about drawing. Usually I just start doodling having almost no clue about that the heck I am actually doing, which results in halve assed stuff that takes huge amounts of my time.

I've already started doing some "life-drawing" exercises using photo's (I guess it's better then nothing). I am also gonna order some good books about anatomy/perspective hoping I will get somewhere

In the mean time you guys can drop some requests again if you feel like.