Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Brand new English trailer.

Looks good, narrator could've been better though.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Some brand new info on Aya and the story was released in this weeks issue of Dengeki.

Read the article here: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...club_sacrifice

The 3rd Birthday is also confirmed to be released in JPN winter 2010, with a European release set in 2011. Most likely, the US will get it in 2011 as well. This makes me super-duper exicited about the game. X3

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Personally, I think the PSP needs to hurry up and die. It's been a sinking ship for years. Stop bailing water and let it go already.
    Bullshit. The PSP has made Sony a steady stream of income, despite the massive pirating problems. It has seen major releases from both sides of the pond from large franchises and well known studios. Its single handedly responsible for the revival of the Monster Hunter series.
    The only time the PSP is going to be let go is when the PSP2 comes out.

You portable gaming haters just need to learn to deal with it.
    Mexican Food is Best Food

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Mute City View Post
    Bullshit. The PSP has made Sony a steady stream of income, despite the massive pirating problems. It has seen major releases from both sides of the pond from large franchises and well known studios. Its single handedly responsible for the revival of the Monster Hunter series.
    The only time the PSP is going to be let go is when the PSP2 comes out.

You portable gaming haters just need to learn to deal with it.
    The DS has a commanding 70% market share and a vastly superior library of critically acclaimed games.

The PSP continues to get punished at retail and took half a decade to amass the number of top tier titles it should have had after 18 months.

You may think the PSP is great, but the rest of the world disagrees. Fact.

The DS has a commanding 70% market share and a vastly superior library of critically acclaimed games.

The PSP continues to get punished at retail and took half a decade to amass the number of top tier titles it should have had after 18 months.

You may think the PSP is great, but the rest of the world disagrees. Fact.
    The PSP has sold ~60mil units world wide. To compare, the GBA sold about 80mil units. For Sony's first foray into the handheld market I'd hardly call that a failure.
    The PSP isn't doing DS numbers, but get this no other console is either. Would you call the 360 a failure because its not selling like the DS?
    Your opinion ≠ fact. Back it up with some numbers big boy, then we'll talk.

First, don't compare sales numbers between consoles and handhelds; they're vastly different markets. Keep apples with apples and oranges with oranges.

The PSP has sold 60m, yes. However, the DS has sold over 132m and is outselling the PSP nearly 4:1 worldwide as of last week. The PSP is losing ground, and quickly at that.

The PSP's biggest issue is lack of support. The DS and PSP hit retail at roughly the same time, yet the DS library is roughly 1300 games to the PSP's 600. Furthermore, PSP games draw less revenue. Adding the sales figures from the top five selling games for PSP and DS, copies sold are 13m to 99m respectively. In fact, the single top selling DS game, Nintendogs (23m), has sold more than the top ten PSP games combined. It's not just a small margin of victory. The PSP is getting curb stomped.

I hope that's enough numbers for you.

Just because the PSP is a commercial dud doesn't mean that Sony should disappear from the handheld landscape forever. They need to go back to the drawing board and fix the mistakes made with the PSP. I'd like to see a PSP2, but the PSP needs to die first. Similarly, MS's entry into the console market with the original Xbox wasn't a huge success, but that experience enabled them to be more competitive with the 360.

First, don't compare sales numbers between consoles and handhelds; they're vastly different markets. Keep apples with apples and oranges with oranges.

The PSP has sold 60m, yes. However, the DS has sold over 132m and is outselling the PSP nearly 4:1 worldwide as of last week. The PSP is losing ground, and quickly at that.

The PSP's biggest issue is lack of support. The DS and PSP hit retail at roughly the same time, yet the DS library is roughly 1300 games to the PSP's 600. Furthermore, PSP games draw less revenue. Adding the sales figures from the top five selling games for PSP and DS, copies sold are 13m to 99m respectively. In fact, the single top selling DS game, Nintendogs (23m), has sold more than the top ten PSP games combined. It's not just a small margin of victory. The PSP is getting curb stomped.

I hope that's enough numbers for you.

Just because the PSP is a commercial dud doesn't mean that Sony should disappear from the handheld landscape forever. They need to go back to the drawing board and fix the mistakes made with the PSP. I'd like to see a PSP2, but the PSP needs to die first. Similarly, MS's entry into the console market with the original Xbox wasn't a huge success, but that experience enabled them to be more competitive with the 360.
    You're calling the PSP a commercial dud, which it isn't. Once again, there is no other piece of gaming hardware that has sold like the DS has sold. So the PSP isn't a record breaking machine like the DS, does that mean its a failure? No, it doesn't. Its done very well for itself in markets across the world. Its not a sinking ship, its just not a titanic. Its a modest success, considering Nintendo has had portables on lockdown for decades. PSP games draw enough revenue for Squeenix and other major developers to continue supporting it with entries in major franchises like God of War, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, and more. I don't see how you can call it a failure.
    It seems like your logic is that it isn't the top dog in the market, so its auto-fail. I just don't get it.

It's no surprise that God of War, Kingdom Hearts, and MGS all have iterations on PSP. They all began as Sony franchises, and major iterations will probably remain that way. There are certainly offshoots on other platforms (KH 358/2 Days, MGS: Rising, etc.) but proper numbered sequels will most likely stay on Sony systems.

Maybe I'm just competitive by nature, but I don't define scraping by and developers flocking to my competitor's platform as a 'modest success'.

It's no surprise that God of War, Kingdom Hearts, and MGS all have iterations on PSP. They all began as Sony franchises, and major iterations will probably remain that way. There are certainly offshoots on other platforms (KH 358/2 Days, MGS: Rising, etc.) but proper numbered sequels will most likely stay on Sony systems.

Maybe I'm just competitive by nature, but I don't define scraping by and developers flocking to my competitor's platform as a 'modest success'.

Well bro, theres obviously no changing your mind. But regardless of what you think, there is still a nice list of games coming to the sinking ship that is the PSP. So either developers have a deathwish, or the PSP must be doing something right, regardless of the fact that they're just scraping by as you say.

Not to interrupt Mute's complete misunderstanding of the importance of software sales over hardware sales in the videogame industry, but...

I figured it was worth linking to this article about how good sales of the 3rd Birthday could lead to a return to the PS3 for the Parasite Eve series:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/19/ki...nchise-to-ps3/

Joystiq hypothesizes that Kitase might be referring to just bringing the first two Parasite Eve games to PSN, but uh... there's absolutely no reason the included quote would be suggesting that instead of a new entry. So yeah, as usual, don't actually read Joystiq for their insight, writing, or general ability as journalists.