Page 203 of 391 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203204205206213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3902

FOmar had a boost to Gi techs. Unfortunately, Gifoie kinda sucked back then since it was so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Waki Miko Syamemaru! View Post
    I just hope Forces are generally made usefull in this expansion. Is it just me or do Forces seem...rage inducing?
    Nope. The only time I ever hated playing Force in this game was on my first save when I was a newbie. Corrupted save later and I have all of the knowledge I need to gimp every enemy into oblivion. I can definitely see why it frustrates others though.

I love Force on PSP2. It is the hardest class to play, but the most fun. I am a Force for Life ^_^.
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

SEGA has a bad pattern of either making something too weak or too strong to 'balance' stuff. I'd say the best chance we've got is a moderately OP Force class.

-Wayu

Now that i have the English version, i tried to remake my force from the JP version and quit halfway through the first tutorial story mission with Emilia out of sheer fustration.

They are, without a doubt, a completely broken class. They are too slow for their damage output, and likewise their damage output far underweighs their innate weak stats.

Rangers are faster and more efficient at dealing Elemental damage. The moment the Double Chargeshot for the Ranger class was developed, almost all use for the Force class was shamelessly tossed out the window. There is nothing technics are good for.

SEGA doesn't balance this class because they're afraid to. Im not going to lie -- this isn't an easy class to balance, only because of the retarded way the Technic system works in the first place. Also, they seem to have the balance between "potential" and "practicality" very, very, VERY off. For instance, Forces in PSU technically had a very good damage output. But whats the use of being able to do Billions of damage if you're only doing 1 damage to a billion enemies with thousands of HP? Sure, forces in this game can get the highest damage in the instance of a highly chained enemy, but 1) they chain the absolute slowest in the game, 2) can BARELY hold a chain on an enemy, 3) run out of PP way before the chain needs to be completed, and 4) have the most absolute unreliable means of attacking in this game. Being able to achieve the damage cap means absolutely nothing, because it's never going to happen in a practical situation. Ever.

Balancing the speed, range, and damage of the technics is great and all, but in all truth the Technics themselves need to change. 3-swing combo isnt really helping much, and this whole Square/Triangle mapping system is absolutely absurd. I think they should balance the system out, and add a Charge system to the technics that gives it Just Attack/Chargeshot increases on the damage as well as Chain Ending damage. In other words, holding down the button while casting the technic gives it Chain Ending properties. PSU forces were always more crippled in versatility than PSO forces thanks to Weapon Binding, but PSP2 just completely shat on whatever useful combination you could have with your setups. And now, you have to only have 2 technics on a Rod to block with them? Uhh...no, Forces aren't getting any better with this expansion. Unless Rod's allow me to make bitches sit down and STFU like they're supposed to now.

Yeah, SEGA is absolutely terrible at balancing anything. Either they're going to be completely useless, or completely OP. Either that, or only halfway decent at max stats and equipment...which is the same as completely useless.

And i think they need to reprogram how Photon Arts work, too. The main reason Photon Arts so easily become OP is because whatever % Damage Boost the Photon Art gets is mapped to the ENTIRE animation, which is completely retarded. Each individual hit should have its own damage modifier on it, so shit like Majarra, Dus Skaad and Blade Destruction aren't so fucking OP. Because they most definitely are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Necris Process View Post
    FOmar had a boost to Gi techs. Unfortunately, Gifoie kinda sucked back then since it was so slow.
    lol, Gifoie was my most used spell at higher levels. It expanded the entire room at times and stayed on the field for ages. Enemies would approach me or spawn and get hit by like 6 fireballs. Gifoie was farrr from suck.

Gibarta, on the other hand.....
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Nov 23, 2010 at 02:07 PM.

I just got home and haven't gone through this yet. But it talks about importing your character from PSP2 > PSP2i (demo or full) and you get 5 fusion codes

Spoiler!

Importing

Psp2i (Demo) >>> PSP2i (Full) All data transfers
    PSP2 (Full) >>> PSP2i ( DEMO or Full) All data transfers and you get Five Fusion Codes
    PSP1 (Full) >>> PSP2i (DEMO or Full) Works the same way in previous (psp2). You get just the IXAM (Exam) and 1 aura
    PSU >>> PSP2i (Demo or Full) Works the same way as before since PSP2. You get IXAM and 1 aura.

