Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let me know

can u do like 1 or 2 around 12:00

i cant get on atm but tomarrow at 5 central i can get on if thats good fo u?
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

Sure tomorrow is friday so i will be on late

If I was running WT , here's what I would probably go with:

- Wand + Tech-MAG, for your buffs (Shifta, Deband, Zodial, and Retier). TP does not matter with this setup, so you'll want weapons with high PP. In the long-term, I would aim for a Granahodorac and a high-grind Shato, although most any Yohmei or Kubara weapon will do just fine.

- Wand + Tech-MAG, as your "utility" setup. When I played AT, I set up one slot to at least hold Giresta, and then used the other slots to hold spells like Regrants, Noszonde, Nosdiga, Diga, or Foie - the types of offensive techs that are good in certain situations. However, now that Dizas is out, you might want to try and get it and maybe pair it with Giresta to have two more buff spells on the same weapon, and/or have Resta and Reverser on your other weapon. This slot can also be used for the 3 debuffs (Jellen, Zalure, and Zoldeel) + Giresta to fill out the last space, should you decide to go that route, although most of the time you won't really need them unless you or your party is having trouble. Megistar is another option as well, if you're soloing, or you can just fill it up with offensive techs. It's really up to you how you want to set this slot up, depending if you want to go for more of an offensive or supportive role. It may just be easier to stick with a Resta/Reverser wand or tech-MAG, and use another one-handed weapon alongside it; in this case, I would go with any one-handed melee weapon (whatever's your preference) + a tech-MAG for Resta/Reverser. Just keep in mind that if you need to heal a lot, you'll need to switch back and forth between weapons to cast these techs, so lag/slowdown might be an issue.

- I'd look into also reserving one slot for a Bow as your ranged option. I played FG, GM, and PT a lot, so I may be a bit biased on this, and even though WT is the only class with access to bows that can't use A ranks of them, I'd still use one for the fact that it has much more range than a handgun or cards, plus you can aim it in first-person view like a handgun, although you can't effectively strafe and fire with one like you can handguns and cards. Cards can be an alternate option that you can again pair with a Resta/Reverser wand for healing. Personally I don't like cards, though. I guess you can stick with the handgun if you want; it just depends on how often you need to use it. WT's aren't big on range, anyway.

- For your other three weapons, I would use Twin Sabers with Assault Crush, Twin Claws with Renzan Seidan-ga, and Spear with Dus Majarra. With that, I'd say keep your Twin DB Swords, as they're quite good stat-wise for A rank twin sabers, although they may have a low % on them since I don't think you can synth them. I'd go with Heavy Twins if you're looking for a high % one, although T. Durandal Replica and Melton's Skillet Set (trade-in mission item, 36% ground only with LV4 Poison) are also good A rank ones. For twin claws, most of the S rank ones are fine, although I would shoot for a Twin Falclaw or Shide-Misaki. For spears, I'd go with a Muktrand or Gatranata.

- For armor, generally anything with 4 slots is good. Your Sori-Senba will work fine (just watch out for Foie and fire enemies, since it's ice only), but I would look into getting a Serafi-Senba or a Rabol Orachio. For units, I would get the following:

Head: Har/Quick or Har/Smart for faster casting
    Arm: anything that boosts ATP, such as Vijerina/Power, Lumirus/Kaos Knight, or Lumirus/Power Chrg.
    Body: a Resist unit appropriate for the mission you're doing, otherwise any Rainbow unit to boost your armor's %
    Extra: any non-SUV unit that boosts STA/END
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Sep 10, 2010 at 01:10 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

kool beans!
    X360/JP

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    If I was running WT , here's what I would probably go with:

- Wand + Tech-MAG, for your buffs (Shifta, Deband, Zodial, and Retier). TP does not matter with this setup, so you'll want weapons with high PP. In the long-term, I would aim for a Granahodorac and a high-grind Shato, although most any Yohmei or Kubara weapon will do just fine.

- Wand + Tech-MAG, as your "utility" setup. When I played AT, I set up one slot to at least hold Giresta, and then used the other slots to hold spells like Regrants, Noszonde, Nosdiga, Diga, or Foie - the types of offensive techs that are good in certain situations. However, now that Dizas is out, you might want to try and get it and maybe pair it with Giresta to have two more buff spells on the same weapon, and/or have Resta and Reverser on your other weapon. This slot can also be used for the 3 debuffs (Jellen, Zalure, and Zoldeel) + Giresta to fill out the last space, should you decide to go that route, although most of the time you won't really need them unless you or your party is having trouble. Megistar is another option as well, if you're soloing, or you can just fill it up with offensive techs. It's really up to you how you want to set this slot up, depending if you want to go for more of an offensive or supportive role. It may just be easier to stick with a Resta/Reverser wand or tech-MAG, and use another one-handed weapon alongside it; in this case, I would go with any one-handed melee weapon (whatever's your preference) + a tech-MAG for Resta/Reverser. Just keep in mind that if you need to heal a lot, you'll need to switch back and forth between weapons to cast these techs, so lag/slowdown might be an issue.

