Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Sankyuu for the comments! :3

I am indeed quite capable of channeling Ethan's derp. Works magnificiently for posing.

A gajillion thanks to Jonboy for his shoops and, moreso, for his epic camera skills-- these pics wouldn't look even half as good without him. :3

I know I held the saber in my left hand-- but the thing's made of wood, and is pretty heavy to do cool poses with. I'm left-handed, so I needed that extra arm strength. XP
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

DAGGERS OF SERAFI, OH GAWD PLZ! xD By the way, where did you guys go to make those outfits? Did you make em yourselves or did you order them o,o? I'd like to know a price range.

We said at the beginning of the thread that most of the work was done by will's mum (as she has a sewing machine and a bit of past experience with making clothes), and sorry, but i doubt she's taking commissions. I know there's an ethan costume for sale online, but the material looks cheap and shiny for the price, like it's made out of plastic.

If you have any experience with a sewing machine and basic clothing patterns, I'd suggest you try to buy some clothing patterns of the right type and adapt it. With the right material your costume will look more believable. That's what we went for. All the ribbons and extra parts (such as the round things on my hips) are all secured by velcro and poppers so they can be removed for washing.
    I need to fix up the material on the front of my costume before next year, it's a type of satin for that shiny reflective look, and it's a bit fragile. Fragile + rough surfaced gun? eek! There's also lots of little details i need to add to my costume, such as the collar pattern and other things.

While i love the daggers of serafi, they might be a bit too fragile for convention purposes! The guns are nice and blocky, they can take a few hits. I'll see what we can do and afford.

If I remember well (and I probably don't.) the materials for the individual outfits went into the 100 dollar range, not counting props. That's kind of cheap money-wise for a quality costume-- the catch is just how much work went into making it. That would cost quite a bit, and I can't even begin to fathom the overall price range.

The saber cost me maybe 40-50 bucks to make, and I had to use some connections to get my plan for it to work (the ...handle-- the wooden section, was cut in half after being sculpted-- due to its size you need a certain type of saw to do it straight and do it right).

The handgun, being originally a 10 buck nerf gun, was improved by lights and overall cost 20 dollars. The shotgun cost maybe 10 bucks for the foam, and 5 for its light.
    SO!
    Ethan Waber : 100$+50$+20$ = 170$+countless hours of sowing work + a ton of wounds from woodcarving.
    Karen Erra : 100$ + 15$=115$ + even MORE hours of sowing work than the Ethan costume.
    So, carried by 5, divided by 0... ....They're both priceless.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

Oops sorry, I forgot it was already mentioned how you got your costumes. Thanks for the info and yes I meant total prices for gathering materials. c: Doesn't seem pricey as expected!

parts of my costume were secondhand as well, that brought down costs. my gloves i found on ebay for about five pounds, i trimmed off the ends of the fingers and adapted them from there. my shoes i found in a second-hand shop and they were below $10, same for the vests i wear under the jacket. socks? three pounds. ribbons, buttons and other knickknacks are all from dollar stores or second hand shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Nonheim View Post
    overall cost 20 dollars. The shotgun cost maybe 10 bucks for the foam, and 5 for its light.
    You forgot the fiberglass sheets (nearly 30 a pop, but suffices for many props) and a can of resin (about 10-15$, but I already had one)

Still a very good overall price, material-wise. The biggest expense is the effort itself... but it's also very rewarding

Those blade weapons came out absolutely amazing. Thats very well classy!

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Anyone know where to get Ethan's red shoes?

I will light you UP!

we bought a pair of shoes that were about the right shape, and painted them to the correct colours.