Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm gonna be voting with my wallet once PsPo2 comes out. I'll be buying two copies.

The chances of Infinity hitting the US are slim, but if we all actually buy the game they might consider bringing it over.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bscit View Post
    And nothing wrong with pirating. If the companies really wanted to stop pirates, they
    should lower the price on their games.
    Lol yeah stick it to the man! That's just pirate talk trying to justify the fact that they are stealing

And while it's easier to pirate stuff on the DS, all the other things you can use CFW for on the PSP makes it a more promising target. And maybe it's also a sign that more tech-savvy people own PSPs while John Everyman owns a DS and doesn't even know what an R4 cart is
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

Quote Originally Posted by parabolee View Post
    That's utter BS. It is FAR easier to pirate for the DS than it is the PSP. In fact out of all the current consoles the PSP is one of the most difficult.

Installing CFW and maintaining it to work with new games is royal pain in the A.

DS is a total joke in how easy it is to set up for piracy and then find and use pirate games and that has plenty of game support and massive sales, so that excuse is a lie.
    There is a simple rule in business, "The metric defines what is.".

To the layman in this case, it means that there are proven metrics providing a pretty accurate reading into potential lost revenue for a developer who makes a game for the PSP, vs who makes a game for the DS. The main demographic of people who buy a DS choose to utilize the product in a legal fashion. While a very substantial demographic of PSP users use it in an illegal fashion.

The simple end point is that the PSP has the image of a unsecure system, something Sony has been struggling in cleaning up, and failing to do so. While the DS has a pretty clean image. Plus when you are told at a meeting that you only have the resources to develop for one platform, and you will have a 9% pirate rate on one platform, and a 85% pirate rate on another platform, you tend to go with what will bring in the most revenue.

*I do not have exact metrics for DS and PSP piracy rates, but it is commonly known that the PSP is exponentially higher. The worst platform is still the PC which has a 97% piracy rate across all software, and that I do have a metric for.

Quote Originally Posted by bscit View Post
    And nothing wrong with pirating. If the companies really wanted to stop pirates, they
    should lower the price on their games.

Uh.. aren't PSP games like 30 bucks?

How much lower do you think they should go?

I have CFW, and may be forced to "pirate" it to play it.

I will be buying it on day one too though (pre-order).
    Ditto that. Since Sony has an embargo on big companies importing games and systems to the UK, it makes getting hold of anything for a reasonable price intensely fiddicult. Financial racism is one thing, paying $75-90 for Demon's Souls is ridiculous, but when I want something like Persona 3 Portable, which doesn't even have a release date over here, I'm out of luck.

I and a few buddies are clubbing together to get a batch of copies sent over from the US on release. I am not gonna be outsped by Americans for weeks on end before our version (translated from region-free English into region-free English) comes out at twice the price. We can't download paid content from the US PSN either, it requires a US-based bank account or credit card.

Sony are making it increasingly hard to do the right thing, by their insistence on doing it their way. Of course Nintendo is no better with their regional lockouts or M$ with the same credit card control system that's made me lose a 4000 hour PSU account.

Won't it be impossible to play this game online if you pirate it? You need to sign into your PSN account to get online.

Well, using a chain of CFW and plugins, I'm playing the demo online with CFW. If I can do that with the full game, then awesome. Especially if I can make an iso of my own UMD and play with my unique online code, like I have done with every other PSP game I buy.

You can sign into the PSN with CFW, but accessing the store is verboten.

Carefully!!, you right in that, plugins can make you log in on PSN...BUT!! if Sony update is firewall they can see you using custom firmware, and becouse of that they can kick your code out, and then you have to buy another UMD of the game to play online again.

That's utter BS. It is FAR easier to pirate for the DS than it is the PSP. In fact out of all the current consoles the PSP is one of the most difficult.

Installing CFW and maintaining it to work with new games is royal pain in the A.

DS is a total joke in how easy it is to set up for piracy and then find and use pirate games and that has plenty of game support and massive sales, so that excuse is a lie.
    agreed on all accounts. I almost got sucked into iso's and cso's but then when I found out the cheap stuff you have to do to degrade this and that I'm like wow some people would waste time of their day just to screw the gaming community? Thats probably the lowest form of low. I'd rather waste 13 bucks on buying a game to find out I don't like it, because somewhere in the world there's someone who does, and that supports the series.

I wouldn't be surprised if these pirates have been the downfall of many great series.
    ps maybe videogame piracy should fall under the same class as cyber crimes as great as hacking government computers.
    I just wanna break this crown, but it's hard when I'm so rundown. Your so sick oh narcissistic cannibal... got to bring myself back from the dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    That wouldn't stop pirates. That and the game companies aren't out to screw you over, they have costs and need to turn a profit to continue to make other games and stay in business.

Truth be told many game developers have not made a PSP game as a result of the fact it's well known in the industry to be the most unsecure system on the market. There was already a huge scene over a few developers announcing that they would not continue to develop sequels for that very reason.

Source: http://www.afterdawn.com/news/articl..._due_to_piracy
    Im well aware that they have to make a profit. But if they lowered the price, then
    theyll also get the pirates, only if it works properly though, to also add to the
    profit.
    PS0: 1462-6752-9093