Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I'm actually going to go with $19.99, as PSU wasn't a very popular game, and that's what semi-unknown games usually go for on Games on Demand.
    Well I got my copy used in perfect condition for $10. So I am hoping that, especially to help convince my friends to start playing.

lmao! and i was JUST thinking about starting 2 play again. so i checked my disc, and it is "too scratched" to download to the harddrive :'( this solves the whole problem xD i think they should do quite a few promo's for this game on the dash board now that its ALL available online
    You're only as good as your ID#
    "You can't spell 'FTW' without 'FT'

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    Yeah, the players have been asking for this for almost 2 years now so it is good to see it happen eventually. Sadly without a constant stream of updates and an advertising campaign the digital distribution will not actually bolster PSU's community though. Hopefully this means that SEGA is ready to support PSU but I won't hold my breath.

Anyone care to guess what the cost will be? My guess is $30.

$15.95 is my guess. It kinda depends though. If they think they can get 19.99 for it they will try. I would be shocked to see it past the twenty dollar price tag. If it is the higher amount I would expect to see the price drop 30-60 days after the digital release. You might see it for 11.99. Who knows?

I have to agree with you that if they don't at least advertise it. At least on Xbox live and SEGA's web site. It will fail to do much of anything for the community. Although its never been done before and I'm not sure how it would be received. And for 100+ reasons it would be unfair to former PC/PS2 players. (If they offered account transfer to Japanese players to come over to the 360 version) Which I'm not sure why they would want to come over considering they are ahead of us. Thats it. Forget it, it was a dumb idea!!

Default PSU on Games on Demand

Just sawthat PSU showed up on Xbox Live Marketpalce Games on Demand for $19.99. (I was hoping for more like $15, or even $10 to get me to come back, and to get some new players. I think $20 will be too much for most to take the leap.)

Cheers!
    Always looking for adults to play online with. If you play games for fun and laughs, without the need to criticize other players, drop me a line.

Xbox Live: MisterCorso ~ Ship 2/Force

Headset Preferred In My Rooms- Thank You!

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Just sawthat PSU showed up on Xbox Live Marketpalce Games on Demand for $19.99. (I was hoping for more like $15, or even $10 to get me to come back, and to get some new players. I think $20 will be too much for most to take the leap.)

Cheers!
    Since AotI is free now $20 is still not too bad. Still, this is a great example of too little way too late. We needed this and the Supplemental Update a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    Since AotI is free now $20 is still not too bad. Still, this is a great example of too little way too late. We needed this and the Supplemental Update a year ago.
    Too late for some, not much for the rest. Population is holding and will only grow from here on and out.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Keep in mind that Xbox live has a huge player base. There's always people who will be browsing the 360 library, come across this game, and become curious. Nearly every player I've came across on the 360 has mentioned that they didn't play any previous Phantasy Star titles, they just decided to try it and stuck with it.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by HyperShot-X- View Post
    Too late for some, not much for the rest. Population is holding and will only grow from here on and out.
    Yes, because playing a 4-year-old game that requires a $10 monthly subscription is what console players do best. [/sarcasm]

Hopefully the 360 servers will get to see the end of the original 5-year plan. At the current rate it will only take SEGA around 7 years to deliver all of that content. Given how Microsoft is killing off every MMO project PSU may still be the only other MMO besides FFXI for the 360 even then. Sadly I doubt the population will ever grow though as PSU is still the same grind that it has always been, and it just keeps getting easier.

So glad this finally all happened. A lot of people have been working very hard for some time now to try and make this a reality, and it's a great success to see the game's availability soar. Edward and the rest of the PSU team put a lot of time in behind the scenes over the last few months to push as hard as they could for this.

I'm personally very optimistic about the potential for population growth thanks to G.O.D, and hopeful that the game will steadily build from here on out.

will online ever be free? possibly sometime soon