Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default debuffs thoughts

so guys way is your take on debuffs i got my buffs all past 41 and was thinking of doing debuff is it worth the time and effort or should i just pass all together

I never really played force but I think debuffs are worth it, that is my thoughts.

That, is a Secret!
    Xellos -Beast-Level 160 ForteFighter 20 | Xanatos -Cast-Level 77 FighGunner 13
    Golgo 13 -Cast-Level 58 ForteGunner 8 | Kuno -Human-Level 42 AcroFighter 5

u leveled mine up on my AT. my friend who plays a fighmaster says he notices the difference. i leveled them on scarred planet C. keep restarting till you get the spawn of 6 go bajilas i think it is, and just go in there with a pallet of your highest PP weapons, and mash away, recharge and repeat.(helps if you have like picture in picture, i dont but some ppl do. or watch a movie or something while you do it) i didnt do them all at once either, just a bit at a time

Just lvl them just to lvl them. They all have no real use. There is always something better you could be doing 99.9999% of the time.

As an AT, I don't bother with debuffs. I've ran with people who have maxed debuffs and I've noticed the damage dropoff from their attacks and the additional damage from ours really wasn't all that much. It's handy for tagging enemies for experience but when they die in ten seconds anyway, you're better off spamming Ra- techs or using the whip to tag everyone.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

let them work on bosses

It is my understanding that debuffs have more of an impact than buffs when it comes to damage increases etc..

I have no evidence and I'm not willing to put in any time researching this folley.
    NiceOnes

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by NiceOnes View Post
    It is my understanding that debuffs have more of an impact than buffs when it comes to damage increases etc..

I have no evidence and I'm not willing to put in any time researching this folley.
    This is 100% wrong.

Casting debuffs actually reduces damage from the simple fact that you need to reapply the debuff every time a new group of enemy spawns. The time spent casting could be used to attack and results in lost damage. Likewise a buff only needs to be appliedonce every ~5 minutes and will increase the damage for that entire duration.

The only use of a debuff is to tag an enemy and gain experience without having to actually do anything. There are cases during events where an enemy has buffed stats and a debuff might be used but these rarely happen. Overall debuffs are 99.99999% worthless. If you disagree then feel free to use actual facts to upport your claim (I could use a good laugh).

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Debuffs are semi useful now that everyone is super high leveled and overpowered.

Fastest way to tag things before they instantly die.

Solo, small party or weak party, there's no reason to use them really.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Going completely against the trend in all ways, I used the lv1 Masterforce debuffs (Jellen) on some Svaltus in Roar of Flames when it was out. Together with a buff pill, it went from being a 1 hit kill to 2 hits for the megistaride alone, to being able to tank ~3 hits before going down.

Jellen is nice for saving the scape dolls if you're underpowered in an area. Not every character is in that neat little window between the last level cap and the current one.

Zalure has a higher percentage decrease on enemy DFP than Shifta has on your ATP, but ATP matters more since it's almost always given a multiplier (element, exact attack, PA, or all three) while DFP (and indeed most enemy attacks using the same formulae the other way round) have no such considerations. Also DFP sucks. 4 DFP to take 1 point less damage? Taking 400 points of DFP away from an enemy means 100 more damage per attack. Noticeable only on shotguns really, and even then the shotgun user gets more mileage out of GAS element boosts, whenever they come in.