Default Is it just me or does magic type not effect force much

Ok magic type is in the game and fire on fire isn't as good as using ice on fire.

At first I figured it was ridiculous numbers that if you tried using fire on fire it would be useless, but I was playing my force today and the difference wasn't really that noticeable. If I was using fire on fire enemies; I only did about 100 less damage(750-Foie versus 850-Diga). Sure that makes a huge difference on bosses/mini-bosses(I still used weakness on bosses), but for normal enemies that's only like one or two more attacks maybe, if you're using the wrong element. (I'm far too lazy to use the correct spell type on every enemy.)

On a side note RCSM's+zalure works wonders for building up combos and immediately going into a 3 triangle chain break.(RCSM builds combo and zalure gives 30% more damage, while giving time for the RCSM to a build combo)
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Not just you, its for this very reason that I use Rabarta against Dark element enemies instead of Grants. The damage isn't lower enough for me to warrant using the non-existent usefulness of Grants.