Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Overkill

Default PC Overkill

Hiya all,

Just thought i'd post a message about my excitement at upgrading my PC tomorrow on payday, i'm going to be ordering the Sapphire Toxic 4GB 5970 Graphics Card to replace my current 5770 Crossfire setup.

It is indeed overkill but i'm looking forward to getting it xD Even though I will be quite financially broke for the rest of the month

Tifa

Holy crap, shipping must cost more than the product.
    Lol.

How much does it cost?

Hiya,

It's £749.99 and only £9 shipping for next day delivery It might make my PSU go pop, but apparently I got enough.

Tifa
    Last edited by AOI_Tifa_Lockhart; Aug 26, 2010 at 05:53 AM.

Two year warranty on a GPU that goes for at least a grand?
    Your case must be pretty fucking huge to fit that monster.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

This is true but it runs around 41 degrees celcius under full load so that shouldn't affect the longevity of it, unlike the 480's which can run well over 80 degrees celsius under full load. Considering its size this doesn't have that huge a power consumption under load ~450W. I got a feeling this will last a long time, it overclocks quite well...not that it'd be needed. And I measured up my case and it'll fit fine...well after removing a few of the HDD cages. but thats ok cos my solid state drives are alot smaller than regular HDD's and take up less space

Tifa

Damn man that's a lot of money, I hope it lasts you like 10 years! Jeeeeesus!
    Very cheap shipping too! I'd expect it to be free or nearly free costing that much!

I'm sure by the time his warranty is up that GPU will be totally outdated. Or at the very least mass produced since it's only a thousand units or such being made.

Also what the hell at that thing only needing 450w I think thats less then my GeForce GTX 275

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I really hope it's not being used solely for PSU of all things. :X

Don't do that, wait a few months.
    ATI is going to release a new series of cards around October~November, the 6000 series.
    They're new dual chip card probably won't be released first, but it's still scheduled for 2010.
    http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/gra...comes-from-ati
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Aug 26, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Buying ultra-high end components and expecting them to keep up is almost always a mistake. Hardware and demand for more resources (memory mostly) accelerate too quickly for any component to stay relevant for long. A regular update schedule will keep you ahead of the curve for less money.
    Last edited by amtalx; Aug 26, 2010 at 09:16 AM.