Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle mode

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Default Battle mode

I'd like to know what everyone thinks of battle mode so far.

Do you intend on playing it seriously and raising your ranking?

What about gameplay balance?

What are your thoughts on lag issues and competitions?

Do you think it's fun, or at least thought out well...and why?
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

My first thoughts of pvp are that is has potential to be a lot of fun. Lag hasn't been an issue for me so far. It's fun overall, but I am looking forward to playing the other maps as well. Balance is always difficult I feel when you have ranged classes against melee, so I'm not expecting it to have an amazing balance. Once I play the other pvp maps I'll then make a decision whether I will really pursue a ranking or not.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

While I probably won't try to be competitive in Battle Mode, I can happily say that it's an enjoyable experience, and a change of pace from normal gameplay. In a similar way to a group of friends gathering for a round of free-for-all Super Smash Bros., I look forward to joining my friends for some random bounts in the various Battle Mode stages.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Its fun as long as nobody is a Beast.

...or everybody is a Beast.

......or the Beast is a Force.

Really though, some of the modes are great fun, the 3rd mode you unlock (Blitz Deathmatch according to google translate) is absolutely hectic and fun.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

honestly i wont play it seriously, i might play it with friends for a few laughs and bragging rights but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by "En" View Post
    While I probably won't try to be competitive in Battle Mode, I can happily say that it's an enjoyable experience, and a change of pace from normal gameplay. In a similar way to a group of friends gathering for a round of free-for-all Super Smash Bros., I look forward to joining my friends for some random bounts in the various Battle Mode stages.
    I couldn't have said it better.

You need to raise your Battle Rank to get some titles so you need to do battle if you want to get all 200 titles or so. There is, in the full version, a "Pacman" battle mode though it is not nearly as fun as you think it may be.

Lullaby to hell, babe TierrenZX's Avatar

I'll only play it to get the titles. It can be a fun diversion from time to time but its not something I am willing to play seriously. Lag issues for me kill it. I'm firing at someone only to die while he's doing a barrel roll. Didn't even see him attack.

Does anyone here actually do battles? I find that virtually no one does them or commits to them =(

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special

I'm enjoying the battle system much, much more than I thought I would. I've played close to 70 matches now. Right now we only have Catapult Jump but in the full version we'll have Great Threat, Catapult Chase, Thirteen's Room, Who will step on the switch?, Like an Arrow of Light, Lightning Deathmatch, No Walls, and Battle Royale. Looks promising.