Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Default Grow Guard

Not a card I ever really paid much attention to, but how about cards with healing capabilities, or full heal? That would seem to be a nice way of utilizing that card. I've not looked into this yet, but its just something I came up with off the top of my head. Give me time to come up with something solid.

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

i used sange yasha as an example to grow guard already and i already quoted vivis high xp and inolis tech in the first sentence of my last post as well! but if ur gonna use omochao, may as well put all 4 cost techs in ur deck if ur only gonna utilize 1 attack, any sc can accomplish that. n good luck making a solid vivi deck for solo Deadbeard!!!! i want first dibs on fighting it when ur done!!! i wont even make nuthin fancy. il take it with main deck with no alterations! omochao.... reminds me of gigoloboy's megid n grants deck lol. as far as grow guard goes tho its easy to use offline vs coms if u dont mind taking a beating to gain ap. com decks are mostly low cost n spam n sange yasha bein a 10 hp wep and 5 cost, itll survive most anything a com will ever throw at u and u can always equip a 2nd wep to draw def on ur first attack so ur 2nd attack on ur sange yasha is a guarantee drain n gets its hp back. one of the better weps to use grow guard with especially since the sange yasha drain ability paired with hp attack cards has another nice side affect. some grow guards to boost ur ap even more. sure y not! great S rank com bash deck in story mode. for ppl tho... 2 cost 0 hp to def for 1 ap gain a bit icky. online its a bit more respectable of a card (1 cost +1 hp to def, n 1 ap gain) but regardless its great for com bashin S rank wins.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 7, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

Viviana has to reach a +2 dice bonus before her TP tops Glustar's. That's 24 EX, which isn't all that high of a mountin to climb. Rukmin helps a lot if you are able to put it on and keep it on. Rukmin alone gets you the +2 dice bonus in 8 turns. Deduct one turn for every card of your opponent that you manage to destroy along the way.

Not to be lost in the mix is that Rukmin itself is a pretty potent card. 9 HP, 2 AP, and 3 TP. A reasonably durable card with a nice TP bonus to help compensate for the low initial TP. I like to also put on Windmill +. Windmill + gives 3 TP itself, which gives you a nice 7 TP to work with. This is pretty decent power for the early game, and the Windmill + even gives you an extra Move too. This gives you a decent setup without having to count on support cards, but you can certainlly throw on a Charity and take whatever it manges to give you before it gets covered up or wears off.

Once you reach that +2 dice bonus, Viviana really starts to show her power. It's all about reaching that point.

These are the offline stats for Rukmin. Online it was a reduced a bit. But since online has been dead for about 4 years now, offline is what we're talking about anyways. Saddly I never had a chance to try my solo Viviana deck against human opponents. By the time I got the cards to make what I feel is a respectable Vivana deck, online had been shut down. Nonetheless, I feel my current solo Viviana deck could put up a respectable fight. Certainly not unbeatable, but I feel I could put up a good match with her.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Jun 7, 2011 at 01:20 PM.

sure but thats 8 rounds with gimp tp and rukmins just lousy, 3 tp for a 5 coster is just sad u gotta gimp her tp to even get that bonus while someone like glustar equips nuthin but sheer power from the start and u dont gotta waste valuable deck space on assists to compensate. 2 cost wand already on par with rukmin with boith tp and almost on hp too not just that but u gotta hope u get that rukmin on right away cuz she needs xp fast! u cant get that 5 or that card aint in ur hand right away ur gonna be in trouble ne1 seeing vivi on the map as an opponent aint gonna waste netime getting in ur face.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 7, 2011 at 01:33 PM.

That's certainly the advantage of Glustar. Allow me to make a reference to one of my favorite games - Stunt Race FX.

Glustar is like the 4WD vehicle. It has excellent accelleration and a strong body. He starts fast and has a powerful engine. There's no "building up" for Glustar. He is what he is and he's great at what he does. Takes off right out the gate, and stays constant with it's power.

