Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with wep

ok i have all items for stec whip if i buy it and a grander base s+9 will it be better than my vish vien dark ele whip with same grinder base?

o and if i buy a grinder s+9/10 will it give me these stats http://psupedia.info/Stec_Whip under grinding info 9 and 10?

ok i have all items for stec whip if i buy it and a grander base s+9 will it be better than my vish vien dark ele whip with same grinder base?

o and if i buy a grinder s+9/10 will it give me these stats http://psupedia.info/Stec_Whip under grinding info 9 and 10?

well ethier way i bought it now how do i change the element?
    Last edited by Dhylec; Sep 5, 2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: merge, stop making consecutive posts

ummm....Xbox cant lol
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

well that sucks how would i get a element on a stec whip>?

Alright, I feel like I should help you out on a few things, since I can tell you're pretty new to PSU and PSOW... Keep in mind though, I was on the PC/PS2 servers before they were taken down, so I don't know much about any gameplay changes the Supplemental Update on 360's servers might've caused.

First off, just for better forum etiquette, questions about gameplay belong more in the PSU Gameplay, Guides, and Walkthroughs section of the forums. Also, try to avoid multi-posting (use that little Edit button to change your posts if no one else has posted after you) and making multiple threads on similar topics - the mods might get onto you if they have to continuously "clean up" after you.

Now, I've noticed that you like using whip weapons. An important thing to know about whips is that many of them are restricted to one or two elements, depending on which one you have; for example, the Vish can only be either Lightning or Ground element. Also, depending on which element it is, there is a specific status effect tied to that element. For the Vish, if it is Lightning element, it inflicts LV2 Shock, which prevents enemies from using physical attacks; if it is Ground, it inflicts LV4 Silence, which prevents enemies from using magic.

However, a lot of the Kubara "clone" weapons, such as the Vish Adac, can be any element, but are still restricted to a single status effect (in this case, LV2 Stun). How the element is determined (this goes for pretty much any melee weapon, by the way) usually depends on how the weapon was synthed (for example, using Ban-Photons would make it Fire element, etc.), or it will be randomly determined if it was dropped from an enemy or a crate (such as certain Gawik's Pub weapon exchanges). Those bought from NPC shops or specific weapons in particular will always have a fixed and pre-determined element and %. Once a melee weapon's element and % is determined, it cannot be changed, unless any of the newer post-Supplemental Update features that I'm not aware of provide a way.

As for which whip is "best," that depends on a lot of things. In terms of raw damage output, you'll want whips with high elemental %'s on them to use against enemies of the opposite element, and avoid using neutral or 0% weapons. Back when I was playing, 50% was as high as you could go, although again, that might've changed. Ideally, you'll want to have a whip to cover every element and switch them out accordingly depending on what mission you're running and what enemies you're fighting. Also, you'll want to take each whip's status effects into account - back when I was playing, Vish Adac and Vish Diragac were ideal choices, although I think an Ice element Vish Kuseb would be good if you decide to stay Wartecher (WT), which leads me to my next point...

Acrotecher (AT) is another class you might want to consider if you like using whips. WT's may have a LV30 Skill cap against AT's LV20 cap, but AT's have access to S rank whips AND can attack faster. AT's are also the best class for party support, but if you decide to play one, be sure to max out your buffs and healing techs (look around for "buff parties" or search the forums for methods on how to do this effectively). People hate it when one techer casts their high-level buffs, only to have them overwritten and weakened by another random noob techer in the same party who hasn't leveled his own - don't be that guy!

