Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

shes good in team play play if she truly has a purpose in solo that can overcome glustars power or inolis' tech spam please enlighten me
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

Did you read this topic? It has most of the points said. But if offline solo against COMs, it honestly doesn't matter since COMs are dumb anyways.

While solo Viviana is incomparable to tech damage compared to Glustar or the effectiveness with using multiple techs as Ino'lis, she's stellar on long games, which is the point of using her - maintain a long battle so she can get a high EX boost. While Ino'lis and Glustar are offense-oriented, Viviana is defense-oriented.

Sacrificing various cards in favor of Assist Cards is not a necessity (as seen earlier in this thread), but will raise her EX fairly well depending how you approach getting the EX; for example, Dice Fever/Charity approach (you have to set Charity on yourself) is an instant 4 EXP each time when it comes your turn; Dice Fever will guarantee you to set a Rukmin as well on your next turn which means after that, if everything goes smoothly, your next turn you will have a +7 EX boost already (2 on your opponent's turn for rolling two 5's, 2 from your own dice rolls, 3 from Rukmin). That means in 3 turns, you would have received an EX boost +1, again, assuming everything goes out correctly; by 4 turns, you would have received EX boost +2, etc. And again, this is all if you want to take this approach; there are many other different approaches as well.

Certainly, a small field will create problems for Viviana (especially so if you get low dice rolls), but you would have known that before hand anyways with any character that has 2 MV space; generally, if your items somehow do get destroyed (not intentionally obviously), then it's an advantage for you since it means you could use Requiem and Bequeath. Depending if you like Bequeath or not, you could get somewhere between 1-3 EX for most items being destroyed; Rukmin would gain you +4 EX if Bequeath is used on it when it is destroyed. Requiem is number of items destroyed x2 so that adds up pretty fast. Most cases, a shield would be set by the end of your next turn which would reduce the attacks to it only; only in the absolute worst case scenario where you can't set anything will you be in trouble (although this would apply to any character and not just Viviana).

Anyways I'm moving off the point now so I'll stop. tl;dr - Viviana is meant for defense and prolong games for solo; if you want offense fast games, Glustar and Ino'lis top her significantly.

thats all i was tryin to say outside of team play xp gain is slow n battles r long, if u like to take ur sweet time in solo i suppose she's a winner

That was not what you said; what you said was that there was "no point in using her solo"; only true if against COMs, not valid if against a real person. Often times, slow battles with Viviana are actually effective, especially when she starts taking off with the EX and is capable of utilizing the dice bonus.

Or maybe when you say "solo" you mean offline story mode? I honestly can't tell.

ppl that use creature decks with assists or assist vanishes n dice pluses, which is a big part of the games population, they just gonna cover up her assists, shes too weak n risky to use, by the time she gets enuff xp to beat glustars power the match gona b over, win or lose. i suppose shes ok for coms if u really wanna use her, no threat there. and yes i mean solo vs ppl, coms are irrelevant in this game can use whatever u please against com. vivi in team play on the other hand can be nasty, between a team u can use things like heavy fogs, n charitys, dice fever, or dice plus if ur using epsilon strat and maybe legacy n dark bridge depending on how ur teams set up, and between two ppl settin up assists u can work together then lock em in with cards like assistless. doing all this and keeping assists active is very hard to do in solo vs ppl, and u waste so many action pts on assists just to have em covered is just begging for a loss
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; May 31, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

I'm not sure what kind of people you play against but the people I played against don't use Assist Cards much, except for the usual ones such as Dice+1 and situation strategy ones such as Fly, Flatland or Permission, not Assist Vanish (frankly I find that's a worthless card on its own so I don't see how anyone can think about using it). Either way, just as they could replace Assist Cards on your own, so can you replace their Assist Cards (this serves a plus to you too since that disrupts their strategy). Generally, you won't need to be bothered with them being replaced anyways, especially since Requiem is a one time use item, you're almost certain to be using it at some point and will draw again eventually.

I think you're overestimating how much Assist Cards you will actually need a Viviana deck. I mean, what is this nonsense about needing to fill up the deck with Assist Cards? Most solo decks don't need more than five and that includes Viviana too, even for Dice Fever/Charity approach. Let me tell you right now that until you come to actually think logically about this and bring something up other than "overloading ATK points for useless Assist", what you're saying now has really no meaning because you're both exaggerating and you're assuming false details. Start thinking about the other components and then come back to me.

im speaking from personal experience.. many ppl use dice plus 1, and dark n machine decks with mine brightness n ruin darkness cards, or some matter of assist cards. assist vanish is an excellent card. shuts down all assists on field for 1 cost, they use dice plus one n waste 3 pts, and assist vanish just use up that 1 cost bonus point to kill it, kiss that 7 coster goodbye or that dice fever or that whatever theyre trying to use. 1 point to kill em all. aint trying to argue with ya just trying to have a lil debate is all. i culd never use vivi in solo and ive already suggested why. how much more logical can i get
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; May 31, 2011 at 07:45 PM.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of people you play against but the people I played against don't use Assist Cards much, except for the usual ones such as Dice+1 and situation strategy ones such as Fly, Flatland or Permission, not Assist Vanish (frankly I find that's a worthless card on its own so I don't see how anyone can think about using it). Either way, just as they could replace Assist Cards on your own, so can you replace their Assist Cards (this serves a plus to you too since that disrupts their strategy). Generally, you won't need to be bothered with them being replaced anyways, especially since Requiem is a one time use item, you're almost certain to be using it at some point and will draw again eventually.

