Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

CFW can't connect to the servers, and the SAVEDATA doesn't include information about which firmware used it last. Use your head, don't end up dead.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    CFW can't connect to the servers
    CFW can connect to the US demo servers. Dunno if that will change when the full version comes out though.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Quote Originally Posted by mvffin View Post
    CFW can connect to the US demo servers. Dunno if that will change when the full version comes out though.
    That's awful news. I think that is because it doesn't require a PSN log-in first to check and see if you have the license. I hope the full version is just like the Japanese version (which checked for a license because it was a closed server).
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Quote Originally Posted by Roontek View Post
    That's Japanese servers, who knows the rules for the U.S. I'm not out to get CFW users in any means. I just don't want to see them get rejected and banned for online play. But at the same time I would like no hacking allowed in online play, hence I support OFW.
    Japan, and outside of the USA actually has more strict actions taken about CFW.

Don't be a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    CFW can't connect to the servers, and the SAVEDATA doesn't include information about which firmware used it last. Use your head, don't end up dead.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mvffin View Post
    No, it cant, I just tried it now.

However, it CAN play on the PS3's Ad-Hoc Party.

I thought I was right, but I'm now still only 95% sure. CFW connecting to the server would mess everything up.

You tried using a certain "thing" with it to connect? Unless PSN finally got patched.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

If you have "something" on your PSP you can connect to PSN with it. Which I'm able to access the Demo and such. But I can't say much about the full version.

Edit: Tyreek beat me to it. And it still works.

With the PSP2 release coinciding with Kingdom Hearts BBS, you can bet there'll be a new OFW release on-disc with no updates other than CFW countering. I'm also betting that within 2-3 days of release, there will be torrents of a patched version that works on "whatever the most popular CFW has been since last December".

Either way, Pirating this game won't let you play online.

As far as I can tell, the unique one-per-game passcode only needs you to log into the PSN STORE once, after that as long as you can log into the PSN by indescribable methods with your passcode-enabled account and don't try to access the store, you should be fine.

Edit: Most CFW users with a legit game are doing it for CWCheat. Anything blatantly hacked will earn you a ban. Though, anyone notice how there's NO censorship in the ingame chat? You can say things like "Microsoft", "Beast", "I like turtles." and "Om nom nom nom" without getting a face full of !@$#.

Edit 2: Being outside the US, I only just realised !@$# is shift-1234 on US keyboards. !"£$ is our alternative, doesn't look quite so foreboding.
    Last edited by TheAstarion; Sep 1, 2010 at 05:24 AM.

I was unaware of a "certain thing" that would make CFW work with online games.

PM this "certain thing" to me please?

If anything, only to cure my curiousnessssss.

Quote Originally Posted by Roontek View Post
    I would like no hacking allowed in online play, hence I support OFW.
    This is pretty much my viewpoint of CFW in the game. I don't care if you use it or not. Just keep it offline.

Please? Is that too hard to ask for?

Anyway, I'm not into the CFW programs. My PSP uses, will uses, and continue to use OFW. But I hope that with the retail version coming out, it puts a halt to having CFW users coming online.

Not gonna happen but hell I tried.