- I'd look into also reserving one slot for a Bow as your ranged option. I played FG, GM, and PT a lot, so I may be a bit biased on this, and even though WT is the only class with access to bows that can't use A ranks of them, I'd still use one for the fact that it has much more range than a handgun or cards, plus you can aim it in first-person view like a handgun, although you can't effectively strafe and fire with one like you can handguns and cards. Cards can be an alternate option that you can again pair with a Resta/Reverser wand for healing. Personally I don't like cards, though. I guess you can stick with the handgun if you want; it just depends on how often you need to use it. WT's aren't big on range, anyway.

- For your other three weapons, I would use Twin Sabers with Assault Crush, Twin Claws with Renzan Seidan-ga, and Spear with Dus Majarra. With that, I'd say keep your Twin DB Swords, as they're quite good stat-wise for A rank twin sabers, although they mav have a low % on them since I don't think you can synth them. I'd go with Heavy Twins if you're looking for a high % one, although T. Durandal Replica and Melton's Skillet Set (trade-in mission item, 36% ground only with LV4 Poison) are also good A rank ones. For twin claws, most of the S rank ones are fine, although I would shoot for a Twin Falclaw or Shide-Misaki. For spears, I'd go with a Muktrand or Gatranata.

- For armor, generally anything with 4 slots is good. Your Sori-Senba will work fine (just watch out for Foie and fire enemies, since it's ice only), but I would look into getting a Serafi-Senba or a Rabol Orachio. For units, I would get the following:

Head: Har/Quick or Har/Smart for faster casting
    Arm: anything that boosts ATP, such as Vijerina/Power, Lumirus/Kaos Knight, or Lumirus/Power Chrg.
    Body: a Resist unit appropriate for the mission you're doing, otherwise any Rainbow unit to boost your armor's %
    Extra: any non-SUV unit that boosts STA/END
    Heads up sorry for double post but this is way to much lol Slots i got no problem but really buffs? at this point WT for buffs is useless(lv 21) lol seeing as i always run with a AT ,also a little to much on claws yes powerful but not good for speed daggers are way better and so are whips hell my pallet is longsword,2 whips, Card, Tech mags(heal), Daggers, Spear,Twin sabers..... etc. but also i am 180 were much of anything can be badass lol
    Last edited by XbikXBd; Sep 9, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
    X360/JP

Quote Originally Posted by XbikXBd View Post
    Heads up sorry for double post but this is way to much lol Slots i got no problem but really buffs? at this point WT for buffs is useless(lv 21) lol seeing as i always run with a AT ,also a little to much on claws yes powerful but not good for speed daggers are way better and so are whips hell my pallet is longsword,2 whips, Card, Tech mags(heal), Daggers, Spear,Twin sabers..... etc. but also i am 180 were much of anything can be badass lol
    Lol, it's cool. Back when I was playing, I just used those weapons out of preference; I never really played WT other than to unlock Masterforce, which ironically I never really played either... XD

I never really liked PSU's job system that much... sure, you have your gunners, techers, and melee guys, but everyone could more or less do the same stuff, no one had weapons or abilities that were PURELY UNIQUE to their job and provided niche party roles (save for Protranser's EX traps, and Fighgunner used to be the only job that could use doublesabers). Really, the only differences are the caps on what you can and can't use, whether or not you can naturally attack fast, and stat-stacking. Hopefully the newer updates changed that since then...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Lol, it's cool. Back when I was playing, I just used those weapons out of preference; I never really played WT other than to unlock Masterforce, which ironically I never really played either... XD

I never really liked PSU's job system that much... sure, you have your gunners, techers, and melee guys, but everyone could more or less do the same stuff, no one had weapons or abilities that were PURELY UNIQUE to their job and provided niche party roles (save for Protranser's EX traps, and Fighgunner used to be the only job that could use doublesabers). Really, the only differences are the caps on what you can and can't use, whether or not you can naturally attack fast, and stat-stacking. Hopefully the newer updates changed that since then...
    npnp other then the daggers and whip issue u gave a good advice lol good job
    X360/JP

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

For WT which do you feel is a better choice for mobs...whips or spears? Dus Robado has a good modifier, and spears have MUCH higher ATP, but whips hit more targets more times, and has SE.

Sorry, on my WT I always carried a few burn or virus G traps traps for others since (as they aslways seem to run out or forget them)

Spears r good? i thought they sucked