I think you're overestimating how much Assist Cards you will actually need a Viviana deck. I mean, what is this nonsense about needing to fill up the deck with Assist Cards? Most solo decks don't need more than five and that includes Viviana too, even for Dice Fever/Charity approach. Let me tell you right now that until you come to actually think logically about this and bring something up other than "overloading ATK points for useless Assist", what you're saying now has really no meaning because you're both exaggerating and you're assuming false details. Start thinking about the other components and then come back to me.
    Splash, you're way out of your league here. The person you're debating with here is a battle hardened veteran who knows her stuff, and you trying to diminish the validity of her claims with your fancy phrasing won't work either, and before you fire off at me, bring body armor, and lots of it. All she was trying to say is that viviana is at a serious disadvantage in solo matches, and if I have to explain why, then I'm wasting my time here altogether. You live in this perfect, theoretical world where you seem to think you'll have the perfect rolls and cards in your hand at any given time, and none of your opponents will have any say-so in the matter, better think again. Vivi needs exp, and fast. And if you seriously believe just using requiem and bequeath is enough to do the job, you're wrong. Assist cards are a must for any vivi solo deck. If you're using 5 points to set a dice fever and yowhat? 2 or 3 points to set charity, and all its gonna take me is 1 point to spoil your plans with a assist vanish card, come now, need I say more? For you to call assist vanish a useless card brings a big smile to my face, because its people like you who can't think outside the box that made my time with ep3 a pure joy.

The people she played against were people who knew what they were doing. Better players understood the usefulness of assist cards, and planned every deck they created to be ready for anything that might come their way. I've downed more human players than anyone else in the history of this game, so I think I might know what I'm talking about here. Ill end it off like this, viviana shines in team battles, but not so much in solo because of the unconventional approach you have to take towards building your deck just to take advantage of her abilities, and actually staying alive long enough to bear the fruits of all that hard work.
    Last edited by Deadbeard; May 31, 2011 at 08:08 PM.

Default Whoa Dood!

DB don't go crazy on the ignorant. Tis' a shame we can't show em how foolish the pigheaded are, since ep3 went down. But serious calm down, or this is in your future.

If ep3 every comes up again we can school the fools, but until then can you ignore the ones who are a waste of space?

P.S. You still owe me a one-on-one duel

this guy splash is as helpful as this.
    Last edited by MikeSoAwesome; May 31, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Awesomeness is an ability that is learned but cannot be taught, do not try to surpass that which you could never even percieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeard View Post
    Splash, you're way out of your league here. The person you're debating with here is a battle hardened veteran who knows her stuff, and you trying to diminish the validity of her claims with your fancy phrasing won't work either, and before you fire off at me, bring body armor, and lots of it. All she was trying to say is that viviana is at a serious disadvantage in solo matches, and if I have to explain why, then I'm wasting my time here altogether. You live in this perfect, theoretical world where you seem to think you'll have the perfect rolls and cards in your hand at any given time, and none of your opponents will have any say-so in the matter, better think again. Vivi needs exp, and fast. And if you seriously believe just using requiem and bequeath is enough to do the job, you're wrong. Assist cards are a must for any vivi solo deck. If you're using 5 points to set a dice fever and yowhat? 2 or 3 points to set charity, and all its gonna take me is 1 point to spoil your plans with a assist vanish card, come now, need I say more? For you to call assist vanish a useless card brings a big smile to my face, because its people like you who can't think outside the box that made my time with ep3 a pure joy.

The people she played against were people who knew what they were doing. Better players understood the usefulness of assist cards, and planned every deck they created to be ready for anything that might come their way. I've downed more human players than anyone else in the history of this game, so I think I might know what I'm talking about here. Ill end it off like this, viviana shines in team battles, but not so much in solo because of the unconventional approach you have to take towards building your deck just to take advantage of her abilities, and actually staying alive long enough to bear the fruits of all that hard work.
    First, I don't need body armor thanks. If you want to say something, I'll listen and then respond. But I'm not going to be harsh about it, regardless if you want to insult me on my ignorance or not.

That said, her original claim was not because "Viviana is disadvantageous"; that was not the words she used. What she said was that Viviana had "no point" as a soloist because of Glustar and Ino'lis, in her very own words "no real point to use her in solo". I'm arguing that there is a point, for what I said originally that she is defense-oriented. That was how I interpreted it, and thus that was how I responded. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that Viviana is a mediocre character; I'm disagreeing with her claim that Viviana doesn't have a point. I'll make that absolutely clear.

Or maybe my reading comprehension sucks. Take your pick.

Assist Vanish takes 1 ATK point to remove an Assist Card on the field but in my head, that's almost saying the same thing as using an Assist Card to replace the Assist Card and serve an advantage for yourself; either way would have disrupted Viviana's strategy, so why not just do that instead? And before you say the cost, fine I'll acknowledge that but frankly, it matters little to me.

inb4 you tell me I have no clue what I'm saying for having said that. Regardless, that's irrelevant to the point at hand and if you want to say something, fine, but I'm going to leave it aside regardless of your reaction to it.

Yes, what I'm describing is a "perfect world" scenario but frankly, I didn't want to have go through such examples until she started claiming "oh but Viviana needs to sacrifice many cards for assist cards". My point in doing that is that Viviana does a point, even if the point is different than the usual TP stack from Glustar or multiple tech attack from Ino'lis. It's one thing to be truthful; it's another thing when it starts becoming overexaggeration.

Or maybe my reading interpretation just sucks again. Who knows? But that's the feeling I'm getting out of this. Take your pick again.

Frankly, what you said was the perfect way of putting it in words; it's something I could agree on since it is neither exaggerating nor skimpy on words; in other words, it's blunt and direct and that's how her phrasing should have been in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSoAwesome View Post
    By the way, cool video.
    Last edited by Splash; May 31, 2011 at 09:58 PM.