Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Given how Sega runs things you have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    I was supposed to review it, but I have given up on that. I'm waiting for its release so I can play it cooperative with selected people.
    Well dang, i'd give anything to be a reviewer lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroXRaven View Post
    Well dang, i'd give anything to be a reviewer lol
    If you like to receive criticism for the sake of improving your skills, journalism is one thing you'll love. If you wish to spread your beliefs, or the truth, save yourself the stress.
    Last edited by Izuna; Sep 5, 2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroXRaven View Post
    All these people dissing Halo are funny, personally i'm buying both PSPo2 and Halo Reach and hopefully on the same day but I know i'll put more time into Phantasy Star...My point is, kids will buy anything that's popular and just because Halo got really popular and kids buy it doesn't make it a kids game...Halo Reach looks amazing! and honestly the wait for both HR and PS are killing me

Futuristic game FTW!!!!!!!
    To be honest Im buying Halo Reach at launch as well. It just seems silly to be releasing a game like this on the same day. I think it would of been a better idea to hop on the release of that new Kingdom Hearts. Think about it, you walk into your local gamestop and check their PSP selection. As they keep all new releases at the same place, while looking to see if they have the game in, they would probably notice the cover of PSPo2.

Now that is a clever way to give a game with just about 0 advertising some well needed attention.
    Currently playing: Phantasy Star Portable 2, a little bit of Halo Reach,

honestly, it seems like they are doing this on purpose, not releasing it earlier (Stateside) and very little ads, does Japan hate us? Didnt PSO, PSU, and other Sega games show how much we WANT to buy from them? apparently Sega of Japan hates us because if they are releasing it not only like 9 months after Japan has it but on the same day as the craptastic Halo Reach, then clearly all signs point to that

Quote Originally Posted by Zerothelioneater View Post
    To be honest Im buying Halo Reach at launch as well. It just seems silly to be releasing a game like this on the same day. I think it would of been a better idea to hop on the release of that new Kingdom Hearts. Think about it, you walk into your local gamestop and check their PSP selection. As they keep all new releases at the same place, while looking to see if they have the game in, they would probably notice the cover of PSPo2.

Now that is a clever way to give a game with just about 0 advertising some well needed attention.
    Maybe, but generally a game like kingdom hearts also has a following. So that person would still pick up kingdom hearts, and if they're anything like me (a very casual gamer) that would be the only thing they picked up for a while.
    PSP2:
    KBling - Human Male Vanguard lv. 15
    KBling - Newman Male Force

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJaeger View Post
    honestly, it seems like they are doing this on purpose, not releasing it earlier (Stateside) and very little ads, does Japan hate us? Didnt PSO, PSU, and other Sega games show how much we WANT to buy from them? apparently Sega of Japan hates us because if they are releasing it not only like 9 months after Japan has it but on the same day as the craptastic Halo Reach, then clearly all signs point to that
    Halo Reach craptastic???

HAHA riiight, try it before you judge...unless you where one of those hackers I doubt u have played it

Halo is fine and all but call of Duty is better. :P And worry not about what it releases with the game should have a long tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Koiwai_Keiji View Post
    There's a psp kiosk of pspo2 at Penny Arcade Expo 2010, its right next to the Valkyria Chronicles 2 booth. It consists of a big lit sign saying "phantasy star portable 2" and hooked up to a mounted monitor so others can see its gameplay as well. I wish I had a pic, but the convention was so hectic, was trying to see and demo a lot of other games as well.

The SEGA booth was amazing this year compared to last year's; they were showing off vanquish, conduit 2, sonic 4, sonic colors, and yakuza 4. So they are advertising the game, its just not at the intensity of say, Bayonetta.

I think that's fine, because its main audience, the pso and mh community already knows about it. Word of mouth is really the most effective advertising imo. There's a demo out, the psp isn't that popular (compared to DS), and it was one of the most pirated psp games of 2009 (I don't have a link, but there was a news blurb about it). It would be nice to see a tv commercial, but I can see why they prioritize the new IPs like Vanquish and Bayonetta.
    Well I wouldn't be too surprised about PSPo2 at PAX. Phantasy Star has always had a following among Penny Arcade forumers.

I think the problem is Phantasy Star is lacking some good old advertising campaign.Sega's playing it safe and try as much as possible not to lose money just in case the game didn't do so well stateside(or westernside for that matter) .
    Teletha Testarossa Vamarl Lvl 152 Challenge Rank: Master, Battle Rank: AAA.