Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news?

I think one of the big things that gives a clue is in the PSP2 Infinity news too
    They made an actual logo for PSO's 10th anniversary so I'd bet on PSO2 being their big 10th anniversary game

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "En" View Post
    I have my fingers crossed, naturally.
    This.

I'm just hoping the next PS release will be actually released in the US/EU.
    Click On Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    PSO2, developed by Platinum Games? Please?
    I think that Gearbox would also be a good developer for a possible PSO2. They've worked with Sega before, on Samba for Wii. I also remember reading somewhere that Randy Pitchford, the president of Gearbox, is working on a secret project that he is very excited about.

If PSO 2 is announced this year and it is only for Japan for a year or so, I doubt that I'll even play it. They need to have an international release if they want this to be a hit worldwide.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

This is intriguing news... I personally would love to see a new Phantasy Star game for PS3 and/or PC.

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    If PSO 2 is announced this year and it is only for Japan for a year or so, I doubt that I'll even play it. They need to have an international release if they want this to be a hit worldwide.
    Agreed, and they'd better not pull any stupid server segregation bullshit like they did with PSU. That, and I'm sick of the year or so time-difference between Japan and the rest of us. It happened with PSU's content, and it happened with the release of PSPo2, and now they announce this new Infinity game RIGHT before PSPo2 is about to hit the US and Europe...

I know games take time to localize, but it shouldn't take THAT long. Personally, I'd rather them hold back the release until all the regions were accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by DuRaL View Post
    i so hope it will be announced at TGS.. it will be awesome!
    well, at least the japanese version will be awesome

oh, and please not for the Wii...
    i want this to come for a console with modern graphics and a HDD!
    Agreed here as well. The Wii can go die in a fire, as far as I'm concerned - lame hardware, lame online support, lame controllers (haven't tried the one that came out with Monster Hunter though). Although there are some titles coming out that pique my interest, I haven't bought any new Wii games in probably over a year now, and that's pretty sad, considering that I used to play the crap out of my N64 and Gamecube back in the day.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

People may hate me for this, but I would definitely want this to be a 3DS game more than any other system, i dont really want it on ps3/360, even though i pwn a ps3 its just a pretty annoying sytem sometimes, and there's talk of it costing money for online soon, so my hope is for 3DS then if not that, Wii.

oh, and my opinion on is this good news, YEEEEEEESS!
    Last edited by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso; Aug 25, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DChip View Post
    If this is a remake/port of Phantasy Star Online... for the Germ this must be on Wii somehow; I really want another PSO experience, and XBOX already has Universe, Sony Portable and DS Zero.

And if it isn't on Wii, at least a new chapter will always be welcomed .
    I hope you're not saying that Phantasy Star Universe is a substitute (to any degree) for another game like PSO. I don't want to have to stab you. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    I think that Gearbox would also be a good developer for a possible PSO2. They've worked with Sega before, on Samba for Wii. I also remember reading somewhere that Randy Pitchford, the president of Gearbox, is working on a secret project that he is very excited about.
    That, and Borderlands is, in a way, a kind of spiritual successor to games like PSO and Diablo - where there's loot hunting and a whole lot of action-RPG stuff going on. It's still the best game of 2009, by a long shot.

There's been speculation and rumors that their "secret project" is actually Duke Nukem Forever, but somebody's gotta keep the legend going, right?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Intriguing news indeed. This is pretty exciting.

It better be PSO in HD on a current-gen console.

If it's another handheld i'm gonna throw my monitor out the window.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

PSO 10th Anniversary Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by HUcast Lv.100 View Post
    PSO 10th Anniversary Edition?
    With new playable character HUrappy!