Extend Code Infinity: I can grind a favorite weapon again... HMMmm
    Weapon Synthesis System: The Spotlight is obscuring text... (When the same mutual weapons are synthesized?) I can increase the attribute rate of a weapon.
    Fusion codes: These items are needed for weapon synthesis.
    Planet Treasure: Scattered across (Gurhal?) I can collect planet treasure and trade them for rare items.
    Common storage box limit increased from 1000 to 2000.
    Racial Restrictions Abolished: The feature where certain races can wear exclusive hairstyles and clothes/parts, is now abolished.

*This sentence can confuse a player new to PSPo2i, because they might think they can wear Cast parts.
    On 2ch there were people talking about fleshies wearing cast parts..

I read a nice post on 2ch that broke down this information.

1. Extend Code Infinity: It is probably used after you used Extend Code on your weapon. So you could grind Extended weapons.
    2. Weapon Synthesis: It's not weapon A + weapon B = Weapon C. It is Weapon A + Weapon A = Weapon A with increased attribute percentage.
    3. With the exception of cast parts, the clothes and hairstyles with racial restriction are no more. This was discussed in this thread a while back.

Now this post said stuff I can't even verify because I don't have the pictures...
    The demo has a level cap of 100 and type level cap of 20. What happens to those above this level is unknown.) unverified**

Another post said
    Demo is available January unverified**

From 2ch
    Last edited by WBMike; Nov 23, 2010 at 08:39 PM.

The thing that annoys me most with the square/triangle system is that it really doesn't work for Forces. You have to be able to use whatever Technic you want as Force without worrying about chains/braiking chains. All Technics fulfill a different role and limiting one (two on a rod) to a chain breaker limits the way forces can play very much in my opionion.
    Example, you have Foie on the triangle and Gifoie on the square. Now what happens if a single enemy appear, you either have to have a different wand were Foie isn't on triangle, but even this gets annoying, because what else would you use against a single target ice enemy to break the chain then? If Foie is on the triangle you won't be able to make a chain.
    This is just one of many examples.

Fighters and Gunners don't have this problem, as both benefit from the triangle as they both get "extra" attacks in photon arts and charge shots. But Forces on the other hand have to give up a slot and in some way an attacking option.

The next problem is of forces being slow and weak. I don't even understand why they took out the quick units in PSP2. I know there are Force abilities that speed up technics from a certain element. But again, you will have to give up slots which you could use for PP etc.
    So either they should make forces faster or stronger or a little bit of both.

Next would be pp.
    I would actually find it better if pp would also depend on class and not just on your race. Hm, maybe have the pp stat increase with certain lv ups (lv 30, 50, 70 etc.).
    Because for both ranger and force the pp are just too small.
    If not this, then technics (aswell as bullets) shouldn't take up so much pp. This to me is very important, because if I want to play Ranger or Force, I want to do just that and not have to use Hunter weapons because I'm running out of pp. This makes me very very annoyed.

Either way, SEGA/Sonic Team/whatever seem to overlook the most obvious things and seem like all they can do is overpower meele with is already strong enough.
    They make Forces worse every game and then add things like Blade Destruction. Uah.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

When's psp2i demo come out?
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

I don't mind running out of pp. The intial day of 1st getting PSP2 i got destroyed a bunch. But after awhile I picked up a style that worked for me. I don't mind being the weakest class. It makes the game more challenging. I thought it was boring starting a hunter, going through the 1st mission and easily destroying the boss of the 1st mission. I wish PSU was more like this game.
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

Quote Originally Posted by WBMike View Post
    The demo has a level cap of 100 and type level cap of 20. What happens to those above this level is unknown.) unverified**
    That would be quite the demo. It would also point out how quickly the level capping would come in the full game. I also hope they give out the UMD demos at stores like they did for PSP1 and PSP2.

EDIT: Weapon fusion makes me happy to collect even poor attribute weapons.
    Last edited by Mike; Nov 23, 2010 at 08:10 PM.