Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I do hope some good news at Tokyo Game Show

The thing is... Im ready to buy a Playstation Portable console. However, with Tokyo Game Show looming so close to Phantasy Star Portable 2's North American release date makes me wonder if Sony will announce a price drop at TGS.

Why announce a price drop at TGS? The PSP's lifetime is dwindling with the coming of 3DS after Nintendo dropped the gloves at E3 2010. In hopes that Sony will respond with a price drop on the PSP and the announcement of Playstation Portable 2, I am stuck on the fence on when I am going to buy my PSP so I can play PSPo2.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 releases on September 14.
    Tokyo Game Show starts on the 16th and runs through to the 19th.

My main concern is that... I hope I don't fall behind too much with the online crowd. ;| Are you having the same dilemma?

Halo: Reach releases on September 14. That'll pose a factor in this issue; what role it will be will be...well, dunno.

-Wayu

personally if they are going to anouce a Playstation Portable 2, then it wont be out any time soon, if ur really consered, don't buy new, get a 2nd hand psp, they work just fine and cost less
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

It was announced today that the opening cinematic & song for PSPo2i will be shown at this year's TGS, so there's a little something to look forward to (if anything).
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

o.0

Nice. Bad thing I don't live in Tokyo anymore.

-Wayu

They don't tend to announced new hardware like that at TGS, usually at E3. Japan wouldn't be all that impressed.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

True. The best way to get a PSP is 2nd hand. A good 2000 or 3000 can be bought for fairly cheap, nowadays. And you'll have the entire PSP library to work with. Sony's next portable console, I don't see coming too soon. They aren't exactly a company to react fast to competition. They've gotten too use to brand-name recognition to sell their product. The world knows they need to come up with something. Something big. And something that includes as much of those nice features Sony fans have been sending them requests for. The big question is whether Sony knows that. They tend to do business with that ethnocentric-like point of view. The world revolves around us.

But perhaps, they're taking the time to listen, and they've been spending good time in market research and R&D, but are not ready to present the next PSP since the plans and prototype aren't finalized. It's better to make the announcement and feature-set good than to make the announcement now.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Sep 9, 2010 at 07:09 AM.

I'm expecting some interesting software announcements at TGS but since Sony couldn't get their stuff together and announce a new PSP at E3 I doubt they'll do it in Tokyo.

"Unconcious" in Forest 2 T_Esquire's Avatar

Why all the talk of a new PSP? They only just released their little abomination PSPgo this year, little early to be talking sequels just yet.
    I guess... It wasn't enough... Hee hee hee... Perhaps I was overthinking things... Awww... After thinking about all that... I'm starved! Let's head home.

I love my PSPgo but I still think they can improve on it by adding dual analog sticks, touch screen functionality & obviously a more powerful graphics processor w/backwards compatibilty. Then they can have more of my hard-earned $$$.