As far as grinding weapons goes... don't even bother. Just... don't. Save yourself the confusion of the system and the frustration of breaking your hard-earned weapons, at least until you're near-max level and have millions of meseta to blow, and there's a grind boost and 3* luck week in effect. Even then, you'll have to make sure the planets are aligned and the moon is in the East in order to get that perfect 10/10 weapon without it breaking on you ( /sarcasm). And even if Guardians' Cash gets implemented outside of Japan, would you REALLY want to spend REAL money towards a CHANCE at another grind that might break AGAIN?? Grinding tends to be better suited for gun and techer weapons anyway, as the difference in power between a 0/10 melee weapon and a 10/10 of the same melee weapon (unless it's an Agito Repca or something) is fairly negligible compared to the difference between the same weapon at 10% and one at 50% of the same element vs. the opposite element enemy, although it's also entirely luck-based to be able to synth a 50% weapon as well. Long story short, don't attempt grinding or synthing until you've read up on how each system works and are able to farm and/or afford the materials effectively to make the things you want (PROTIP: bullshit luck is a major contributing factor ). If you're low-level and/or decide to switch to AT, then you'll constantly be "outgrowing" what you have, and have to save up for stonger weapons and armor anyway, which you could probably save yourself a lot of trouble and money just by searching around in player shops for new stuff, instead of trying to grind your Stec Whip once with that S+9 grinder I think you said you bought (which is better suited for an S rank weapon anyway) for a rather insignificant boost in ATP and PP, or having it fail, and you having blown however much you paid for that grinder, when you probably could've gotten a new weapon for the same price, or maybe even less.

Hope this helps you out! Be sure to check out the forum's guides and item database, or go to PSUpedia, as they can tell you a lot of information.
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Sep 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

well my whip phase is over i <3 it but im using claws atm to level the Y attack to 40 ima stick with my vish vien dark ele it works fine with lvl vivi danga ima try and sell the stec whip anyone wanna help lol! but Ima keep it to a claw a saber a whip a bow and twin sabers but my next question is there a good way to level pa's or is it just play cuz level 40 for a pa is alot

Quote Originally Posted by oG Epik View Post
    my next question is there a good way to level pa's or is it just play cuz level 40 for a pa is alot
    Lol, if you think melee PA's are difficult to level, I'd hate to see how you'd handle stuff like rifle bullets and Megid... @_@

Photon Arts (save for support techs) level up based on the number of successful hits on an enemy you perform with them. With this in mind, the most effective way to level them is by performing weak hits on enemies with lots of health.

One example of this you could try: go to the Plains Overlord mission on Parum, and once you get to De Ragan, spam the PA you want to level on his tails, preferably with a high % fire element weapon with a lot of PP (usually Yohmei or Kubara weapons are best suited for this due to their low ATP and high PP stats). De Ragan's tails take much less damage than the other parts of his body, and by using a weapon with a high % fire element (since De Ragan is also fire element), you'll minimize the damage you deal to him, thus getting in more hits before he dies and leveling your PA faster. Just be aware of his attack patterns and choose a difficulty that you can easily handle, and you should be fine.

Also, unless it got patched further, Plains Overlord also used to be a decent place for leveling bullets and certain techs too, because there were certain areas on the map that you could run to, but the monsters for some reason couldn't, basically allowing you to easily take shots at them. There was even a point where you could "AFK-level" on a Vahra leader that could heal itself, but I'm pretty sure the spawns were changed so you couldn't do that anymore. There's probably some old Youtube videos floating around that could show you what I'm talking about.

For now though, if your character's level is only around 50, I'd focus more on that and your job level, and your PA levels should follow as you go. As long as your melee PA's are at least LV11 for your one-handed weapons and at least LV21 for your two-handed weapons (save for a select few that don't gain new moves regardless of their level, which I don't think you're using), then you'll have access to all the moves each PA is capable of; from there on, it's just stat-boosting and big numbarz.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

so de ragen to level my pa's? Man whats the normal price for twin falclaws i want some bad

Twin Falclaws, you're looking at least 8mil for broken ones, 15mil for unbroken ones.

Shide-Misaki are almost as good, and around 600K last I checked.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

twin falclows look pretty boss though

i would love to have some but it seems so hard to make cash at lvl 60