Vivianna is like the F-Type. Slow acceleration, and a bit of a weak body. But once it gets going, it moves quite fast. It takes a bit of work to get it moving without crashing, but it sure is rewarding when you pull it off. And once it does get going there's no catching it.

Ino'lis is like the Coupe. A stable ride.

In a match of 4WD vs. F-Type, the 4WD will be victorious if it can prevent the F-Type from accelerating to it's top speed.

I see it as a "risk & rewards" system. You're taking a risk with Viviana. You're risking that you're going to be able to reach the +2 dice bonus phase. If your risk pays off, you can get quite a pay-out.

With Glu'star, you're going for higher power out of the starting gate. Will that initial higher power win the game for you? It very well could! That F-Type isn't going to beat you if it doesn't get a chance to accelerate!

This is one of the things I like most about Episode 3. There's so many factors in how a match could go. I so wish Online mode wasn't shut down.

vivi in solo is just waaay too high risk for my tastes, u gotta worry about assists n xp costs crap n good rolls n hoping u can put that crap on fast n hoping ur opponent even rolls a 5+ b4 he kills ur charity n ok u got ur 2 dice bonus now r u really gonna stay equipped with that 3 tp mag? oh crap gotta switch gear otherwise ur still behind glustar with ur 2 dice bonus! accomplishing all this in solo is.. well goodluck doing it. I like winning whether im capable of getting xp or not. why use her in solo to place such a high bargain on winning? and 8 rounds in any match is a long time in most battles, especially solo battles which are usually half over at least by this point due to the limited def available. and ill be damned if imma do a stand off against a glustar wearin a 6hp 3tp 5 cost mag. suppose u culd always try n switch to a dark bridge with all that hard earned xp n hope its enuff to turn the match around but again y not just use glustar and accomplish this goal from the start using legacy or sumthin? and no i dont hate or have a grudge against vivi!!! i love her in team battles! the SCs i really wanna know wtf sega was thinking about are Reiz and KC, im absolutely clueless, im also not a guykild fan but ive seen just a few enuff ppl win enuff with his ass, mainly R, n i culdnt help but love seeing that guykild in that tournament n make it as far as they did, that ima leave him alone. ya KC was in that tournament too but he didnt do nething at all! he culda picked a way better option imo.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 7, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Huh? I never said anything about making a vivi solo deck, I was referring to grow guard. Though I must say, offering to go first dibs against me, with a starter deck none the less, isn't very smart. That's like walking up to michael jordan and challenging him to a 1v1 basketball with a volleyball. You know full well its the player, not the deck, that really wins matches in the end. Though 1v1 in this game can cripple even the best with bad rolls.

On another quick note, cranberry, I like lot of what you wrote and agree with a lot of it. I wish this game were still online, you would have undoubtedly been a good person to play against or even with.

Nicely said cranberry. Would a Tp growth deck work with viviana? What that other person said also makes sense but what if you face an arkz player? Why use Glustar as your only exsample? In team battles though you have more of hill to climb and your partner will have to pull a lot of exp for this to work. Also in a solo match there's a lot of factors that could go in to the matc, while glustar would have the clear advantage won't always win.

Also I wish I could play online as well so I could actually use merphos. In addition I'm not even gonna start to argue about Riez.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeard View Post
    On another quick note, cranberry, I like lot of what you wrote and agree with a lot of it. I wish this game were still online, you would have undoubtedly been a good person to play against or even with.
    Aye, it would have been nice to have a match with you. I didn't have the best of cards, but I gained a reputation for using what I had to the best of my ability and always putting up a respectable match.

For teaming together, I think the deck you would have most liked to be teamed with is one I have called "Fruit". It's only item cards were the Delsaber set - 3 of each card, but it was packed to the gills with defense cards. The deck could protect you from just about anything and against even the toughest of opponents this deck could hold on for a long time. You would have liked having it on your side. The EX bonus we got when the shield finally was destroyed was always nice too.

Aww nobody wants to comment on TP growth items. Oh well, guess I just expected too much from the noble Cranberry.