Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Non-Elemental Weapons ans Armor

Hey there I am kind of a noob, I started playing during the "Shred the Darkness event, so I have a couple characters 130+, but I have never really had much of the game explained, the people that got me started just bought me a pallet gave me some meseta and baby-sat me until i reached lv 20, then cut me loose, they don't play anymore so I have nowhere to turn for education, anyway I have rambled enough already, my question is...

I see alot of high level players buying and selling non-elemental weapons and armor, Why? I was under the impression i should be looking for 50%'s?

Everyone has a different style. Some feel that having a neutral weapon gets rid of the hassle of having to carry different weapons or change them all the time. I call it laziness personally, as the time spent changing to a good matchup shaves off that time + more doing a run

I really don't have a problem with Neutral weapons/armor when it comes down to it, though. (some even look nice in green)

sometimes neutral gear is good if you cant afford every weapon in every element. i also used some neutral ones when leveling my fighter alt just cause i was leveling fast and i didnt wanna buy elemental ones when i would just be outgrowing them in a few hours and replacing them with better ones

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

ok, there are a few situation in the game where neutral weapons are useful.

1. neutral enemies - the only thing affecting the weapon is number of grinds. Since weapon synth is more likely to be successful if you use "photons" which means more weapons to grind

2. Kagajibari - he changes his attack based on the element that you use. This enemy is light, so you might be inclined to use dark...except he will fire high-level Megid at players and can use Megiverse, even while moving

3. If a secondary propery of a weapon outweighs it's elemental usefulness. Right now there are a few weapons in the game (x360) that are only drop whole, not synth boards. If you can't find/buy a good % weapon, then losing a low% is not that big a deal

Lightning weapons are actually more useful for fighting Kagajibari if you aren't Fighmaster, since the Zonde is practically harmless. If you are FI/FM, high % dark Spiral Dance til death.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

The zonde element does not help in damaging "Kaji" though - I guess shock is better than sleep.

WT can now use doublesabers too, apparently. On spiral dance, one question: is it that this PA stunlocks the Kagajibari otherwise, the megidx5 tends to annoy other players...

Spiral dance immobilizes it via continuous stun lock. I actually meant to erase FI from my last post, but I somehow ended up keeping it included without thinking about it. FI/WT might be fast enough but it's really close between combo 3 and restarting the next combo 1; it's easy with FM.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

yeah, ok, maybe not then. I don't run w any FMs. Including myself.

idiotic cast fightgunner that cast named kai's Avatar
    *looks around* lying dead in some random mission

i have the to say the, mostly i use a weapon for is when it come to something like a single saber or dagger (specifically deva-zashi and tiga ragan, since i like the effects on them as well as it saves space than to carry 6 of each)

i do wear armor because i am lazy and cheap it lets me have one armor for all my needs for character while having more space to pick up rares, for most part you often dodge a lot of hits depending or class and playstyle, so unless you are a close range tanker like a FF or FM it not as big to have a high %
    sorry to inform you but i just died.
    mind loaning me a few a scape dolls?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

But you don't have to carry 6 of each. You have a common box, use it! It's even easier now than ever before.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums