Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Hmm.. that's weird.. Because I had 56k for a very very long time, and pages and all -definitely- load a lot faster now than back then.. just about instantly usually. I know I don't have the fastest high speed in the world... but I didn't think it was -that- slow.. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Aeralea View Post
    Hmm.. that's weird.. Because I had 56k for a very very long time, and pages and all -definitely- load a lot faster now than back then.. just about instantly usually. I know I don't have the fastest high speed in the world... but I didn't think it was -that- slow.. : /
    As for you playing online, you'd have to find a host with a good upload speed, otherwise you'll time out (as you have been).

I hope you see a faster connection in the future.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

How long have you had that belkin router? From what I know about belkin they aren't very gaming friendly.

If you have had it for a long time I'm interested to know if the firmware is really really old, or if Belkin just decided not to upgrade the firmware. If you could get me the name and model of the router I would like to do some research on it, if its old I want to find a firmware update, or if its new I want to check into portforwarding.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

You guys are misreading the upload speed. A 56k modem would be 5.6k upload, not half a meg. Really 40kb/s up is typical for DSL and more than acceptable. Their connection is not the issue.

The issue is internal to your house, and Roontek is on the right track.

Questions -

Your DSL modem does not have wireless? (true/false) Also post the name and model of your DSL modem if the Belkin is not managing it as well.
    If you can, log into the web interface with your modem (post the model and I'll get you the information if needed) and disable the firewall. Once this is done try your connection again.

I'm not sure what your capital is like, but if you can afford a new router at around $30, it might be a better solution than beginning a lengthy process of troubleshooting your current one.
    Last edited by Ambrai; Sep 2, 2010 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roontek View Post
    How long have you had that belkin router? From what I know about belkin they aren't very gaming friendly.

If you have had it for a long time I'm interested to know if the firmware is really really old, or if Belkin just decided not to upgrade the firmware. If you could get me the name and model of the router I would like to do some research on it, if its old I want to find a firmware update, or if its new I want to check into portforwarding.
    I used to have a huge amount of problems with my belkin router working but now it works really well. Difference between now and before was I moved it to my room yet everyone in the house seems to have had less problems. Maybe it wasn't the router but I can say I never get disconnected due to my router when playing online. I've had mine for at least 5 years. Dunno if this will help with our friend here or not.

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special

Ambrai:

Thank you.. that makes a lot more sense.. especially since on dial up I had so many problems with online games and everything ran -so- much more smoothly since DSL, it just didn't seem like they could possibly run at the same rate..

My DSL modem does not have wireless, so that's why I got the router.

Modem: ZyXEL P-600 Series, Model P-660R-D1 (From Verizon DSL)
    Router: Belkin G Wireless Router. Model F5D7234-4 v.4

Hmm.. I tried to find the modem web interface.. (I remember needing to go to it when we set this up..) but I can't seem to find it now.. Is there some standard URL they usually give?

Hm, I see what you're saying, but right now really isn't the best time for me to get a new router.. Plus this router really isn't that old.. I just bought it less than a year ago and it cost about $40-$50 at the time, I think. : /

..and thank you again for helping me.

Infinite Eternity: And thank you, it's good to hear that!

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

My DSL modem does not have wireless, so that's why I got the router.

Modem: ZyXEL P-600 Series, Model P-660R-D1 (From Verizon DSL)
    Router: Belkin G Wireless Router. Model F5D7234-4 v.4

Hmm.. I tried to find the modem web interface.. (I remember needing to go to it when we set this up..) but I can't seem to find it now.. Is there some standard URL they usually give?
    Ok with this information I think we will have this one figured out here shortly. The standard procedure is to enter: 192.168.0.1 into your address bar to gain access to the router/modem. Now sometimes underneath the modem/router they will have a specific address to gain access so check there first. Keep in mind the .0.1 at the end of the address might be slightly different to access your equipment, I've had some routers that were .1.1 or .1.0 at the end so be sure to check first.

Gaining access to your modem/router will be the next step in the process to check your firmware date's. After a little digging I found the information on both your modem and router, here are the links.

Modem: http://us.zyxel.com/Products/details...B-3A84F5A06405 That is for the main site, and here is the download page for the firmware updates: http://us.zyxel.com/Support/Download...20050627163311 It looks as though the newest update was in January of this year, so I'm hoping that will work out for us here.

Router: http://www.belkin.com/support/produc...234-4&scid=221 Ok that is the main site for your model router. Now for the firmware update page, it has all versions listed for download http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/...etail/a_id/301

So the next step from here will be gaining access to each separately to determine what firmware each has and compare it with the most current available.

Hope that provides a bit of help, get back to us if you run into any hiccups.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

Hmm - that may be it!

After going to that address for my modem, I found the firmware on there now is: ZyNOS Firmware Version: V3.40(AHC.4) | 12/08/2006 -- the latest one on the website is: 3.40(AGE.4)C0 | 1/15/2010

When I go to update.. should I do all of the top three firmware updates, or just the very top one? (I just wanted to ask that real quick so I don't mess up anything!)

I'm not sure how to check how new my router firmware is, but I should probably update to the latest one on there either way, too, no?

Thank you -soo- much - I know I'm saying that every time, but I really, -really- appreciate your help! Like I said before, I'd have no clue without you guys!!

Just do the very top firmware update (newest). There is only one item to update on a consumer level router.

Hi I am having problems to. Can I get help here or should I start my own thread?
    error codes
    sg3126
    sg8056
    80550c17
    80550e18
    80550c0f