Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ∞ Rebirth...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    I just looked at the page and it clearly says in red you can reincarnate numerous times, although the exact number of times is unknown. lol But it also says reaching 200 will be easier, so I guess that's their compensation for making you start over each time. Seems kinda like a pain, but I'm hoping the boosted stats will be enough to make it worthwhile.
    I don't care how it works in my opinion as I love to have a reason to keep on playing and to level up. But I do hope the public doesn't complain too much about it and would consider it a good feature.

The (Your friend will become an NPC you can add to parties.) part sounds really fun by the way. Haha.
    Currently Playing: PSO2
    Ship 2 - Shiku/Duman
    Steam ID: Shokuryu

Just a theroy about this rebirth thing, and some way that might make it work better. This is completely my own idea, but I think it might work:

You can rebirth after a certain level. Based on what level you are when you rebirth, you gain a stat boost. Next time around, you can rebirth after you've passed the level you previously rebirthed (is that even a word?) at. Therefore, after you've rebirthed at level 200, you can't rebirth anymore. However, only the level you were at when you last rebirthed has any bearing on your stats. Therefor, the strongest you can get is rebirthing at level 200, then reaching level 200 again. Also, when you import data, if you're high enough level, you are treated as if you rebirthed at the level of the character you're importing.

Again, this is all just an idea, with no basis in anything that sega's put out, but I think this'd work. Please, tell me if anything doesn't make sense, and I'll try to clarify.

I personally don't care if everyone around me is doing uber damage and I'm not. It just proves that they played longer then me. In fact I would enjoy the free ride to xp town.

Also maybe I'm looking too much into it, but, wouldn't an expansion called "infinity" be kinda weird if you couldn't rebirth infinite?
    Last edited by kongajinken; Aug 25, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    You can rebirth after a certain level. Based on what level you are when you rebirth, you gain a stat boost.
    This is definetly happening. Don't know about the rest of it though.

Again, just my idea of a potential system. It's all my own idea as to a system that I think would work quite well.

PSO Assassin

thinking in PSO dimensions, i'd probably be like "WTF, i'd never reset my lvl 200 char to lvl 1", considering it took over 1000 hours to get there..
    however, playing on a lvl 200 char is really no fun, because you gain nothing..
    and since my skyly char, which is level 199 right now, still hasn't found the SJS, and i'd like to play on that char more, i'd actually welcome a function like that right now..

but since they've added AEXP in PSU, i think that's a much better way of gaining strength even after you've hit the level cap than starting over again, which includes doing all the low-lvl missions with no cool drops, etc..
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)